“Not recruited and offered little optimism from myself for making the team, much less playing, this first-year has quickly proven me wrong. How does an unheralded defenseman quickly make such a shockingly positive impression? Kyle is a very intuitive lacrosse player who makes quick and very often accurate decisions as an off-ball defender. He is quickly becoming a man we can rely upon and our staff recognizes Kyle makes us a smarter defense.”
• Appeared in all 18 of UVA's games with 16 starts at close defense
• Picked up 20 ground balls and caused 12 turnovers on the season
• He recorded a season-high four ground balls at Notre Dame
• Caused two turnovers at High Point and in his collegiate debut against Loyola
• Three-year varsity letterwinner at Chatham High School
• First-team all-state as a junior and senior
• First-team all-conference as a junior and senior
• First-team All-Morris County as a junior and senior
• Chatham Defensive MVP in 2017
• Helped Chatham to the conference championship in 2017
• Helped Chatham to the Group 2 state championship in 2016
• An honorable mention all-state and all-conference honoree in 2015
• Had one goal and eight assists as a senior in 2017
• Earned two letters on the basketball team, earning All-NJAC honorable mention honors, while helping Chatham to the Morris County championship
• Son of Kevin and Gail Kology
• Has two sisters, Regan and Lara, and one brother, Griffin
• Sister, Regan, swims for Harvard (2014-18) and was a member of the USA National Junior Team in 2014 and 2015
• Sister, Regan, earned a bronze medal for the USA at the Jr. Pan Pacifics in the Open Water 10K in 2014
• Cousin, John Crotty, played basketball at UVA from 1987-91, and played in the NBA from 1992-2003
• Cousin, John Crotty, Sr., played basketball at North Carolina
• National AP Scholar with Distinction
• Morris County Scholar Athlete Award
• National Honor Society
• National French Honor Society
• In 2017 was Vice President of the Future Business Leaders of America and in 2016 was Jr. President
Thompson Starts Laying GroundworkWomen's Basketball6/20/18Summer practice started Wednesday morning for the Virginia women's basketball team, which has a new head coach, Tina Thompson.Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Scott Hooper Named a USILA Scholar All-American
M. Lacrosse | 6/11/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse senior defenseman Scott Hooper has been named a USILA Scholar All-A...
Cavaliers Place Three on the USILA All-America Team
M. Lacrosse | 5/24/2018
Virginia men's lacrosse players Dox Aitken, Scott Hooper and Michael Kraus were named to the 2018...
UVA Falls in the NCAA Tournament at No. 6 Seed Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 5/13/2018
The Virginia Cavaliers (12-6) fell in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday night at...
Jeff White: Hooper Sets Bar High On and Off Field
M. Lacrosse | 5/11/2018
Defenseman Scott Hooper is a four-year starter for Virginia, which meets No. 6 seed Loyola in the...
UVA Opens NCAA Play at No. 6 Seed Loyola on Saturday Night
M. Lacrosse | 5/10/2018
UVA Draws Road Game at Loyola in First Round of NCAA...
M. Lacrosse | 5/6/2018
Virginia has received an at-large bid to the 2018 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship and will...
Matt Moore Named ACC Freshman of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 05/02/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse midfielder Matt Moore has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference&...
No. 9 UVA Cruises Past In-State Foe VMI, 17-8
M. Lacrosse | 05/01/2018
The No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (12-5) cruised past the VMI Keydets (2-11) on Tuesday night, 17-8, ...
- Online Stores