Tucker received the Allen Voshell Award winner as Team MVP
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Van Arsdale leads honorees with his fourth career nod
Coholan, Sacco and Tucker also honored
UVa has now had 24 student-athletes to earn the USILA Scholar All-America honor
Men's Lacrosse vs. Cornell (by Matt Riley)
• USILA honorable mention All-American
• USILA Scholar All-American
• Started all 15 of UVa's games
• Made first collegiate start at No. 7 Loyola (Feb. 7)
• One of UVa's five captains
• Named a captain for remainder of the season before the Cornell game after the other four captains discussed with team and requested the honor from Coach Starsia
• Named ACC Defensive Player of the Week on Feb. 9 after holding Greyhound All-American Nikko Pontrello to one goal in UVa's win at No. 7 Loyola
• Caused four turnovers and picked up three ground balls against No. 16 Drexel (Feb. 14)
• Picked up one ground ball and caused one turnover at Rutgers (Feb. 21)
• Caused five turnovers at No. 19 Johns Hopkins (March 21)
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Appeared in six of UVa's 16 games
• Saw time mostly on UVa's man-down defense
• Picked up a career-high two ground balls and caused a career-high three turnovers vs. VMI (March 24)
• Appeared in one of UVa's games
• Saw time against VMI (Feb. 19)
• Caused first career turnover and picked up second career ground ball against the Keydets
• Walked onto the squad during fall practice
• Appeared in two games
• Made his collegiate debut vs. VMI
• Also saw time against Vermont
• Picked up first career ground ball against VMI
• 2011 graduate of Jamesville-DeWitt High School where he was a three-year letterwinner in lacrosse
• Was a 2011 first-team All-Central New York selection
• Member of the 2010 & 2011 Class B New York State Championship team at Jamesville-DeWitt
• Was a ESPNHS lacrosse honorable mention All-American
• Also earned three letters in basketball and was a member of the 2009-10-11 Class A New York State championship squads
• Won five state championships in four years of high school (three in basketball and two in lacrosse)
• Was class president all four years of high school
• Member of the National Honor Society and was a recipient of the 2011 AP Scholar Award
• Son of John and Lisa Sacco
• Has an older brother, Bryan, and a older sister, Brigitte
• Brother, Bryan, played football at Cornell from 1997-2001
• Enjoys golf and shark cage diving
Sacco's Career Statistics
Slumping Cavaliers Look to RegroupMen's Basketball2/19/17No. 14 Virginia (18-8, 8-6) will try to end a three-game losing streak Monday night when ACC rival Miami (18-8, 8-6) visit John Paul Jones Arena.Kwiatkowski Sets Standard On and Off CourtMen's Tennis2/16/17Thai-Son Kwiatkowski, one of top-ranked Virginia's best players, also has distinguished himself in the McIntire School of Commerce.Grueling Stretch Continues for 'HoosMen's Basketball2/16/17No. 14 Virginia, which lost Wednesday night to No. 12 Duke at JPJ, meets No. 10 North Carolina in Chapel Hill on Saturday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
D'Amario's Seven Goals Pushes No. 7 UVA Past Drexel, 18-14
M. Lacrosse | 2/18/2017
No. 7 UVA Hosts Drexel in Home Opener on Saturday
M. Lacrosse | 2/16/2017
UVA Sweeps ACC Player of the Week Honors
M. Lacrosse | 2/13/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse players Dox Aitken and Tanner Scales swept the ACC Player of the...
Jeff White: Aitken Dazzles in UVA Debut
M. Lacrosse | 2/11/2017
Freshman midfielder Dox Aitken scored a game-high four goals Saturday to help No. 14 Virginia...
UVA Opens the Tiffany Era with a 16-15 Win over No. 6 Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 2/11/2017
It was a wild finish at the Ridley Athletic Complex as 13 combined goals were scored in the...
No. 14 UVA Opens up the Tiffany Era at No. 6 Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 2/9/2017
Virginia Announces 2017 Men's Lacrosse Broadcast Schedule
M. Lacrosse | 01/30/2017
Virginia Athletics has unveiled the broadcast schedule for the 2017 Virginia men’s lacrosse...
Phil Menson Poquie Dismissed from Virginia Men’s...
M. Lacrosse | 01/27/2017
Sophomore midfielder Phil Menson Poquie (Philadelphia, PA) has been dismissed from the Virginia...
- Online Stores