"A skilled shooter, Mitch is taking the next steps in his development as a well-rounded, versatile attackman. Strength gains in the weight room have been realized and subsequently Mitch is dodging with more physicality. His willingness to take the extra step around the crease and absorb the hard check can create more offensive opportunities for us and will be the key to Mitch securing additional playing time."
• Appeared in six of UVA's 18 games with three starts
• Finished season with three goals, four assists and four ground balls
• Made first collegiate start against Dartmouth and scored one goal and dished out two assists
• Scored one goal against Richmond
• Scored one goal and tallied two assists against VMI
• Appeared in eight of UVA's 15 games
• Made collegiate debut against Siena and dished out first career assist
• Finished season with two goals and one assist
• Scored first career goal against Cleveland State
• Also scored against Robert Morris
• Listed as the No. 61 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Listed as the No. 18 attackman in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Four-year letterwinner and three-year starter at St. Paul's
• Two-time Under Armour Underclass All-American
• Scored 52 goals and 85 points as a senior
• Collected 11 hat-tricks as a senior
• Finalist for the C. Markland Kelly Award, given to the best player in Maryland
• Finished career with 161 points (90 goals and 71 assists)
• Is No. 6 all-time at St. Paul's for a single season with 85 points in 2016
• Baltimore Sun first-team All-Metro
• Honor roll student
• Member of the spirit club
• Son of Brian and Jane Gordon
• Has one sister, Cat
• Sister, Cat, played lacrosse at Louisville from 2011-15
• Enjoys surfing and fly fishing
Thompson Starts Laying GroundworkWomen's Basketball6/20/18Summer practice started Wednesday morning for the Virginia women's basketball team, which has a new head coach, Tina Thompson.Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Scott Hooper Named a USILA Scholar All-American
M. Lacrosse | 6/11/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse senior defenseman Scott Hooper has been named a USILA Scholar All-A...
Cavaliers Place Three on the USILA All-America Team
M. Lacrosse | 5/24/2018
Virginia men's lacrosse players Dox Aitken, Scott Hooper and Michael Kraus were named to the 2018...
UVA Falls in the NCAA Tournament at No. 6 Seed Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 5/13/2018
The Virginia Cavaliers (12-6) fell in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday night at...
Jeff White: Hooper Sets Bar High On and Off Field
M. Lacrosse | 5/11/2018
Defenseman Scott Hooper is a four-year starter for Virginia, which meets No. 6 seed Loyola in the...
UVA Opens NCAA Play at No. 6 Seed Loyola on Saturday Night
M. Lacrosse | 5/10/2018
UVA Draws Road Game at Loyola in First Round of NCAA...
M. Lacrosse | 5/6/2018
Virginia has received an at-large bid to the 2018 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship and will...
Matt Moore Named ACC Freshman of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 05/02/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse midfielder Matt Moore has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference&...
No. 9 UVA Cruises Past In-State Foe VMI, 17-8
M. Lacrosse | 05/01/2018
The No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (12-5) cruised past the VMI Keydets (2-11) on Tuesday night, 17-8, ...
- Online Stores