TIFFANY ON EMERY
"Injured much of the fall, there were only a few chances for Matt to demonstrate to the new staff what he is capable of. But he made the most of his opportunities when he was on the practice field. With a powerful shot on the run, Matt can put pressure on an opposing defense as soon as he steps out of the substitution box and starts charging downhill. His field time will increase as he becomes 100 percent healthy and dynamic."
• Appeared in 13 of UVA's 15 games with two starts
• Missed the Drexel and High Point games with an injury
• Finished season with seven goals and four assists seeing most time on second midfield
• Scored first goal of the season against Penn
• Scored once against Syracuse and Saint Joseph’s
• Appeared in 13 of UVA's 15 games
• Saw all his time on the second midfield
• Made collegiate debut at No. 7 Loyola and scored first career goal
• Scored one goal at Rutgers
• Dished out first career assist at VMI
• Redshirted season
• Dressed for all 16 of UVA's games
• Listed as the No. 30 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Listed as the No. 13 incoming midfielder in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Under Armour All-American
• Tallied 34 goals, 25 assists and picked up 49 ground balls as a senior
• Helped lead St. Ignatius to a 21-1 mark
• Played in the Under Armour Underclass Lacrosse Showcase
• Helped St. Ignatius win its league all four years
• Listed by Inside Lacrosse as its No. 19 Young Gun
• First team all-league honoree
• Winner of the John M Senyard Award
• Also played strong safety and wide receiver for the the football team, helping St. Ignatius win the Central Coast Section championship
• Son of Dana and Bob Emery
• Has an older brother, Rob, and a younger brother, Will
• Older brother Rob is a former UVA All-American and currently plays in the MLL with the Boston Cannons
• Mother Dana was a swimmer at Stanford from 1979-82
• Father Bob played football, basketball, lacrosse and track at Amherst College from 1979-83
• Enjoys longboarding, skiing and hanging with friends
• Volunteer work includes being a camp counselor for Today's Youth Matters and has worked with the Boys and Girls Club of San Francisco
'Hoos Savor Latest ITA TitleMen's Tennis2/20/17In men's tennis, Virginia won its sixth ITA National Team Indoors Championship, defending Ohio State 4-1 at the Boar's Head Sports Club.Slumping Cavaliers Look to RegroupMen's Basketball2/19/17No. 14 Virginia (18-8, 8-6) will try to end a three-game losing streak Monday night when ACC rival Miami (18-8, 8-6) visit John Paul Jones Arena.Kwiatkowski Sets Standard On and Off CourtMen's Tennis2/16/17Thai-Son Kwiatkowski, one of top-ranked Virginia's best players, also has distinguished himself in the McIntire School of Commerce.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 6 UVA Hosts Siena Tuesday for a Mid-Week Tilt
M. Lacrosse | 2/20/2017
D’Amario Named ACC Offensive Player of the Week
M. Lacrosse | 2/20/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse player Mike D’Amario was named ACC Offensive Player of the...
D'Amario's Seven Goals Pushes No. 7 UVA Past Drexel, 18-14
M. Lacrosse | 2/18/2017
No. 7 UVA Hosts Drexel in Home Opener on Saturday
M. Lacrosse | 2/16/2017
UVA Sweeps ACC Player of the Week Honors
M. Lacrosse | 2/13/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse players Dox Aitken and Tanner Scales swept the ACC Player of the...
Jeff White: Aitken Dazzles in UVA Debut
M. Lacrosse | 2/11/2017
Freshman midfielder Dox Aitken scored a game-high four goals Saturday to help No. 14 Virginia...
UVA Opens the Tiffany Era with a 16-15 Win over No. 6 Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 02/11/2017
It was a wild finish at the Ridley Athletic Complex as 13 combined goals were scored in the...
No. 14 UVA Opens up the Tiffany Era at No. 6 Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 02/09/2017
- Online Stores