Cockerton, Tucker and Van Arsdale pour in the points in eventual Cavalier rout
Cockerton, Emery and Scales lead the Cavalier honorees with second team nods
Men's Lacrosse vs. Rutgers (by Matt Riley)
• Sat out the season with a lower extremity injury
• Will apply for a medical hardship
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Appeared in 11 of UVa's 16 games
• Made UVa debut against Rutgers (Feb. 22)
• Against Rutgers won a faceoff and streaked down the field scoring his first UVa goal
• Won .420 (26-of-69) of his faceoffs
• Picked up 15 ground balls and caused six turnovers
• Had a season-high four ground balls vs. Rutgers (Feb. 22)
• Won 9-of-15 faceoffs vs. the Rutgers
• Spent the 2013 season at DIII Hamilton College and helped the Continentals to a 9-6 record
• Appeared in all 15 games
• Took 201 faceoffs, winning at a .468 clip (94-of-201)
• Scored five goals and dished out two assists
• Picked up a team-best 75 ground balls and caused 12 turnovers
• A three-year letterwinner at Newton North High School
• Two-time All-American nominee
• Was a running back, kicker and defensive end for the football team
• Was a three-year varsity starter for football
• Also was a sprinter and shot putter for the indoor track team
• Posted a 4x200 record (131.37 - split of 22.4)
• On honor roll all four years in high school
• Member of the National Honor Society
• Son of Eric Menninger and Karen Hacker
• Has one older brother, Elias
• Volunteered at the Animal Rescue League of Boston
• Helped coach Newton Youth Lacrosse Camp
• Enjoys writing stories and poems
• Plays the saxophone
Shared Vision Unites Mendenhall and WilliamsGeneral Release5/17/18Virginia's new athletics director, Carla Williams, has formed a strong working relationship with head football coach Bronco Mendenhall.Lillie Helps Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceWomen's Golf5/16/18Beth Lillie, one of four freshmen named to the All-ACC team, is second in scoring average for UVA, which plays in the NCAA championships this week.McCarthy's Return Sparks CavaliersBaseball5/15/18After missing 34 games with a wrist injury, junior Jake McCarthy returned to the lineup and helped UVA secure a critical ACC series win over Georgia Tech.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Falls in the NCAA Tournament at No. 6 Seed Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 5/13/2018
The Virginia Cavaliers (12-6) fell in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday night at...
Jeff White: Hooper Sets Bar High On and Off Field
M. Lacrosse | 5/11/2018
Defenseman Scott Hooper is a four-year starter for Virginia, which meets No. 6 seed Loyola in the...
UVA Opens NCAA Play at No. 6 Seed Loyola on Saturday Night
M. Lacrosse | 5/10/2018
UVA Draws Road Game at Loyola in First Round of NCAA...
M. Lacrosse | 5/6/2018
Virginia has received an at-large bid to the 2018 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship and will...
Matt Moore Named ACC Freshman of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 5/2/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse midfielder Matt Moore has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference&...
No. 9 UVA Cruises Past In-State Foe VMI, 17-8
M. Lacrosse | 5/1/2018
The No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (12-5) cruised past the VMI Keydets (2-11) on Tuesday night, 17-8, ...
Jeff White: Weekend Ends on Disappointing Note
M. Lacrosse | 04/29/2018
Virginia plays once more before the NCAA field is announced next Sunday night. UVA (11-5) hosts...
No. 9 UVA Hosts In-State Foe VMI on Tuesday
M. Lacrosse | 05/01/2018
- Online Stores