TIFFANY ON KRATKY
“Jeff is one of the strongest men in the program, both from a physical and mental perspective. He has a professional approach to his work. Jeff has embraced the expanded role given to faceoff men with our up-tempo transition game. His willingness to do whatever is asked of him is clearly evident as he throws around big plates in the weight room and fights for every ball at the faceoff X.”
• Appeared in seven of UVA's 15 games
• Was 10-of-20 from the faceoff X
• Picked up eight ground balls
• Won three faceoffs against Siena
• Appeared in all 15 of UVA's games
• Finished the season 51-of-104 on faceoffs
• Picked up 17 ground balls
• Was 5-of-7 on faceoffs against Penn
• Was 4-of-5 on faceoffs against Saint Joseph’s
• Appeared in all 15 of UVa's games
• Finished the season 71-of-169 on faceoffs
• Was 7-of-16 on faceoffs at No. 7 Loyola (Feb. 7)
• Was 7-of-23 on faceoffs against No. 16 Drexel (Feb. 14)
• Scored first collegiate goal against the Dragons
• Was 7-of-13 against Penn on faceoffs (April 25)
• Appeared in eight of UVa's 16 games
• Made collegiate debut at Richmond (Feb. 8)
• Scored first collegiate goal after winning a faceoff and streaking down the field vs. VMI (March 24)
• Picked up six ground balls
• Won 13-of-42 faceoff attempts
• Four-year letterwinner at Taft School
• All-Western New England Division I honoree three times
• Scored 34 goals and dished out 12 assists for 46 points as a senior
• Picked up 137 ground balls as a senior and took over 300 faceoffs, winning 65 percent
• Played in the Senior East-West All-Star game
• Runner-up for the Western New England midfielder of the year
• Inside Lacrosse's No. 44 young gun rising senior
• Had over 90 ground balls in 2012
• Team captain in 2011-12-13
• Earned two letters in football and three in Wrestling
• Class committee member for student council junior year
• Son of John and Valerie Kratky
• Father John played baseball and was on the wrestling team at Colgate
• Has an older brother, Mike, and an older sister, Teal
• Plays the drums
Johnson Eager to Make Mark as CavalierMen's Basketball8/23/17The addition of graduate student Nigel Johnson, who averaged 11.3 points for Rutgers last season, strengthens UVA's backcourt.New Coaches Welcomed Into Cavaliers' FoldWomen's Rowing8/18/17Virginia's rowing team heads into 2017-18 with two new coaches: associate head coach Emily Ford and assistant Erin Neppel.Nelson Making Name for Himself in SecondaryFootball8/16/17Redshirt freshman Brenton Nelson, who was put on scholarship this month, is competing for a starting job in Virginia's nickel defense.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Tiffany Welcomes the 2017 Recruiting Class
M. Lacrosse | 7/17/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse head coach Lars Tiffany welcomes the Virginia men’s lacrosse ...
Five Cavaliers Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
M. Lacrosse | 6/27/2017
Five members of the UVA men’s lacrosse team were named to the 2017 All-ACC Academic MenR...
Tanner Scales Named a USILA Scholar All-American
M. Lacrosse | 6/8/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse senior defenseman Tanner Scales has been named a USILA Scholar All-...
Three Cavaliers Selected in the 2017 MLL Draft
M. Lacrosse | 5/28/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse had three seniors selected in the 2017 Major League Lacrosse...
Cavaliers Place Four on the USILA All-America Team
M. Lacrosse | 5/24/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse players Dox Aitken, Ryan Conrad, Michael Kraus and Zed Williams...
Doug Knight to be Inducted into the US Lacrosse Hall of Fame
M. Lacrosse | 5/23/2017
Former Virginia men’s lacrosse attackman Doug Knight is a member of the 2017 US Lacrosse...
Kraus Named ACC Rookie of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 05/02/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse attackman Michael Kraus has been named the Atlantic Coast...
Cavaliers Fall to Penn in ACC Showcase Game
M. Lacrosse | 04/29/2017
All six of UVA's offensive starters scored at least one goal in loss
- Online Stores