Cavaliers and Big Red are meeting for the eighth year in a row
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
TIFFANY ON LUKACOVIC
“This country needs more Ryan Lukacovics. This program is certainly glad we have this one! Ryan epitomizes the ideals that are central to any team-orientated organization. This tri-captain is selfless with his focus, ensuring his teammates are prepared and in a good emotional mindset. Ryan’s willingness to play any position asked of him by Sean Kirwan serves as a guiding light for the rest of the team. Ryan competes unabashedly while maintaining a coolness and poise.”
• One of UVA's three captains
• Moved to midfield
• Appeared in all 15 games with 14 starts
• Scored 17 points and dished out 18 assists
• Picked up 11 ground balls
• Scored three goals and dished out two assists against Drexel
• Scored two points and dished out two assists against Cornell
• Scored four goals and seven points in ACC game at Duke
• Appeared in 14 of UVA's 15 games with 13 starts
• Finished second on the team with 36 points
• Led UVA with 16 assists and scored 20 goals
• Scored three goals and dished out one assist against Penn
• Scored once and dished out four assists against Syracuse
• Tallied three goals and one assist at Cornell
• Started all 15 of UVA's games at attack
• Scored at least one point in all 15 games
• Led UVA with 27 assists
• Was No. 2 on the team with 49 points
• Scored 22 goals
• Scored two goals and dished out two assists at No. 7 Loyola (Feb. 7)
• Scored two goals and dished out two assists against No. 16 Drexel (Feb. 14)
• Scored two goals at Rutgers (Feb. 21)
• Scored four goals and dished out five assists in a win over Saint Joseph's (March 10)
• Dished out four assists against Richmond (March 28)
• Scored three goals and dished one assist against Penn (April 25)
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Appeared in 15 of UVA's 16 games
• Made collegiate debut against No. 12 Loyola (Feb. 6)
• Made first career start at No. 5 North Carolina (April 5)
• Scored first collegiate goal at Richmond (Feb. 8)
• Had a goal and assist at Mount St. Mary's (Feb. 25)
• Scored two goals against No. 9 Johns Hopkins (March 22) in the fourth quarter that tied the game 10-10
• Had a career day against VMI (March 24) with four goals and five assists
• The nine points against the Keydets was the most in a game for UVA in 2014
• Scored one goal and one assist against No. 2 Duke (April 11) and Bellarmine (April 19)
• Listed as the No. 12 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Listed as the No. 5 incoming attackman in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Under Armour All-American
• Tallied 36 goals, 33 assists for 69 points in 2013
• Picked up 20 ground balls and helped lead Chaminade to a 14-2 mark
• Member of Newsday's 2012 and 2013 All-Long Island first team
• In 2012 was a Under Armour All-Star and helped Chaminade to a 16-1 record behind his 34 goals and 35 assists
• Became the first sophomore to make Chaminade's varsity team as a sophomore in 20 years while leading the team in assists and was second in points
• Was a starting cornerback on the Chaminade football team
• Son of Tom and Suzanne Lukacovic
Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.Hall Working to Raise NBA StockMen's Basketball6/12/18By the time the NBA draft arrives on June 21, former UVA guard Devon Hall will have worked out for nearly two-thirds of the league's 30 teams.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Scott Hooper Named a USILA Scholar All-American
M. Lacrosse | 6/11/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse senior defenseman Scott Hooper has been named a USILA Scholar All-A...
Cavaliers Place Three on the USILA All-America Team
M. Lacrosse | 5/24/2018
Virginia men's lacrosse players Dox Aitken, Scott Hooper and Michael Kraus were named to the 2018...
UVA Falls in the NCAA Tournament at No. 6 Seed Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 5/13/2018
The Virginia Cavaliers (12-6) fell in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday night at...
Jeff White: Hooper Sets Bar High On and Off Field
M. Lacrosse | 5/11/2018
Defenseman Scott Hooper is a four-year starter for Virginia, which meets No. 6 seed Loyola in the...
UVA Opens NCAA Play at No. 6 Seed Loyola on Saturday Night
M. Lacrosse | 5/10/2018
UVA Draws Road Game at Loyola in First Round of NCAA...
M. Lacrosse | 5/6/2018
Virginia has received an at-large bid to the 2018 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship and will...
Matt Moore Named ACC Freshman of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 05/02/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse midfielder Matt Moore has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference&...
No. 9 UVA Cruises Past In-State Foe VMI, 17-8
M. Lacrosse | 05/01/2018
The No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (12-5) cruised past the VMI Keydets (2-11) on Tuesday night, 17-8, ...
- Online Stores