TIFFANY ON EMERY
"An offensive weapon, few are as imposing as Matt when he runs down the alley with his stick at the ready to let the shot fly. With a renewed determination and a healthier track record recently, Matt is making a positive impression upon both teammates and coaches alike. His overtime goal in the Blue-White scrimmage which ended the fall lacrosse season brought an explosion of joy from teammates."
• Appeared in 15 of UVA's 18 games with six starts
• Scored three goals and dished out three assists
• Had a season-best two goals and two assists against VMI
• Also scored a goal and dished out an assist at High Point
• Appeared in 12 of UVA's 15 games with one start
• Scored one goal and dished out two assists
• Picked up four ground balls
• Scored a goal and tallied an assist at Johns Hopkins
• Dished one assist against Cleveland State
• Appeared in 13 of UVA's 15 games with two starts
• Missed the Drexel and High Point games with an injury
• Finished season with seven goals and four assists seeing most time on second midfield
• Scored first goal of the season against Penn
• Scored once against Syracuse and Saint Joseph’s
• Appeared in 13 of UVA's 15 games
• Saw all his time on the second midfield
• Made collegiate debut at No. 7 Loyola and scored first career goal
• Scored one goal at Rutgers
• Dished out first career assist at VMI
• Redshirted season
• Dressed for all 16 of UVA's games
• Listed as the No. 30 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Listed as the No. 13 incoming midfielder in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Under Armour All-American
• Tallied 34 goals, 25 assists and picked up 49 ground balls as a senior
• Helped lead St. Ignatius to a 21-1 mark
• Played in the Under Armour Underclass Lacrosse Showcase
• Helped St. Ignatius win its league all four years
• Listed by Inside Lacrosse as its No. 19 Young Gun
• First team all-league honoree
• Winner of the John M Senyard Award
• Also played strong safety and wide receiver for the the football team, helping St. Ignatius win the Central Coast Section championship
• Son of Dana and Bob Emery
• Has an older brother, Rob, and a younger brother, Will
• Older brother Rob is a former UVA All-American and currently plays in the MLL with the Boston Cannons
• Mother Dana was a swimmer at Stanford from 1979-82
• Father Bob played football, basketball, lacrosse and track at Amherst College from 1979-83
• Enjoys longboarding, skiing and hanging with friends
• Volunteer work includes being a camp counselor for Today's Youth Matters and has worked with the Boys and Girls Club of San Francisco
NCAA Quest Begins for Iceland NativeTrack & Field, Cross Country5/24/18A three-time ACC champion in the hammer throw, Virginia junior Hilmar Jonsson competes Thursday at the NCAA East Preliminary meet in Tampa, Fla.Lynch Shines Again in His Season FinaleBaseball5/23/18In what was probably his final appearance for UVA, junior left-hander Daniel Lynch struck out seven Tuesday against Florida State in the ACC tournament.UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Cavaliers Place Three on the USILA All-America Team
M. Lacrosse | 5/24/2018
Virginia men's lacrosse players Dox Aitken, Scott Hooper and Michael Kraus were named to the 2018...
UVA Falls in the NCAA Tournament at No. 6 Seed Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 5/13/2018
The Virginia Cavaliers (12-6) fell in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday night at...
Jeff White: Hooper Sets Bar High On and Off Field
M. Lacrosse | 5/11/2018
Defenseman Scott Hooper is a four-year starter for Virginia, which meets No. 6 seed Loyola in the...
UVA Opens NCAA Play at No. 6 Seed Loyola on Saturday Night
M. Lacrosse | 5/10/2018
UVA Draws Road Game at Loyola in First Round of NCAA...
M. Lacrosse | 5/6/2018
Virginia has received an at-large bid to the 2018 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship and will...
Matt Moore Named ACC Freshman of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 5/2/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse midfielder Matt Moore has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference&...
No. 9 UVA Cruises Past In-State Foe VMI, 17-8
M. Lacrosse | 05/01/2018
The No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (12-5) cruised past the VMI Keydets (2-11) on Tuesday night, 17-8, ...
Jeff White: Weekend Ends on Disappointing Note
M. Lacrosse | 04/29/2018
Virginia plays once more before the NCAA field is announced next Sunday night. UVA (11-5) hosts...
- Online Stores