"Don’t let the disarming smile and friendly persona fool you: Jared is a fierce competitor. The transformation happens as he steps on the field. He is becoming one of the program’s best cover defensemen, utilizing his disruptive approaches, long reach and unforeseen strength. For these reasons, Jared may be employed down low on close defense at times. But he is a natural in the middle of the field, creating pressure on both ball carriers and the opposing goal as he sparks our offensive transition."
• Appeared in all 15 of UVA's games at the LSM position
• Picked up 49 ground balls and caused 11 turnovers
• Scored two goals and dished out one assist
• Made collegiate debut at Loyola, picking up three ground balls and causing three turnovers
• Picked up a season-high seven ground balls against Drexel
• Scored his first two collegiate goals at Richmond, including the game-winning score with 55.6 seconds left
• He then striped Richmond of the ball on ensuing defensive stand to secure victory with the caused turnover
• Listed as the No. 20 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Listed as the No. 4 defenseman in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Under Armour All-American
• Four-year letterwinner at Pittsford
• Two-time US Lacrosse All-American
• Scored 13 goals and dished out 10 assists during high school career as a pole
• Two-year captain
• Two-time Section V Defensive Player of the Year
• First-team all-county
• All-Greater Rochester
• Honor roll student
• Son of Mark and Karen Conners
• Has an older brother, Jesse, and a younger sister, Paige
• Brother, Jesse, plays football at Holy Cross
• Enjoys fishing
• Volunteer coach at Pittsford youth lacrosse camps
'Hoos Exit With Heads Held HighWomen's Basketball3/19/18In its first trip to the NCAA tourney since 2010, 10th-seeded Virginia went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating seventh-seeded Cal and losing to second-seeded South Carolina.'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA TourneyWomen's Basketball3/18/18A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the NCAA tournament's Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 2000.End Comes Too Soon for No. 1 CavaliersMen's Basketball3/17/18In the NCAA tournament's first round, No. 1 seed Virginia lost 74-54 to No. 16 seed UMBC in a South Region game in Charlotte, N.C.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 9 UVA and No. 10 Johns Hopkins Clash on Saturday
M. Lacrosse | 3/22/2018
No. 10 UVA Picks Up Mid-Week Win Over Dartmouth, 12-6
M. Lacrosse | 3/20/2018
The No. 10 Virginia Cavaliers (7-2) received goals from seven different players en route to a mid...
No. 10 UVA Hosts Dartmouth on Tuesday Afternoon
M. Lacrosse | 3/19/2018
Tuesday’s Dartmouth Game Start Time Changed to 3 p.m.
M. Lacrosse | 3/19/2018
Faceoff of Tuesday’s (March 20) home non-conference men’s lacrosse game at Klöck...
No. 7 UVA Falls Late at No. 4 Notre Dame, 9-7
M. Lacrosse | 3/17/2018
The No. 7 Virginia Cavaliers (6-2, 0-2 ACC) dropped a heartbreaker against the No. 4 Notre Dame...
No. 7 UVA Returns to ACC Play on Saturday at No. 4 Notre Dame
M. Lacrosse | 3/15/2018
No. 9 UVA is Triumphant at Stony Brook, 15-14
M. Lacrosse | 03/10/2018
No. 9 Virginia (6-1) sweeps its New York road trip, as the Cavaliers outlast the Stony Brook...
No. 9 UVA Concludes New York Swing on Saturday at Stony Brook
M. Lacrosse | 03/08/2018
- Online Stores