"Faceoff specialists are the crash-test dummies of our sport, beaten and bloodied while never asking for sympathy. Befitting this description, Luke loves the competition at the faceoff X. But even more valuable is his shrewdness in dissecting the opposition’s tactics and making the necessary adjustments. In addition, there is a formidable growth mindset inside Luke - he is eager to shed the FOGO (face-off, get off) title as he grows more aware of our team’s schemes."
• Appeared in 14 of UVA's 15 games
• Went 89-of-169 (.527) from the faceoff X
• Scored one goal and dished out five assists
• Made collegiate debut against Drexel and won 12-of-15 faceoffs
• Scored one goal and dished out one assist in his collegiate debut against Drexel
• Picked up eight ground balls against Duke
• Did a post graduate year at Deerfield Academy
• A 2015 graduate of Paul VI High School
• Two-time first-team VISAA all-state
• Two-time second- team WCAC
• Under Armour Underclass All-American in 2014
• Named All-New England Western Division in 2016 at Deerfield
• Also participated in wrestling at Paul VI and Deerfield
• Undefeated in wrestling at Deerfield during 2016 regular season
• Placed fourth in the New England wrestling championships at 182 pounds at Deerfield
• Fifth in VISAA state championship at 170 pounds in 2014
• On the Principal's Honor Roll at Paul VI
• Son of Eric and Nina Brugel
• Has two older sisters, Nicole and Cara
• Dad, Eric, was an All-American wrestler at Penn State
New Era Begins for Davenport FieldBaseball2/21/18The expanded Davenport Field was unveiled Tuesday, and a crowd of 3,709, the largest ever for a UVA home opener, turned out for the game.Davenport Field Ready for UnveilingBaseball2/20/18No. 15 Virginia hosts VMI at 5 p.m. Tuesday at Davenport Field, which has been expanded and upgraded since the end of last season.Prime Opportunity Eludes CavaliersWomen's Basketball2/18/18Virginia, which lost Sunday to ACC rival Miami at John Paul Jones Arena, has two regular-season games remaining, both on the road.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 6 UVA Snatches Road Win at High Point, 18-12
M. Lacrosse | 2/20/2018
Kraus leads UVA with five goals and seven points
No. 6 UVA Heads to High Point for a Tuesday-Night Clash
M. Lacrosse | 2/19/2018
Aitken Leads No. 11 UVA Over Drexel, 13-8
M. Lacrosse | 2/17/2018
Sophomore midfielder scores four goals in Cavalier win
No. 11 Virginia Travels to Drexel on Saturday
M. Lacrosse | 2/15/2018
UVA Sweeps ACC Player of the Week Honors
M. Lacrosse | 2/12/2018
Laviano and Thompson honored for their play against then-No. 13 Loyola, helping the Cavaliers win...
Jeff White: Newcomer Provides Boost on Faceoffs
M. Lacrosse | 2/11/2018
A transfer from Monmouth, Justin Schwenk won 16 of 26 faceoffs Saturday in Virginia's season-open...
Aitken’s Goal Lifts UVA Over No. 13 Loyola in 2OT, 13-12
M. Lacrosse | 02/10/2018
Ian Laviano leads Cavaliers in collegiate debut with five goals and one assist to help the UVA...
UVA Hosts No. 13 Loyola in Season Opener on Saturday
M. Lacrosse | 02/08/2018
- Online Stores