"The typical growing pains experienced during the transition from high school lacrosse to the collegiate level were witnessed earlier this fall for Regan, but changes for the better are starting to be observed. Regan can fire the ball with startling speed, and he is doing so with both hands. There is a path to playing time for Regan, and he can realize this route with continued growth in both his dodging and assuredness in himself."
• Appeared in 17 of UVA's 18 games with eight starts
• Started running on UVA's first midfield in the Manhattan game
• Finished the season with eight goals and five assists
• Picked up six ground balls
• Scored one goal and dished out one assist in his collegiate debut at Drexel
• Scored a season-best two goals against Dartmouth
• Dished out a season-best two assists against Princeton
• Listed as the No. 95 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Listed as the No. 30 attackman in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Team captain
• US lacrosse All-American (only New York catholic league All-American)
• News Day Top 25 player
• Recruiting Rundown No. 58 senior
• MSG Varsity Long Island Team
• Catholic League Attackmen of the Year
• MVP at National High School Lacrosse Showcase
• All-league team selection
• 33 goals and 20 assists in 2017
• All-Tristate team
• Also played basketball and was named All-Long Island
• All-league and team captain (Basketball)
• MVP of Tom Crotty Classic (Basketball)
• Runner-up in state championship (Basketball)
• Averaged 9.2 points, 4.0 assists and 5.0 rebounds per game (Basketball)
• Son of Kyle and Patricia Quinn
• National Honor Society
• Member of P.R.E.P (select club at Chaminade where you go to local parishes to teach middle school students religion)
• Head teacher coordinator of prep
• Officer of the Culinary Club.
Thompson Starts Laying GroundworkWomen's Basketball6/20/18Summer practice started Wednesday morning for the Virginia women's basketball team, which has a new head coach, Tina Thompson.Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Scott Hooper Named a USILA Scholar All-American
M. Lacrosse | 6/11/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse senior defenseman Scott Hooper has been named a USILA Scholar All-A...
Cavaliers Place Three on the USILA All-America Team
M. Lacrosse | 5/24/2018
Virginia men's lacrosse players Dox Aitken, Scott Hooper and Michael Kraus were named to the 2018...
UVA Falls in the NCAA Tournament at No. 6 Seed Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 5/13/2018
The Virginia Cavaliers (12-6) fell in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday night at...
Jeff White: Hooper Sets Bar High On and Off Field
M. Lacrosse | 5/11/2018
Defenseman Scott Hooper is a four-year starter for Virginia, which meets No. 6 seed Loyola in the...
UVA Opens NCAA Play at No. 6 Seed Loyola on Saturday Night
M. Lacrosse | 5/10/2018
UVA Draws Road Game at Loyola in First Round of NCAA...
M. Lacrosse | 5/6/2018
Virginia has received an at-large bid to the 2018 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship and will...
Matt Moore Named ACC Freshman of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 05/02/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse midfielder Matt Moore has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference&...
No. 9 UVA Cruises Past In-State Foe VMI, 17-8
M. Lacrosse | 05/01/2018
The No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (12-5) cruised past the VMI Keydets (2-11) on Tuesday night, 17-8, ...
- Online Stores