TIFFANY ON RHOADS
“There is never a shortage of energy coming from this man. Michael attacks our workouts and he does not hesitate to stay a little later and put in a little extra. He is not our strongest or fastest defenseman, but Michael has an acute sense of the game and intelligent grasp of team defense. He will most likely be implemented into our system as a long-stick midfielder, allowing him to make plays in the middle of the field.”
• Appeared in 12 of UVA's 15 games with one start
• Saw some time on man-down defense and faceoff wing
• First career start was on Senior Day against Robert Morris
• Picked up one ground ball against Cleveland State
• Caused one turnover against Siena
• Appeared in three of UVA's 15 games
• Saw time at Drexel, against VMI and at Richmond
• Missed entire season with an injury
• Appeared in one of UVA's 16 games
• Made collegiate debut against VMI (March 24)
• Four-year letterwinner at the Landon School
• Comes to UVA from the same high school as former UVA All-Americans Ryan Curtis and Matt Ward
• Team captain at Landon and helped lead the Bears to the 2012 I.A.C. championship
• Also played football at Landon
• Member of the honor roll all four years at Landon
• Son of Barry and Jean Rhoads
• Has two older brothers, Alex and Nick
• Brother Alex played lacrosse at Army from 2005-09
• Brother Nick played lacrosse at Tufts from 2008-12
• Taught himself to play the guitar and plays 2-3 hours daily since 2011
• Is currently restoring a 1992 BMW convertible
• Has helped coach a U-15 boy's lacrosse team for Finish Hard Lacrosse
Hall Continues to Elevate His GameMen's Basketball12/16/17On an afternoon when fellow guards Nigel Johnson and Kyle Guy also shined for No. 16 Virginia, Devon Hall scored a career-high 20 points and added five rebounds and five assists.Diakite's Impact Growing for CavaliersMen's Basketball12/15/17Redshirt sophomore Mamadi Diakite has been a positive presence around the basket for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts Davidson on Saturday afternoon at JPJ.Welsh Connection Adds to Bowl StorylinesFootball12/14/17Virginia (6-6) meets Navy (6-6) in the Military Bowl, Dec. 28 in Annapolis, Md. George Welsh is a former head coach of each team.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Lacrosse Season Tickets Now on Sale
M. Lacrosse | 11/28/2017
Season tickets for the 2018 Virginia men's and women's lacrosse seasons are now on sale. Virginia...
Tiffany Announces Men’s Lacrosse Captains for 2018
M. Lacrosse | 10/3/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse head coach Lars Tiffany announced that midfielder Ryan Conrad and...
Tiffany Welcomes the 2017 Recruiting Class
M. Lacrosse | 7/17/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse head coach Lars Tiffany welcomes the Virginia men’s lacrosse ...
Five Cavaliers Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
M. Lacrosse | 6/27/2017
Five members of the UVA men’s lacrosse team were named to the 2017 All-ACC Academic MenR...
Tanner Scales Named a USILA Scholar All-American
M. Lacrosse | 6/8/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse senior defenseman Tanner Scales has been named a USILA Scholar All-...
Three Cavaliers Selected in the 2017 MLL Draft
M. Lacrosse | 5/28/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse had three seniors selected in the 2017 Major League Lacrosse...
Cavaliers Place Four on the USILA All-America Team
M. Lacrosse | 05/24/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse players Dox Aitken, Ryan Conrad, Michael Kraus and Zed Williams...
Doug Knight to be Inducted into the US Lacrosse Hall of Fame
M. Lacrosse | 05/23/2017
Former Virginia men’s lacrosse attackman Doug Knight is a member of the 2017 US Lacrosse...
- Online Stores