Aitken leads honorees on the first team
Aitken and Kraus are two of 25 on the nominee list
Sophomore duo earns All-ACC accolades
Michael Kraus scored seven points in key ACC victory
D'Amario, Hooper and Scales earn second career accolades
"Winner of our 2017 Offensive MVP, a rarity for a first-year, Michael exploded onto the collegiate lacrosse scene. With his signature hard-charging style, he created offense for himself and his teammates by drawing attention from multiple defenders. Michael is a physical rider as well, intent on creating turnovers with both stick and body checks. Under Sean Kirwan’s tutelage, Michael will not settle with his future development: he is committed to improving upon his early impact."
• Inside Lacrosse All-American (3rd)
• Tewaaraton Trophy Nominee (1-of-25)
• Led UVA with 44 goals, 39 assists and 83 points
• Picked up 39 ground balls and caused three turnovers
• Only the third Cavalier to score 80 points in a season
• His 83 points rank No. 2 all-time at UVA for a single season, three from the record (Doug Knight)
• His 44 goals are tied with Kevin Pehlke (1991) and Chris Bocklet (2011) for No. 8 on the UVA single-season ledger
• Fell one assist short of becoming UVA's first player with 40+ goals and 40+ assists in the same season
• He tied Jay Connor and Tom Duquette for being the second fastest Cavalier to 100 career points, doing so in 25 career games (vs. Johns Hopkins on March 24, 2018)
• Started all 17 of UVA's games he appeared in, missing the VMI game with an injury
• Became the 16th Cavalier to score 10 points in a game when he tallied five goals and dished out five assists at Stony Brook
• Named ACC Offesnive Player of the Week for his efforts at Stony Brook (5-5-10) and Manhattan (1-2-3)
• Scored one point in all 17 games he appeared in
• Recorded 12 multi-goal games and eight with at least three goals
• Inside Lacrosse Preseason All-American (HM)
• Inside Lacrosse Midseason All-American (HM)
• USILA All-American (HM)
• ACC Freshman of the Year
• Was the only freshman on the All-ACC team and joined teammate Ryan Conrad as the only two underclassmen on the All-ACC team
• Only the seventh UVA freshmen to earn All-ACC honors
• Led UVA with 34 goals and 56 points
• The 56 points ties him with Kevin Pehlke for No. 2 all-time among UVA freshmen point scorers
• The 34 goals are also tied with Pehlke for No. 3 all-time among UVA freshmen goal scorers
• His 22 assists are in a four-way tie for No. 5 all-time among UVA freshmen assist leaders
• No. 3 in the ACC with 2.27 goals per game
• Scored at least one point in all 15 of UVA's games
• Scored multiple goals in 10 of UVA's 15 games
• Started 13 games
• Made collegiate debut at Loyola, scoring two goals and dishing out three assists
• Scored five goals and seven points against Notre Dame
• Tallied four goals in games against Syracuse and Johns Hopkins
• Scored three goals in games against Siena, Cornell, Cleveland State and Robert Morris
• Listed as the No. 16 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Listed as the No. 7 attackman in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Under Armour All-American
• Set a single-season goal record with 57 during post-grad year at Taft in 2016
• Helped Taft to the Founders League championship
• A 2015 graduate of New Canaan High School where he was a four-year letter winner
• Helped New Canaan to the 2013 FCIAC Championship and the 2015 CIAC State Championship
• Scored 64 goals and dished out 44 assists in 2015 at New Canaan
• His 108 points in 2015 is a school record at New Canaan
• 2015 All-American
• Son of Steve and Kelly Kraus
• Has two older brothers, Jack and Peter
• Father, Steve, was a two-time lacrosse All-American at UVA and still holds the career face-off win record at 68 percent (325-of-478)
• Uncle, Andy Kraus, was a three-time All-American at UVA and currently sits No. 2 all-time in program history with 327 ground balls
• Brother, Peter, played lacrosse at Michigan in 2016
• Enjoys surfing, skiing and video games
Thompson Starts Laying GroundworkWomen's Basketball6/20/18Summer practice started Wednesday morning for the Virginia women's basketball team, which has a new head coach, Tina Thompson.Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Scott Hooper Named a USILA Scholar All-American
M. Lacrosse | 6/11/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse senior defenseman Scott Hooper has been named a USILA Scholar All-A...
Cavaliers Place Three on the USILA All-America Team
M. Lacrosse | 5/24/2018
Virginia men's lacrosse players Dox Aitken, Scott Hooper and Michael Kraus were named to the 2018...
UVA Falls in the NCAA Tournament at No. 6 Seed Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 5/13/2018
The Virginia Cavaliers (12-6) fell in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday night at...
Jeff White: Hooper Sets Bar High On and Off Field
M. Lacrosse | 5/11/2018
Defenseman Scott Hooper is a four-year starter for Virginia, which meets No. 6 seed Loyola in the...
UVA Opens NCAA Play at No. 6 Seed Loyola on Saturday Night
M. Lacrosse | 5/10/2018
UVA Draws Road Game at Loyola in First Round of NCAA...
M. Lacrosse | 5/6/2018
Virginia has received an at-large bid to the 2018 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship and will...
Matt Moore Named ACC Freshman of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 05/02/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse midfielder Matt Moore has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference&...
No. 9 UVA Cruises Past In-State Foe VMI, 17-8
M. Lacrosse | 05/01/2018
The No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (12-5) cruised past the VMI Keydets (2-11) on Tuesday night, 17-8, ...
- Online Stores