Tucker received the Allen Voshell Award winner as Team MVP
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Van Arsdale leads honorees with his fourth career nod
Coholan, Sacco and Tucker also honored
UVa has now had 24 student-athletes to earn the USILA Scholar All-America honor
Men's Lacrosse vs. Cornell (by Matt Riley)
• USILA honorable mention All-American
• USILA Scholar All-American
• Started all 15 of UVa's games
• Made first collegiate start at No. 7 Loyola (Feb. 7)
• One of UVa's five captains
• Named a captain for remainder of the season before the Cornell game after the other four captains discussed with team and requested the honor from Coach Starsia
• Named ACC Defensive Player of the Week on Feb. 9 after holding Greyhound All-American Nikko Pontrello to one goal in UVa's win at No. 7 Loyola
• Caused four turnovers and picked up three ground balls against No. 16 Drexel (Feb. 14)
• Picked up one ground ball and caused one turnover at Rutgers (Feb. 21)
• Caused five turnovers at No. 19 Johns Hopkins (March 21)
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Appeared in six of UVa's 16 games
• Saw time mostly on UVa's man-down defense
• Picked up a career-high two ground balls and caused a career-high three turnovers vs. VMI (March 24)
• Appeared in one of UVa's games
• Saw time against VMI (Feb. 19)
• Caused first career turnover and picked up second career ground ball against the Keydets
• Walked onto the squad during fall practice
• Appeared in two games
• Made his collegiate debut vs. VMI
• Also saw time against Vermont
• Picked up first career ground ball against VMI
• 2011 graduate of Jamesville-DeWitt High School where he was a three-year letterwinner in lacrosse
• Was a 2011 first-team All-Central New York selection
• Member of the 2010 & 2011 Class B New York State Championship team at Jamesville-DeWitt
• Was a ESPNHS lacrosse honorable mention All-American
• Also earned three letters in basketball and was a member of the 2009-10-11 Class A New York State championship squads
• Won five state championships in four years of high school (three in basketball and two in lacrosse)
• Was class president all four years of high school
• Member of the National Honor Society and was a recipient of the 2011 AP Scholar Award
• Son of John and Lisa Sacco
• Has an older brother, Bryan, and a older sister, Brigitte
• Brother, Bryan, played football at Cornell from 1997-2001
• Enjoys golf and shark cage diving
Sacco's Career Statistics
Jackson Comfortable in Leading RoleWomen's Lacrosse2/16/18As a sophomore last season, Maggie Jackson led the Cavaliers in points, ground balls and draw controls and tied for the lead in assists.Eikhoff Eager to Assume Larger RoleBaseball2/15/18No. 15 Virginia, which opens the season Friday against No. 22 Central Florida, is counting on production from junior infield Nate Eikhoff.Hard-Earned Break Next for Top-Ranked 'HoosMen's Basketball2/14/18No. 1 Virginia, which defeated ACC rival Miami 59-50 late Tuesday night in Coral Gables, Fla., doesn't play again until next Wednesday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 11 Virginia Travels to Drexel on Saturday
M. Lacrosse | 2/15/2018
UVA Sweeps ACC Player of the Week Honors
M. Lacrosse | 2/12/2018
Laviano and Thompson honored for their play against then-No. 13 Loyola, helping the Cavaliers win...
Jeff White: Newcomer Provides Boost on Faceoffs
M. Lacrosse | 2/11/2018
A transfer from Monmouth, Justin Schwenk won 16 of 26 faceoffs Saturday in Virginia's season-open...
Aitken’s Goal Lifts UVA Over No. 13 Loyola in 2OT, 13-12
M. Lacrosse | 2/10/2018
Ian Laviano leads Cavaliers in collegiate debut with five goals and one assist to help the UVA...
UVA Hosts No. 13 Loyola in Season Opener on Saturday
M. Lacrosse | 2/8/2018
UVA Broadcasting Schedule for Men's Lacrosse
M. Lacrosse | 2/9/2018
Ten of UVA's 15 games will appear on ESPN affiliated networks. UVA opens the 2018 season on Feb. ...
Davenport & Klöckner Clear Bag Policy & Entry...
M. Lacrosse | 01/31/2018
The Virginia athletics department announced today (Jan. 31) its clear bag policy and entrance...
Virginia Announces 2018 Men's Lacrosse Schedule
M. Lacrosse | 01/04/2018
UVA hosts eight home games and the ACC Tournament at Klöckner Stadium in 2018. UVA will have...
- Online Stores