TIFFANY ON FRENCH
“Is his volume ever muted? How does one man lift an entire practice with his voice and play? Join us for a practice you will witness this inspiring player. Joe’s infectious attitude and energy speaks volumes about his character, as well as the pure joy he experiences playing the game of lacrosse. A talented inside player, Joe executes the two-man game as well as anyone due to his extensive playing history in the box.”
• Drafted in the 10th round (84th overall) of the 2017 MLL Draft by the Chesapeake Bayhawks
• Appeared in all 15 games with 13 starts
• Scored 19 goals at attack
• Finished No. 8 on the team with 24 points
• Scored a season-high four goals and five points against Cleveland State
• Tallied hat-tricks against Siena, High Point and Robert Morris
• Appeared in 14 of UVA's 15 games with one start
• Saw most of his time on extra-man
• Finished season with seven goals
• Made first collegiate start at Drexel and scored one goal
• Scored an extra-man goal against Saint Joseph’s
• Scored once at Cornell
• Appeared in 11 of UVa's 15 games
• Suffered a thumb injury that kept him out of four games
• Scored four goals and picked up seven ground balls
• Caused two turnovers
• Scored once at No. 7 Loyola (Feb. 7)
• Recorded a hat trick at VMI (March 24)
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Appeared in four of UVa's 16 games
• Made collegiate debut at Richmond (Feb. 8)
• Scored first career goal at Mount St. Mary's (Feb. 25)
• Scored a career-high four goals against VMI (March 24)
• Tallied first two career assists against the Keydets for a career-high six points
• Also saw time against Rutgers (Feb. 22)
• Picked up one ground ball
• Listed as the No. 5 post-grad recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Rated the No. 1 post-grad attackman in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Scored 42 points against stiff New England West I competition
• Posted 35 goals and seven assists while earning All-League Western New England Division I
• Member of Canada's U-19 squad that took the silver medal in 2012 in Finland
• Was the youngest attackman on Canada's U-19 team
• Was a two-time leading scorer for St. Michael's
• Won two Ontario High School gold medals with St. Michael's and was a two-time captain
• Won two Canadian national championships with Team Ontario
• Recipient of the Enzo Montemurro Award for sportsmanship, school spirit and athletics
• Played football at St. Michael's where he was a running back and linebacker on the 2009 Ontario Metro Bowl championship team
• Was the 2010 Western Ontario Football MVP
• Son of Dean and Jane French
• Has a brother, Ben, and a sister, Emily
• Likes to sleep with his lacrosse stick the nights before games
• Played with fellow second-year Alec Webster at Deerfield in 2013
Spring Football NotebookFootball4/20/18As part of the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend, spring football concludes for the Cavaliers with an open practice April 28 at Scott Stadium.Thompson Ready To Lead From FrontWomen's Basketball4/18/18The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at John Paul Jones Arena, where Tina Thompson was introduced as UVA's women's basketball coach.Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in PostseasonMen's Golf4/18/18Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's ACC tournament in good form.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Aitken and Kraus Named Nominees for 2018 Tewaaraton Trophy
M. Lacrosse | 4/26/2018
Virginia attackman Michael Kraus and midfielder Dox Aitken named two of 25 nominees for the 2018 ...
Aitken and Kraus Named to All-ACC Team
M. Lacrosse | 4/26/2018
Virginia attackman Michael Kraus and midfielder Dox Aitken were named to the men's lacrosse All-A...
No. 11 UVA and No. 12 Cuse Meet Friday in ACC Tournament
M. Lacrosse | 4/25/2018
ACC Tournament Host Earns No. 4 Seed
M. Lacrosse | 4/21/2018
The Virginia Cavaliers (10-4, 1-3 ACC) have earned the No. 4 seed in the 2018 ACC Tournament and ...
No. 13 UVA Outlasts Vermont on Saturday, 10-9
M. Lacrosse | 4/21/2018
Michael Kraus returns home and scores game-winning goal in the IMLCA Game of the Week.
No. 13 UVA and Vermont Meet Saturday in Connecticut
M. Lacrosse | 4/19/2018
Hooper Selected by Charlotte in the Fourth Round of the 2018...
M. Lacrosse | 04/18/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse defenseman Scott Hooper was selected in the 2018 Major League...
Jeff White: Kraus Sparkles Even in Defeat
M. Lacrosse | 04/14/2018
Sophomore attackman Michael Kraus had four goals and five assists -- both team highs -- in No. 10...
- Online Stores