Tucker received the Allen Voshell Award winner as Team MVP
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Van Arsdale leads honorees with his fourth career nod
Coholan, Sacco and Tucker also honored
UVa has now had 24 student-athletes to earn the USILA Scholar All-America honor
Men's Lacrosse vs. Cornell (by Matt Riley)
• USILA honorable mention All-American
• USILA Scholar All-American
• Started all 15 of UVa's games
• Made first collegiate start at No. 7 Loyola (Feb. 7)
• One of UVa's five captains
• Named a captain for remainder of the season before the Cornell game after the other four captains discussed with team and requested the honor from Coach Starsia
• Named ACC Defensive Player of the Week on Feb. 9 after holding Greyhound All-American Nikko Pontrello to one goal in UVa's win at No. 7 Loyola
• Caused four turnovers and picked up three ground balls against No. 16 Drexel (Feb. 14)
• Picked up one ground ball and caused one turnover at Rutgers (Feb. 21)
• Caused five turnovers at No. 19 Johns Hopkins (March 21)
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Appeared in six of UVa's 16 games
• Saw time mostly on UVa's man-down defense
• Picked up a career-high two ground balls and caused a career-high three turnovers vs. VMI (March 24)
• Appeared in one of UVa's games
• Saw time against VMI (Feb. 19)
• Caused first career turnover and picked up second career ground ball against the Keydets
• Walked onto the squad during fall practice
• Appeared in two games
• Made his collegiate debut vs. VMI
• Also saw time against Vermont
• Picked up first career ground ball against VMI
• 2011 graduate of Jamesville-DeWitt High School where he was a three-year letterwinner in lacrosse
• Was a 2011 first-team All-Central New York selection
• Member of the 2010 & 2011 Class B New York State Championship team at Jamesville-DeWitt
• Was a ESPNHS lacrosse honorable mention All-American
• Also earned three letters in basketball and was a member of the 2009-10-11 Class A New York State championship squads
• Won five state championships in four years of high school (three in basketball and two in lacrosse)
• Was class president all four years of high school
• Member of the National Honor Society and was a recipient of the 2011 AP Scholar Award
• Son of John and Lisa Sacco
• Has an older brother, Bryan, and a older sister, Brigitte
• Brother, Bryan, played football at Cornell from 1997-2001
• Enjoys golf and shark cage diving
Sacco's Career Statistics
Tiffany Plans to Push Pace at UVAMen's Lacrosse6/21/16New men's lacrosse coach Lars Tiffany comes to Virginia from Brown, which went 16-3 and led the nation in scoring this season.'Hoos Focused on Getting Up to SpeedFootball6/17/16Speed training is a major component of the Virginia football team's offseason strength and conditioning program.Hardin Eager To Take On New ChallengeSoftball6/13/16Virginia's new softball coach, Joanna Hardin, posted a 79-34 record, with one NCAA tournament appearance, in two seasons at McNeese State.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Tiffany Plans to Push Pace at UVA
M. Lacrosse | 6/21/2016
New head coach Lars Tiffany comes to Virginia from Brown, which went 16-3 and led the nation in...
Virginia Names Lars Tiffany Head Men's Lacrosse Coach
M. Lacrosse | 6/21/2016
Virginia athletics director Craig Littlepage announced Tuesday (June 21) that Lars Tiffany, the...
Four Cavaliers Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
M. Lacrosse | 6/20/2016
Four members of UVA’s men’s lacrosse team were named to the 2016 All-ACC Academic Men...
Cavaliers Place Two on the USILA All-America Team
M. Lacrosse | 5/28/2016
Virginia men’s lacrosse players Michael Howard and Zed Williams were named to the 2016...
Dom Starsia Departs as Virginia Men’s Lacrosse Coach
M. Lacrosse | 5/23/2016
University of Virginia director of athletics Craig Littlepage announced today that a change in...
No. 2 Brown Ends Virginia's Season
M. Lacrosse | 5/1/2016
The No. 2 Brown Bears (14-1) outlast the Virginia Cavaliers (7-8) through two lightning delays on...
Jeff White: Cavaliers' Margin for Error Gone
M. Lacrosse | 04/29/2016
To become eligible for an NCAA tournament bid, Virginia (7-7) must upset second-ranked Brown (13-...
UVA to Face No. 2 Brown on Saturday in Georgia
M. Lacrosse | 04/28/2016
- Online Stores