TIFFANY ON EMERY
"Injured much of the fall, there were only a few chances for Matt to demonstrate to the new staff what he is capable of. But he made the most of his opportunities when he was on the practice field. With a powerful shot on the run, Matt can put pressure on an opposing defense as soon as he steps out of the substitution box and starts charging downhill. His field time will increase as he becomes 100 percent healthy and dynamic."
• Appeared in 12 of UVA's 15 games with one start
• Scored one goal and dished out two assists
• Picked up four ground balls
• Scored a goal and tallied an assist at Johns Hopkins
• Dished one assist against Cleveland State
• Appeared in 13 of UVA's 15 games with two starts
• Missed the Drexel and High Point games with an injury
• Finished season with seven goals and four assists seeing most time on second midfield
• Scored first goal of the season against Penn
• Scored once against Syracuse and Saint Joseph’s
• Appeared in 13 of UVA's 15 games
• Saw all his time on the second midfield
• Made collegiate debut at No. 7 Loyola and scored first career goal
• Scored one goal at Rutgers
• Dished out first career assist at VMI
• Redshirted season
• Dressed for all 16 of UVA's games
• Listed as the No. 30 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Listed as the No. 13 incoming midfielder in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Under Armour All-American
• Tallied 34 goals, 25 assists and picked up 49 ground balls as a senior
• Helped lead St. Ignatius to a 21-1 mark
• Played in the Under Armour Underclass Lacrosse Showcase
• Helped St. Ignatius win its league all four years
• Listed by Inside Lacrosse as its No. 19 Young Gun
• First team all-league honoree
• Winner of the John M Senyard Award
• Also played strong safety and wide receiver for the the football team, helping St. Ignatius win the Central Coast Section championship
• Son of Dana and Bob Emery
• Has an older brother, Rob, and a younger brother, Will
• Older brother Rob is a former UVA All-American and currently plays in the MLL with the Boston Cannons
• Mother Dana was a swimmer at Stanford from 1979-82
• Father Bob played football, basketball, lacrosse and track at Amherst College from 1979-83
• Enjoys longboarding, skiing and hanging with friends
• Volunteer work includes being a camp counselor for Today's Youth Matters and has worked with the Boys and Girls Club of San Francisco
Dreams Coming True for Opoku at UVAMen's Soccer9/22/17Edward Opoku, a native of Ghana, is the leading scorer for No. 9 Virginia, which hosts No. 7 North Carolina on Friday night at Klöckner Stadium.Reinkensmeyer Moves Center StageFootball9/19/17Redshirt freshman Dillon Reinkensmeyer will make his third start for Virginia -- his second at center -- at Boise State on Friday night.'Hoos Savor Emphatic VictoryFootball9/16/17Virginia, which finished 2-10 in 2016, improved to 2-1 in its second season under head coach Bronco Mendenhall with a 38-18 win over UConn.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Tiffany Welcomes the 2017 Recruiting Class
M. Lacrosse | 7/17/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse head coach Lars Tiffany welcomes the Virginia men’s lacrosse ...
Five Cavaliers Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
M. Lacrosse | 6/27/2017
Five members of the UVA men’s lacrosse team were named to the 2017 All-ACC Academic MenR...
Tanner Scales Named a USILA Scholar All-American
M. Lacrosse | 6/8/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse senior defenseman Tanner Scales has been named a USILA Scholar All-...
Three Cavaliers Selected in the 2017 MLL Draft
M. Lacrosse | 5/28/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse had three seniors selected in the 2017 Major League Lacrosse...
Cavaliers Place Four on the USILA All-America Team
M. Lacrosse | 5/24/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse players Dox Aitken, Ryan Conrad, Michael Kraus and Zed Williams...
Doug Knight to be Inducted into the US Lacrosse Hall of Fame
M. Lacrosse | 5/23/2017
Former Virginia men’s lacrosse attackman Doug Knight is a member of the 2017 US Lacrosse...
Kraus Named ACC Rookie of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 05/02/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse attackman Michael Kraus has been named the Atlantic Coast...
Cavaliers Fall to Penn in ACC Showcase Game
M. Lacrosse | 04/29/2017
All six of UVA's offensive starters scored at least one goal in loss
- Online Stores