TIFFANY ON RHOADS
“There is never a shortage of energy coming from this man. Michael attacks our workouts and he does not hesitate to stay a little later and put in a little extra. He is not our strongest or fastest defenseman, but Michael has an acute sense of the game and intelligent grasp of team defense. He will most likely be implemented into our system as a long-stick midfielder, allowing him to make plays in the middle of the field.”
• Appeared in 12 of UVA's 15 games with one start
• Saw some time on man-down defense and faceoff wing
• First career start was on Senior Day against Robert Morris
• Picked up one ground ball against Cleveland State
• Caused one turnover against Siena
• Appeared in three of UVA's 15 games
• Saw time at Drexel, against VMI and at Richmond
• Missed entire season with an injury
• Appeared in one of UVA's 16 games
• Made collegiate debut against VMI (March 24)
• Four-year letterwinner at the Landon School
• Comes to UVA from the same high school as former UVA All-Americans Ryan Curtis and Matt Ward
• Team captain at Landon and helped lead the Bears to the 2012 I.A.C. championship
• Also played football at Landon
• Member of the honor roll all four years at Landon
• Son of Barry and Jean Rhoads
• Has two older brothers, Alex and Nick
• Brother Alex played lacrosse at Army from 2005-09
• Brother Nick played lacrosse at Tufts from 2008-12
• Taught himself to play the guitar and plays 2-3 hours daily since 2011
• Is currently restoring a 1992 BMW convertible
• Has helped coach a U-15 boy's lacrosse team for Finish Hard Lacrosse
UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.Shared Vision Unites Mendenhall and WilliamsGeneral Release5/17/18Virginia's new athletics director, Carla Williams, has formed a strong working relationship with head football coach Bronco Mendenhall.Lillie Helps Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceWomen's Golf5/16/18Beth Lillie, one of four freshmen named to the All-ACC team, is second in scoring average for UVA, which plays in the NCAA championships this week.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Falls in the NCAA Tournament at No. 6 Seed Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 5/13/2018
The Virginia Cavaliers (12-6) fell in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday night at...
Jeff White: Hooper Sets Bar High On and Off Field
M. Lacrosse | 5/11/2018
Defenseman Scott Hooper is a four-year starter for Virginia, which meets No. 6 seed Loyola in the...
UVA Opens NCAA Play at No. 6 Seed Loyola on Saturday Night
M. Lacrosse | 5/10/2018
UVA Draws Road Game at Loyola in First Round of NCAA...
M. Lacrosse | 5/6/2018
Virginia has received an at-large bid to the 2018 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship and will...
Matt Moore Named ACC Freshman of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 5/2/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse midfielder Matt Moore has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference&...
No. 9 UVA Cruises Past In-State Foe VMI, 17-8
M. Lacrosse | 5/1/2018
The No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (12-5) cruised past the VMI Keydets (2-11) on Tuesday night, 17-8, ...
Jeff White: Weekend Ends on Disappointing Note
M. Lacrosse | 04/29/2018
Virginia plays once more before the NCAA field is announced next Sunday night. UVA (11-5) hosts...
No. 9 UVA Hosts In-State Foe VMI on Tuesday
M. Lacrosse | 05/01/2018
- Online Stores