Coholan, Pannell and Scales selected by peers as captains
UVa duo helped lead the Cavaliers to a home win over No. 8 Cornell
Pannell, Tucker and Williams grace this year's watch list
Inside Lacrosse's Face-Off Yearbook ranks UVa No. 10 in the preseason
Cockerton, Emery, LaPierre, Pannell, Scales also honored
• Started UVa's first six games before missing the final nine with a lower extremity injury
• Preseason third-team All-American by Face-Off Yearbook
• Scored two goals and dished out two assists against No. 16 Drexel (Feb. 14)
• Scored two goals at Rutgers (Feb. 21)
• Scored six goals and had one assist and was named ACC Offensive Player of the Week after UVa’s win over No. 8 Cornell (March 7)
• USILA All-American honorable mention
• Appeared in all 16 of UVa's games with 15 starts
• Scored goals in 14 of UVa's 16 games
• Tallied four goals and five points in UVa's overtime win versus No. 12 Loyola (Feb. 6)
• Scored UVa's first goal of the season off a pass from Mick Parks
• Scored at 2:16 in overtime to lift UVa over No. 12 Loyola, 14-13, in the season opener for both teams
• Led UVa with four goals and an assist at Richmond (Feb. 8)
• Named ACC Offensive Player of the Week on Feb. 11
• Tallied two goals at Drexel (Feb. 16)
• Notched the hat-trick against Rutgers (Feb. 22) with three goals and also had one assist
• Scored two goals and an assist at Mount St. Mary's (Feb. 25)
• Scored a career-high seven goals against Syracuse (March 1)
• Scored twice at No. 15 Cornell (March 8)
• Notched two goals against Johns Hopkins (March 22)
• Had a hat trick against VMI (March 24) in the first quarter
• Scored three times against No. 2 Duke (April 11)
• Notched three goals and an assist vs. No. 6 North Carolina (April 26) in Chester, Pa., in the ACC Showcase game (PPL Park)
• Appeared in all 15 of UVa's games, but was hampered with a lower extremity injury early
• Made six starts at attack, including his first collegiate nod against Vermont (March 5)
• Also saw some time on the second midfield
• Dished out three assists for his first collegiate points against VMI (Feb. 19)
• Scored first two career goals at Stony Brook (Feb. 23)
• Also scored goals against Mount St. Mary's (Feb. 26), Vermont (March 5), Cornell (March 9), Maryland (March 30) and versus Bellarmine (April 20)
• Also dished out assists against North Carolina (April 6) and against Bellarmine (April 20)
• Picked up 16 ground balls
• Listed as the No. 5 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Listed as the No. 3 incoming attackman in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Under Armour All-American
• Inside Lacrosse ranked him as the No. 3 rising senior
• Tallied 43 goals, 31 assists and 49 ground balls to lead Smithtown West to a 14-4 mark in 2012
• Scored 50 goals and dished out 25 assists in 2011 as a junior
• Three-time All-Long Island selection and helped Smithtown win four league titles
• Scored 41 goals and dished out 36 assists as a sophomore and 40 goals and 25 assists as a freshman
• Finished high school career with 196 goals and 135 assists for 331 points
• His 331 career points are a school record, previously held by his brother Rob
• Three-year letterwinner in football and two-year letterwinner in basketball
• Was a captain as a senior in all three sports (football, basketball lacrosse)
• Broke Smithtown's single game rushing record (392 yards)
• Dellecave finalist for the Suffolk County Athlete of the Year
• White Letter Award winner in basketball for leadership
• Booster Club Male Athlete of the Year scholarship award winner
• Music-athlete scholarship
• Son of Robert and Susan Pannell
• Younger brother of Cornell All-American Rob Pannell
• Has one sister, Genevieve
• Enjoys singing and was in the concert and jazz choirs in high school
Pannell's Career Statistics
End Comes Too Soon for 'HoosWomen's Soccer11/28/15In women's soccer, Virginia finished with a 19-1-13 after falling in the NCAA quarterfinals to Rutgers in a penalty-kick shootout Friday at Klöckner Stadium.Stage Set for Season FinaleFootball11/27/15At noon Saturday, in the rivals' annual clash for the Commonwealth Cup, Virginia (4-7, 3-4) meets Virginia Tech (5-6, 3-4) at Scott Stadium.'Hoos Have Plenty in Reserve at JPJMen's Basketball11/26/15No. 12 Virginia received 30 points from its reserves in an 80-54 win over Lehigh on Wednesday night at John Paul Jones Arena.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Fall Ball Yields Positives for Cavaliers
M. Lacrosse | 10/22/2015
Virginia, which concluded fall practice with an intrasquad scrimmage last week, returns most of...
Starsia Announces Men's Lacrosse Captains for 2016
M. Lacrosse | 10/2/2015
Virginia men's lacrosse head coach Dom Starsia announced that midfielder Greg Coholan, attackman ...
Starsia Announces 2015 Team Awards
M. Lacrosse | 9/18/2015
In a fall tradition, Virginia men's lacrosse head coach Dom Starsia announced team award winners ...
Three Cavaliers Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
M. Lacrosse | 6/22/2015
Three members of UVa's men's lacrosse team were named to the 2015 All-ACC Academic Men's Lacrosse...
Barrett Headlines UVa's Four USILA All-America Honorees
M. Lacrosse | 5/21/2015
Earning second-team honors, Virginia's sophomore goalie Matt Barrett headlines four UVa men's...
Sacco, Tucker & Van Arsdale are Named USILA Scholar All-Amer...
M. Lacrosse | 5/18/2015
Virginia men's lacrosse senior defenseman Davi Sacco, senior midfielder Ryan Tucker and senior...
Starsia Announces 2015 Recruiting Class
M. Lacrosse | 05/11/2015
Virginia men's lacrosse head coach Dom Starsia announced the signing of 12 student-athletes for...
Jeff White: Curtain Falls on Lacrosse Season at Virginia
M. Lacrosse | 05/11/2015
For UVa's lacrosse teams, the end came Sunday at Klöckner Stadium. Each lost in the NCAA...
- Online Stores