“Not recruited and offered little optimism from myself for making the team, much less playing, this first-year has quickly proven me wrong. How does an unheralded defenseman quickly make such a shockingly positive impression? Kyle is a very intuitive lacrosse player who makes quick and very often accurate decisions as an off-ball defender. He is quickly becoming a man we can rely upon and our staff recognizes Kyle makes us a smarter defense.”
• Three-year varsity letterwinner at Chatham High School
• First-team all-state as a junior and senior
• First-team all-conference as a junior and senior
• First-team All-Morris County as a junior and senior
• Chatham Defensive MVP in 2017
• Helped Chatham to the conference championship in 2017
• Helped Chatham to the Group 2 state championship in 2016
• An honorable mention all-state and all-conference honoree in 2015
• Had one goal and eight assists as a senior in 2017
• Earned two letters on the basketball team, earning All-NJAC honorable mention honors, while helping Chatham to the Morris County championship
• Son of Kevin and Gail Kology
• Has two sisters, Regan and Lara, and one brother, Griffin
• Sister, Regan, swims for Harvard (2014-18) and was a member of the USA National Junior Team in 2014 and 2015
• Sister, Regan, earned a bronze medal for the USA at the Jr. Pan Pacifics in the Open Water 10K in 2014
• Cousin, John Crotty, played basketball at UVA from 1987-91, and played in the NBA from 1992-2003
• Cousin, John Crotty, Sr., played basketball at North Carolina
• National AP Scholar with Distinction
• Morris County Scholar Athlete Award
• National Honor Society
• National French Honor Society
• In 2017 was Vice President of the Future Business Leaders of America and in 2016 was Jr. President
'Hoos Exit With Heads Held HighWomen's Basketball3/19/18In its first trip to the NCAA tourney since 2010, 10th-seeded Virginia went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating seventh-seeded Cal and losing to second-seeded South Carolina.'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA TourneyWomen's Basketball3/18/18A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the NCAA tournament's Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 2000.End Comes Too Soon for No. 1 CavaliersMen's Basketball3/17/18In the NCAA tournament's first round, No. 1 seed Virginia lost 74-54 to No. 16 seed UMBC in a South Region game in Charlotte, N.C.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 9 UVA and No. 10 Johns Hopkins Clash on Saturday
M. Lacrosse | 3/22/2018
No. 10 UVA Picks Up Mid-Week Win Over Dartmouth, 12-6
M. Lacrosse | 3/20/2018
The No. 10 Virginia Cavaliers (7-2) received goals from seven different players en route to a mid...
No. 10 UVA Hosts Dartmouth on Tuesday Afternoon
M. Lacrosse | 3/19/2018
Tuesday’s Dartmouth Game Start Time Changed to 3 p.m.
M. Lacrosse | 3/19/2018
Faceoff of Tuesday’s (March 20) home non-conference men’s lacrosse game at Klöck...
No. 7 UVA Falls Late at No. 4 Notre Dame, 9-7
M. Lacrosse | 3/17/2018
The No. 7 Virginia Cavaliers (6-2, 0-2 ACC) dropped a heartbreaker against the No. 4 Notre Dame...
No. 7 UVA Returns to ACC Play on Saturday at No. 4 Notre Dame
M. Lacrosse | 3/15/2018
No. 9 UVA is Triumphant at Stony Brook, 15-14
M. Lacrosse | 03/10/2018
No. 9 Virginia (6-1) sweeps its New York road trip, as the Cavaliers outlast the Stony Brook...
No. 9 UVA Concludes New York Swing on Saturday at Stony Brook
M. Lacrosse | 03/08/2018
- Online Stores