Cockerton, Tucker and Van Arsdale pour in the points in eventual Cavalier rout
Cockerton, Emery and Scales lead the Cavalier honorees with second team nods
Men's Lacrosse vs. Rutgers (by Matt Riley)
• Sat out the season with a lower extremity injury
• Will apply for a medical hardship
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Appeared in 11 of UVa's 16 games
• Made UVa debut against Rutgers (Feb. 22)
• Against Rutgers won a faceoff and streaked down the field scoring his first UVa goal
• Won .420 (26-of-69) of his faceoffs
• Picked up 15 ground balls and caused six turnovers
• Had a season-high four ground balls vs. Rutgers (Feb. 22)
• Won 9-of-15 faceoffs vs. the Rutgers
• Spent the 2013 season at DIII Hamilton College and helped the Continentals to a 9-6 record
• Appeared in all 15 games
• Took 201 faceoffs, winning at a .468 clip (94-of-201)
• Scored five goals and dished out two assists
• Picked up a team-best 75 ground balls and caused 12 turnovers
• A three-year letterwinner at Newton North High School
• Two-time All-American nominee
• Was a running back, kicker and defensive end for the football team
• Was a three-year varsity starter for football
• Also was a sprinter and shot putter for the indoor track team
• Posted a 4x200 record (131.37 - split of 22.4)
• On honor roll all four years in high school
• Member of the National Honor Society
• Son of Eric Menninger and Karen Hacker
• Has one older brother, Elias
• Volunteered at the Animal Rescue League of Boston
• Helped coach Newton Youth Lacrosse Camp
• Enjoys writing stories and poems
• Plays the saxophone
End Comes Too Soon for No. 1 CavaliersMen's Basketball3/17/18In the NCAA tournament's first round, No. 1 seed Virginia lost 74-54 to No. 16 seed UMBC in a South Region game in Charlotte, N.C.No. 1 'Hoos Ready to Roll in CharlotteMen's Basketball3/15/18At approximately 9:20 p.m. Friday, in a South Region game, No. 1 seed UVA (31-2) meets No. 16 seed UMBC (24-10) in the NCAA tournament's first round.'Hoos Ecstatic To Be Dancing AgainWomen's Basketball3/13/18In its first NCAA appearance since 2010, Virginia (18-13) will meet California (21-10) in the first round Friday at 5 p.m. in Columbia, S.C.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 7 UVA Falls Late at No. 4 Notre Dame, 9-7
M. Lacrosse | 3/17/2018
The No. 7 Virginia Cavaliers (6-2, 0-2 ACC) dropped a heartbreaker against the No. 4 Notre Dame...
No. 7 UVA Returns to ACC Play on Saturday at No. 4 Notre Dame
M. Lacrosse | 3/15/2018
No. 9 UVA is Triumphant at Stony Brook, 15-14
M. Lacrosse | 3/10/2018
No. 9 Virginia (6-1) sweeps its New York road trip, as the Cavaliers outlast the Stony Brook...
No. 9 UVA Concludes New York Swing on Saturday at Stony Brook
M. Lacrosse | 3/8/2018
No. 9 UVA outlasts Manhattan on Tuesday Night, 8-5
M. Lacrosse | 3/6/2018
The No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (5-1) bounced back on one day's rest and beat the Manhattan Jaspers ...
No. 9 UVA Visits Manhattan in Tuesday for a Non-Conference Tilt
M. Lacrosse | 3/5/2018
Jeff White: ACC Breakthrough Eludes No. 5 Cavaliers
M. Lacrosse | 03/04/2018
Seeking its first ACC win since 2014, No. 5 Virginia rallied in the fourth quarter Sunday at Kl&o...
No. 5 UVA Falls to No. 12 Syracuse in ACC Opener, 12-11
M. Lacrosse | 03/04/2018
No. 5 Virginia (4-1, 0-1 ACC) dropped its ACC opener to the No. 12 Syracuse Orange (3-1, 1-0 ACC)...
- Online Stores