TIFFANY ON APPELT
“Defending Jackson is like corralling the chickens - it appears you have him right where you want him, and then he is gone and out of your reach. This burst of speed Jackson possesses allows him to separate from his defenseman and shoot uncontested. Not surprisingly, Jackson is proving he has a quick retention of the offensive schematics. This first-year brings an inquisitiveness and fresh perspective to our training sessions.”
• Appeared in five of UVA's 18 games
• Made his collegiate debut at Manhattan and scored a goal on first collegiate shot
• Also scored a goal against VMI
• Picked up four ground balls and caused one turnover
• Varsity captain
• US Lacrosse Bob Scott Award Recipient (Northeast Region)
• US Lacrosse Academic All-American
• Two-time first-team all-state
• Two-time All-FCIAC
• Three-time state champions (2015, 2016, 2017)
• Four-year varsity letterman
• Also played football and was a first-team All-FCIAC
• Second-team all-state (football)
• Three-time state champions (2014, 2015, 2016) (football)
• Three-year varsity letterman (football)
• Son of Garth and Kim Appelt
• CIAC 2017 Scholar-Athlete of the Year (New Canaan High School)
• UVA Jefferson Scholar Regional Finalist
• Harold S Kenney Scholar Athlete Award Recipient
• Bradley Fetchet 9/11 Memorial Award Recipient
• Wilburn Fellowship Award Recipient
• President of New Canaan National Honor Society
• Yale Club Junior Book Award Recipient.
Thompson Starts Laying GroundworkWomen's Basketball6/20/18Summer practice started Wednesday morning for the Virginia women's basketball team, which has a new head coach, Tina Thompson.Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Scott Hooper Named a USILA Scholar All-American
M. Lacrosse | 6/11/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse senior defenseman Scott Hooper has been named a USILA Scholar All-A...
Cavaliers Place Three on the USILA All-America Team
M. Lacrosse | 5/24/2018
Virginia men's lacrosse players Dox Aitken, Scott Hooper and Michael Kraus were named to the 2018...
UVA Falls in the NCAA Tournament at No. 6 Seed Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 5/13/2018
The Virginia Cavaliers (12-6) fell in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday night at...
Jeff White: Hooper Sets Bar High On and Off Field
M. Lacrosse | 5/11/2018
Defenseman Scott Hooper is a four-year starter for Virginia, which meets No. 6 seed Loyola in the...
UVA Opens NCAA Play at No. 6 Seed Loyola on Saturday Night
M. Lacrosse | 5/10/2018
UVA Draws Road Game at Loyola in First Round of NCAA...
M. Lacrosse | 5/6/2018
Virginia has received an at-large bid to the 2018 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship and will...
Matt Moore Named ACC Freshman of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 05/02/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse midfielder Matt Moore has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference&...
No. 9 UVA Cruises Past In-State Foe VMI, 17-8
M. Lacrosse | 05/01/2018
The No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (12-5) cruised past the VMI Keydets (2-11) on Tuesday night, 17-8, ...
- Online Stores