Tucker received the Allen Voshell Award winner as Team MVP
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Van Arsdale leads honorees with his fourth career nod
Coholan, Sacco and Tucker also honored
UVa has now had 24 student-athletes to earn the USILA Scholar All-America honor
Men's Lacrosse vs. Cornell (by Matt Riley)
• USILA honorable mention All-American
• USILA Scholar All-American
• Started all 15 of UVa's games
• Made first collegiate start at No. 7 Loyola (Feb. 7)
• One of UVa's five captains
• Named a captain for remainder of the season before the Cornell game after the other four captains discussed with team and requested the honor from Coach Starsia
• Named ACC Defensive Player of the Week on Feb. 9 after holding Greyhound All-American Nikko Pontrello to one goal in UVa's win at No. 7 Loyola
• Caused four turnovers and picked up three ground balls against No. 16 Drexel (Feb. 14)
• Picked up one ground ball and caused one turnover at Rutgers (Feb. 21)
• Caused five turnovers at No. 19 Johns Hopkins (March 21)
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Appeared in six of UVa's 16 games
• Saw time mostly on UVa's man-down defense
• Picked up a career-high two ground balls and caused a career-high three turnovers vs. VMI (March 24)
• Appeared in one of UVa's games
• Saw time against VMI (Feb. 19)
• Caused first career turnover and picked up second career ground ball against the Keydets
• Walked onto the squad during fall practice
• Appeared in two games
• Made his collegiate debut vs. VMI
• Also saw time against Vermont
• Picked up first career ground ball against VMI
• 2011 graduate of Jamesville-DeWitt High School where he was a three-year letterwinner in lacrosse
• Was a 2011 first-team All-Central New York selection
• Member of the 2010 & 2011 Class B New York State Championship team at Jamesville-DeWitt
• Was a ESPNHS lacrosse honorable mention All-American
• Also earned three letters in basketball and was a member of the 2009-10-11 Class A New York State championship squads
• Won five state championships in four years of high school (three in basketball and two in lacrosse)
• Was class president all four years of high school
• Member of the National Honor Society and was a recipient of the 2011 AP Scholar Award
• Son of John and Lisa Sacco
• Has an older brother, Bryan, and a older sister, Brigitte
• Brother, Bryan, played football at Cornell from 1997-2001
• Enjoys golf and shark cage diving
Sacco's Career Statistics
Sky's the Limit for UVA Pole VaulterTrack & Field, Cross Country7/20/17Jeff Jernigan, who over the course of his UVA career became one of the ACC's top pole vaulters, was commissioned in the U.S. Navy in May.Graduate Transfers Bolster Offensive LineFootball7/18/17Graduate transfers John Montelus and Brandon Pertile will compete for starting jobs on the offensive line when UVA opens training camp late this month.'Hoos Hope to Build Momentum EarlyFootball7/15/17Four of Virginia's first five football games this season will be at Scott Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Tiffany Welcomes the 2017 Recruiting Class
M. Lacrosse | 7/17/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse head coach Lars Tiffany welcomes the Virginia men’s lacrosse ...
Five Cavaliers Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
M. Lacrosse | 6/27/2017
Five members of the UVA men’s lacrosse team were named to the 2017 All-ACC Academic MenR...
Tanner Scales Named a USILA Scholar All-American
M. Lacrosse | 6/8/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse senior defenseman Tanner Scales has been named a USILA Scholar All-...
Three Cavaliers Selected in the 2017 MLL Draft
M. Lacrosse | 5/28/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse had three seniors selected in the 2017 Major League Lacrosse...
Cavaliers Place Four on the USILA All-America Team
M. Lacrosse | 5/24/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse players Dox Aitken, Ryan Conrad, Michael Kraus and Zed Williams...
Doug Knight to be Inducted into the US Lacrosse Hall of Fame
M. Lacrosse | 5/23/2017
Former Virginia men’s lacrosse attackman Doug Knight is a member of the 2017 US Lacrosse...
Kraus Named ACC Rookie of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 05/02/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse attackman Michael Kraus has been named the Atlantic Coast...
Cavaliers Fall to Penn in ACC Showcase Game
M. Lacrosse | 04/29/2017
All six of UVA's offensive starters scored at least one goal in loss
- Online Stores