Howard, Scales and Williams recognized by Inside Lacrosse
Howard and Williams earn first career honors
Long-stick midfielder earns first-career All-ACC nod
UVA has had at least one first round selection in each of the past eight drafts
Tucker received the Allen Voshell Award winner as Team MVP
TIFFANY ON HOWARD
“Injured for the entire fall, our new staff has yet to witness Michael’s defensive and ground ball prowess. What Michael was able to do this fall was to be an attentive and active inquisitive learner and teammate. This dedication to understanding the new transition and defensive concepts proved to all of us that he is preparing to literally hit the ground running this spring and to waste no time proving his value to the program.”
• Appeared in 10 of UVA's 15 games
• Missed five games with injury
• Picked up 20 ground balls and caused three turnovers
• Picked up three ground balls at Loyola
• USILA honorable mention All-American
• All-ACC at LSM
• Appeared in all 15 of UVA's games as the primary LSM
• Led UVA with 57 ground balls and caused 16 turnovers
• Preseason second-team All-American by Face-Off Yearbook
• Selected in the seventh round (55th overall) by the Chesapeake Bayhawks in the 2016 MLL Draft • Took first career faceoffs against High Point and won 4-of-5
• Snatched seven ground balls against Penn bull
• Had two ground balls and three causted turnovers against Syracuse
• Dished one assist at Cornell
• Appeared in all 15 of UVa's games with three starts
• Spent most of his time at LSM with his three starts coming at close defense
• Made his first career start against Georgetown (April 18)
• Also made starts against Penn and Johns Hopkins in the NCAA Tournament
• Caused three turnovers and picked up three ground balls against No. 16 Drexel (Feb. 14)
• Had four ground balls and caused two turnovers at Rutgers (Feb. 21)
• Dished first career assist at No. 2 Syracuse (March 1)
• Picked up for ground balls against No. 4 Notre Dame (March 14)
• Grabbed a career-high seven ground balls against Penn (April 25)
• Caused three turnovers against the Quakers
• Appeared in three of UVa's 16 games
• Made collegiate debut at Mount St. Mary's (Feb. 25)
• Also saw time vs. VMI (March 24) and Johns Hopkins (May 11)
• Picked up a ground ball and caused two turnovers against VMI (March 24)
• Redshirted season
• Listed as the No. 86 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Listed as the No. 25 incoming defensemen in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• All-American, all-state and all-prep honoree at Richmond's Collegiate School
• Was and Under Armour Underclass All-American in Washington D.C.
• Named the Most Outstanding Male Athlete at Collegiate School in 2012
• Also played basketball and soccer at Collegiate
• Attended same school of recent UVa alum and captain (2010) Mikey Thompson
• Same high school as current Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson and former UVA TE Jake McGee
• Prep League Player of the Year in soccer in 2012
• Team MVP in basketball in 2012
• Son of Christy Moran
• Has an older brother, Peter, and two older sisters, Anna and Beth
UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.Shared Vision Unites Mendenhall and WilliamsGeneral Release5/17/18Virginia's new athletics director, Carla Williams, has formed a strong working relationship with head football coach Bronco Mendenhall.Lillie Helps Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceWomen's Golf5/16/18Beth Lillie, one of four freshmen named to the All-ACC team, is second in scoring average for UVA, which plays in the NCAA championships this week.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Falls in the NCAA Tournament at No. 6 Seed Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 5/13/2018
The Virginia Cavaliers (12-6) fell in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday night at...
Jeff White: Hooper Sets Bar High On and Off Field
M. Lacrosse | 5/11/2018
Defenseman Scott Hooper is a four-year starter for Virginia, which meets No. 6 seed Loyola in the...
UVA Opens NCAA Play at No. 6 Seed Loyola on Saturday Night
M. Lacrosse | 5/10/2018
UVA Draws Road Game at Loyola in First Round of NCAA...
M. Lacrosse | 5/6/2018
Virginia has received an at-large bid to the 2018 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship and will...
Matt Moore Named ACC Freshman of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 5/2/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse midfielder Matt Moore has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference&...
No. 9 UVA Cruises Past In-State Foe VMI, 17-8
M. Lacrosse | 5/1/2018
The No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (12-5) cruised past the VMI Keydets (2-11) on Tuesday night, 17-8, ...
Jeff White: Weekend Ends on Disappointing Note
M. Lacrosse | 04/29/2018
Virginia plays once more before the NCAA field is announced next Sunday night. UVA (11-5) hosts...
No. 9 UVA Hosts In-State Foe VMI on Tuesday
M. Lacrosse | 05/01/2018
- Online Stores