Conrad and Hooper selected by peers as captains
D'Amario, Hooper and Scales earn second career accolades
Conrad leads honorees on the third team
Conrad, Kraus and Williams all earn first-career All-ACC accolades
Cavaliers and Big Red are meeting for the eighth year in a row
TIFFANY ON CONRAD
“This man is a throwback lacrosse competitor, a do-it-all midfielder in the mold of players from a different era. Ryan has quickly and eagerly embraced the role of playing both ways, allowing him to be on the field more and to generate offense in multiple ways. He is even serving on the man-down unit, fortifying this specialty unit with a knack for intercepting passes and clearing the ball in a one-man-show style.”
• USILA All-American (3rd)
• Inside Lacrosse All-American (3rd)
• Led UVA with 63 ground balls, the most in the nation by a non-defensive player or faceoff sepcialist
• Scored 17 goals and dished out 11 assists
• Scored the game-winning goal with 2:17 left at Loyola on a behind the back pass from Zed Williams
• Tallied the hat-trick against Loyola in the second half
• Was unstoppable against Cornell in the Pacific Coast Classic, scoring three goals, dishing out one assist and picking up a career-high 11 ground balls in the overtime win
• Also scored three goals against North Carolina
• Appeared in 14 of UVA's 15 games with two starts
• Member of the 2016 U19 Team USA gold-medal winning team
• Made collegiate debut against Loyola and scored a goal
• Made first collegiate start at Drexel and scored a goal
• Scored a goal and dished an assist against High Point
• Scored two goals and dished an assist against Penn
• Scored once against Syracuse and Saint Joseph’s
• Listed as the No. 1 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Listed as the No. 1 midfielder in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Under Armour All-American
• MVP of the 2015 Under Armour All-America Lacrosse Game with three goals, three assists, five ground balls and won six faceoffs
• A 2015 graduate of Loyola Blakefield
• Four-year starter at Loyola Blakefield
• Scored 33 goals, 22 assists and picked 68 ground balls as a senior
• Recorded 104 career goals and 87 career assists
• Picked up 207 career ground balls
• Inside Lacrosse's No. 1 ranked recruit of 2015 for four years (2012-15)
• Two-time US Lacrosse All-American (2014-15)
• Three-time first-team all-state selection (2013-15)
• Three-time first-team all-conference selection (2013-15)
• Two-time Baltimore Sun All-Metro first-team selection (2014-15)
• Baltimore Sun's 2015 Male High School Athlete of the Year
• Two-time Towson Times first-team selection (2014-15)
• Towson Times' 2014 and 2015 Males High School Athlete of the Year
• Two-time Under Armour Underclass All-American Tournament champions (2013-14)
• Scored two goals in the 2013 MIAA championship game to help Loyola Blakefield defeat the nation's No. 1 team, Boys Latin, who was previously undefeated
• Also played soccer and basketball at Loyola Blakefield
• Scored 32 career goals in soccer and was a four-year varsity starter at forward
• Helped Loyola-Blakefield win two MIAA soccer championships (2012 & 2014)
• Helped Loyola-Blakefield win the MIAA soccer championship in 2014 after scoring the game's only two goals in a 2-0 upset win over McDonogh, which was previously undefeated and No. 1 in the nation
• Varsity Sports Network's 2014 Maryland Soccer Player of the Year
• Starting point guard as a junior and senior on the basketball team
• Loyola Blakefield's 2015 recipient of the C. Markland Kelly Award for leadership, scholarship and sportsmanship
• Loyola Blakefield's 2015 receipient of the Advanced Placement Scholar with Honor Award
• Attended the same high school alma mater as former UVA All-American and Tewaaraton Trophy winner Steele Stanwick
• Son of Bob and Margaret Conrad
• Has two older sisters, Lindsay and Bridget
• Father, Bob, played lacrosse at Delaware (1980-84)
UVA's Campbell Winners Share Special BondFootball12/6/17UVA is the only ACC school with multiple winners of the prestigious Campbell Trophy: Tom Burns in 1993 and Micah Kiser this year.'Hoos Draw Valuable Lessons from LossMen's Basketball12/6/17No. 15 Virginia heads into its exam break with an 8-1 record after losing 68-61 Tuesday night at No. 18 West Virginia.'Hoos Eager to End on Winning NoteFootball12/4/17In its first postseason appearance since 2011, Virginia will play Navy in the Military Bowl, Dec. 28 in Annapolis, Maryland.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Lacrosse Season Tickets Now on Sale
M. Lacrosse | 11/28/2017
Season tickets for the 2018 Virginia men's and women's lacrosse seasons are now on sale. Virginia...
Tiffany Announces Men’s Lacrosse Captains for 2018
M. Lacrosse | 10/3/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse head coach Lars Tiffany announced that midfielder Ryan Conrad and...
Tiffany Welcomes the 2017 Recruiting Class
M. Lacrosse | 7/17/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse head coach Lars Tiffany welcomes the Virginia men’s lacrosse ...
Five Cavaliers Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
M. Lacrosse | 6/27/2017
Five members of the UVA men’s lacrosse team were named to the 2017 All-ACC Academic MenR...
Tanner Scales Named a USILA Scholar All-American
M. Lacrosse | 6/8/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse senior defenseman Tanner Scales has been named a USILA Scholar All-...
Three Cavaliers Selected in the 2017 MLL Draft
M. Lacrosse | 5/28/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse had three seniors selected in the 2017 Major League Lacrosse...
Cavaliers Place Four on the USILA All-America Team
M. Lacrosse | 05/24/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse players Dox Aitken, Ryan Conrad, Michael Kraus and Zed Williams...
Doug Knight to be Inducted into the US Lacrosse Hall of Fame
M. Lacrosse | 05/23/2017
Former Virginia men’s lacrosse attackman Doug Knight is a member of the 2017 US Lacrosse...
- Online Stores