D'Amario, Hooper and Scales earn second career accolades
Junior tallied seven goals in UVA’s 18-14 win over Drexel
D’Amario, Hooper, Murphy and Scales all earn first career accolades
Cavaliers and Big Red are meeting for the eighth year in a row
TIFFANY ON D’AMARIO
“How does a fourth-year player contribute to the program he loves? Mike has taken on vital roles for us, serving as both our offensive quarterback and as a soothing, supportive voice to fellow teammates. Mike’s passion for UVA Lacrosse is second only to his sincere concern for the people that comprise it. Known more as an acutely accurate shooter, Mike has developed his game to become a serious threat dodging to the goal. He combines crafty stick protection with a willingness to take a hard check.”
• Appeared in 17 of UVA's games with 14 starts at attack
• No. 4 on the team with 32 goals
• Fourth on the team with 35 points
• Scored three goals and dished out one assist against Syracuse
• Scored four goals at North Carolina
• Tallied three goals against Vermont
• Scored three goals against Notre Dame in the ACC Championship game
• His fourth goal against VMI in the regular season finale gave him his 100th career point
• Appeared in all 15 of UVA's games with five starts at attack
• Second on the team with 32 goals
• Third on the team with 43 points
• Named ACC Offensive Player of the Week and EPOCH/US Lacrosse National Player of the Week for his seven goal performance against Drexel
• The seven goals against Drexel tie him with eight other Cavaliers for fourth-most in a game in program history
• Scored five goals and dished out three assists against Cornell in the Pacific Coast Shootout in Costa Mesa, Calif.
• Scored four goals against High Point and three against Cleveland State
• Appeared in all 15 of UVA's games with 14 starts
• Scored 16 goals and finished with 20 points
• Scored OT game-winning goal against No. 8 Johns Hopkins
• Has tallied two goals in a game five times (Drexel, High Point, Penn, Saint Jospeh’s, Johns Hopkins)
• Appeared in six of UVA's 15 games
• Made collegiate debut at No. 7 Loyola
• Also saw time against No. 9 Cornell, No. 4 Notre Dame, at No. 19 Johns Hopkins, at VMI and against Richmond
• Scored first collegiate goal at VMI and finished with three scores against the Keydets
• Saw most of his time on extra-man situations
• Listed as the No. 48 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Listed as the No. 14 incoming attackman in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Two-time US Lacrosse All-American (2013 and 2014)
• Tallied 82 goals and 38 assists as a senior in 2014
• 2014 Times Union Athlete of the Year
• 2014 Lacrosse Magazine North East Player of the Year
• Scored 72 goals and 44 assists as a junior in 2013
• 2013 Under Armour Underclassman All-American
• Helped Niskayuna to a NY state semifinalist finish in 2012, 2013 and 2014
• Helped Niskayuna to the NY section championship in 2012, 2013 and 2014
• Son of Michael and Valerie D'Amario
• Has three older brothers, Nick, Steve and Alex
• Brother Alex played on the Union College lacrosse team
• Brother Steve played lacrosse at UMass from 2009-12
• Enjoys playing video games and spending time with dog Ralph
Thompson Starts Laying GroundworkWomen's Basketball6/20/18Summer practice started Wednesday morning for the Virginia women's basketball team, which has a new head coach, Tina Thompson.Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Scott Hooper Named a USILA Scholar All-American
M. Lacrosse | 6/11/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse senior defenseman Scott Hooper has been named a USILA Scholar All-A...
Cavaliers Place Three on the USILA All-America Team
M. Lacrosse | 5/24/2018
Virginia men's lacrosse players Dox Aitken, Scott Hooper and Michael Kraus were named to the 2018...
UVA Falls in the NCAA Tournament at No. 6 Seed Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 5/13/2018
The Virginia Cavaliers (12-6) fell in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday night at...
Jeff White: Hooper Sets Bar High On and Off Field
M. Lacrosse | 5/11/2018
Defenseman Scott Hooper is a four-year starter for Virginia, which meets No. 6 seed Loyola in the...
UVA Opens NCAA Play at No. 6 Seed Loyola on Saturday Night
M. Lacrosse | 5/10/2018
UVA Draws Road Game at Loyola in First Round of NCAA...
M. Lacrosse | 5/6/2018
Virginia has received an at-large bid to the 2018 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship and will...
Matt Moore Named ACC Freshman of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 05/02/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse midfielder Matt Moore has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference&...
No. 9 UVA Cruises Past In-State Foe VMI, 17-8
M. Lacrosse | 05/01/2018
The No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (12-5) cruised past the VMI Keydets (2-11) on Tuesday night, 17-8, ...
- Online Stores