TIFFANY ON GRECO
“With an additional year of fitness training and practice under his belt after redshirting last season, Logan is better prepared for an impactful season. As one of our more cerebral athletes, he boosts our team defense’s acumen - he possesses a coach-type perspective. Such an appreciation for the nuances and schemes of our defense will allow Logan to push for significant playing time this spring.”
• Appeared in all 18 of UVA's games with 14 starts
• Picked up 27 ground balls and caused 20 turnovers
• Picked up four ground balls against Richmond and Dartmouth
• Caused three turnovers against Duke, North Carolina, Dartmouth and Loyola
• Did not appear in any games
• Redshirted season
• Appeared in 10 of UVA's 15 games with seven starts
• Picked up eight ground balls and caused four turnovers
• Caused a turnover at Drexel
• Grabbed two ground balls against Penn
• Picked up one ground ball and one CT against Syracuse
• Appeared in all 15 of UVa's games with 13 starts at close defense
• One of two true freshmen to start for the UVa defense in the season-opening win at No. 7 Loyola (Feb. 7)
• Collected two ground balls and caused two turnovers at No. 7 Loyola
• Picked up two ground balls against No. 16 Drexel (Feb. 14)
• Caused a turnover agains Rutgers (Feb. 21)
• Picked up a career-high three ground balls at No. 2 Syracuse (March 1)
• Listed as the No. 31 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Listed as the No. 5 incoming defenseman in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Under Armour All-American
• Four-year letterwinner
• All-Metro and Newsday All-Long Island
• Tallied 59 ground balls as a senior
• Graduated with 128 career ground balls
• Three-year member of the Long Island Showcase team
• Suffolk County High School All-American
• Earned the White Letter Award
• 2013 Under Armour Underclassman Team
• Newsday All-Long Island second-team
• 2012-13 Division I Super 7 Champions
• 2011 Jake Reed Nike Rising Junior
• Also a four-year starter on the football
• Twice named to the Newsday Grid Iron team
• Played high school lacrosse with current Cavalier James Pannell
• Son of Christopher and Joanne Greco
• Has two younger brothers, Hunter and Reed
• Loves to watch college football
• Has coached his little brothers' football and lacrosse teams
Thompson Starts Laying GroundworkWomen's Basketball6/20/18Summer practice started Wednesday morning for the Virginia women's basketball team, which has a new head coach, Tina Thompson.Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Scott Hooper Named a USILA Scholar All-American
M. Lacrosse | 6/11/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse senior defenseman Scott Hooper has been named a USILA Scholar All-A...
Cavaliers Place Three on the USILA All-America Team
M. Lacrosse | 5/24/2018
Virginia men's lacrosse players Dox Aitken, Scott Hooper and Michael Kraus were named to the 2018...
UVA Falls in the NCAA Tournament at No. 6 Seed Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 5/13/2018
The Virginia Cavaliers (12-6) fell in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday night at...
Jeff White: Hooper Sets Bar High On and Off Field
M. Lacrosse | 5/11/2018
Defenseman Scott Hooper is a four-year starter for Virginia, which meets No. 6 seed Loyola in the...
UVA Opens NCAA Play at No. 6 Seed Loyola on Saturday Night
M. Lacrosse | 5/10/2018
UVA Draws Road Game at Loyola in First Round of NCAA...
M. Lacrosse | 5/6/2018
Virginia has received an at-large bid to the 2018 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship and will...
Matt Moore Named ACC Freshman of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 05/02/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse midfielder Matt Moore has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference&...
No. 9 UVA Cruises Past In-State Foe VMI, 17-8
M. Lacrosse | 05/01/2018
The No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (12-5) cruised past the VMI Keydets (2-11) on Tuesday night, 17-8, ...
- Online Stores