TIFFANY ON JONES
“Jarrett joins us in the Spring semester having taken a unique path to UVA, including a semester at Piedmont Valley Community College. Taking an alternative route, Jarrett has proven his unwavering desire to be a Cavalier. He will train at both close defense and the long-stick midfield position.”
• A 2016 graduate of Palos Verdes High School where he played lacrosse and basketball
• Was a four-year starter and three-time captain
• Member of Palos Verdes' 2014 and 2015 CIF Southern Section championship team
• All-American in 2015 and 2016
• Bay League Player of the Year in 2016
• First-team All-Bay League all four years
• Holds the school career record for ground balls (371) and caused turnovers (211)
• Played club lacrosse for the West Coast Starz
• Son of JP and Deborah Jones
• Has one sister, Jessica, and one brother, Justin
• Great grandfather, John Paul Jones II, was an Oylmpic athlete in 1912, an All-American runner at Cornell and held multiple World Records in the mile
• Grandfather, John Paul Jones III, was a center on the Arizona football team in 1955 and 1956
• Member of Los Hermanos Verdes, logging over 100 volunteer hours in the community
• Worked at the Palos Verdes Beach and Athletic Club
• Volunteered for Lacrosse the Nations, serving in Nicaragua with lacrosse clinics to impoverished youth
• Youth lacrosse coach with Factory Lacrosse
• Member of FCA
• National Honor Society
• California Scholarship Federation
• Enjoys fly fishing, surfing and paddle boarding
'Hoos Exit With Heads Held HighWomen's Basketball3/19/18In its first trip to the NCAA tourney since 2010, 10th-seeded Virginia went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating seventh-seeded Cal and losing to second-seeded South Carolina.'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA TourneyWomen's Basketball3/18/18A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the NCAA tournament's Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 2000.End Comes Too Soon for No. 1 CavaliersMen's Basketball3/17/18In the NCAA tournament's first round, No. 1 seed Virginia lost 74-54 to No. 16 seed UMBC in a South Region game in Charlotte, N.C.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 9 UVA and No. 10 Johns Hopkins Clash on Saturday
M. Lacrosse | 3/22/2018
No. 10 UVA Picks Up Mid-Week Win Over Dartmouth, 12-6
M. Lacrosse | 3/20/2018
The No. 10 Virginia Cavaliers (7-2) received goals from seven different players en route to a mid...
No. 10 UVA Hosts Dartmouth on Tuesday Afternoon
M. Lacrosse | 3/19/2018
Tuesday’s Dartmouth Game Start Time Changed to 3 p.m.
M. Lacrosse | 3/19/2018
Faceoff of Tuesday’s (March 20) home non-conference men’s lacrosse game at Klöck...
No. 7 UVA Falls Late at No. 4 Notre Dame, 9-7
M. Lacrosse | 3/17/2018
The No. 7 Virginia Cavaliers (6-2, 0-2 ACC) dropped a heartbreaker against the No. 4 Notre Dame...
No. 7 UVA Returns to ACC Play on Saturday at No. 4 Notre Dame
M. Lacrosse | 3/15/2018
No. 9 UVA is Triumphant at Stony Brook, 15-14
M. Lacrosse | 03/10/2018
No. 9 Virginia (6-1) sweeps its New York road trip, as the Cavaliers outlast the Stony Brook...
No. 9 UVA Concludes New York Swing on Saturday at Stony Brook
M. Lacrosse | 03/08/2018
- Online Stores