“The table is set after one semester. Matt spent his first few weeks on our practice field testing himself, discovering what he needed to learn and what needed to improve. Then he went to work: the subsequent results are promising. With growing confidence and positive support from his teammates, Matt is poised to make a difference for UVA on the offensive end in his first spring as a Cavalier.”
• ACC Freshman of the Year
• Named to the All-ACC Tournament team
• Appeared in 17 of UVA's 18 games with 12 starts
• Given the night off against VMI
• Scored 19 goals and dished out 15 assists for 34 points
• Also picked up 25 ground balls and caused five turnovers
• His 34 points rank No. 2 all-time among UVA freshman midfielders
• His 19 goals ties him with Larry LeDoyen (1983) and Jay Jalbert (1997) for No. 2 all-time among UVA freshman midfielders
• Posted four goals and four assists in the ACC Tournament
• Talled a season-best four goals against Syracuse in the ACC Tournament
• Recorded six multi-goal games
• Listed as the No. 4 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Listed as the No. 1 midfielder in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Under Armour All-American
• Four-time first-team All-Central League
• Four-time first-team All-Delaware County
• Four-time first-team all-state
• Three-time All-American
• Central League MVP in 2015 and 2016
• Four-time Garnet Valley Team MVP
• Finished with 156 career goals and 173 career assists for 329 points
• Three-time Under Armour Underclass Philadelphia Team
• Under Armour Underclass All-Tournament team in 2016
• Holds Garnet Valley record for playoff points (68), playoff goals (39), playoff assists (29) and goals in a playoff game (7)
• Also played soccer and was an All-Delaware County honorable mention as a junior
• Named first-team All-Delaware County and first-team All-Central League as a senior (Soccer)
• Captain as a junior and senior (Soccer)
• Son of Timothy and Michelle Moore
UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.Shared Vision Unites Mendenhall and WilliamsGeneral Release5/17/18Virginia's new athletics director, Carla Williams, has formed a strong working relationship with head football coach Bronco Mendenhall.Lillie Helps Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceWomen's Golf5/16/18Beth Lillie, one of four freshmen named to the All-ACC team, is second in scoring average for UVA, which plays in the NCAA championships this week.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Falls in the NCAA Tournament at No. 6 Seed Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 5/13/2018
The Virginia Cavaliers (12-6) fell in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday night at...
Jeff White: Hooper Sets Bar High On and Off Field
M. Lacrosse | 5/11/2018
Defenseman Scott Hooper is a four-year starter for Virginia, which meets No. 6 seed Loyola in the...
UVA Opens NCAA Play at No. 6 Seed Loyola on Saturday Night
M. Lacrosse | 5/10/2018
UVA Draws Road Game at Loyola in First Round of NCAA...
M. Lacrosse | 5/6/2018
Virginia has received an at-large bid to the 2018 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship and will...
Matt Moore Named ACC Freshman of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 5/2/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse midfielder Matt Moore has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference&...
No. 9 UVA Cruises Past In-State Foe VMI, 17-8
M. Lacrosse | 5/1/2018
The No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (12-5) cruised past the VMI Keydets (2-11) on Tuesday night, 17-8, ...
Jeff White: Weekend Ends on Disappointing Note
M. Lacrosse | 04/29/2018
Virginia plays once more before the NCAA field is announced next Sunday night. UVA (11-5) hosts...
No. 9 UVA Hosts In-State Foe VMI on Tuesday
M. Lacrosse | 05/01/2018
- Online Stores