UVA has had 26 student-athletes earn the USILA Scholar All-America honor
Aitken leads honorees on the first team
Cavalier senior was the 28th overall selection
Conrad and Hooper selected by peers as captains
D'Amario, Hooper and Scales earn second career accolades
TIFFANY ON HOOPER
“The impact Scott is making with our program is felt in many ways. As one of our captains, Scott is inspiring his teammates with consistent, tenacious defensive play and a patient, positively constructive voice. Off the field, Scott has initiated and organized our venture with Team IMPACT, an outfit that has brought to us a new team member: Brian. Even more will be placed on Scott’s shoulders this spring as he will often be assigned some of the nation’s toughest attackmen to defend.”
• Inside Lacrosse All-American (HM)
• One of UVA's two captains
• Appeared in 17 games with 17 starts
• Was given the night off against Dartmouth
• Assisted one goal against Johns Hopkins
• Picked up 39 ground balls and caused 26 turnovers
• Picked up five ground balls against Syracuse
• Caused five turnovers at Notre Dame and at Duke
• Inside Lacrosse Preseason All-American (3rd)
• Inside Lacrosse Midseason All-American (HM)
• Appeared in all 15 games with 14 starts
• Picked up 42 ground balls and caused 35 turnovers
• Did not receive one penalty
• No. 1 in the ACC and No. 5 in the NCAA with 2.33 caused turnovers per game
• Caused seven turnovers against Robert Morris, a season high in the nation
• Dished one assist against Notre Dame
• One of four Cavaliers to start all 15 games
• Led UVA with 23 caused turnovers
• Picked up 26 ground balls
• Grabbed three ground balls and caused two turnovers against Penn
• Had four ground balls and three caused turnovers against Syracuse
• Caused five turnovers in 9-0 win at Richmond
• One of two true freshmen to start for the UVA defense in the season-opening win at No. 7 Loyola (Feb. 7)
• Picked up nine ground balls and caused seven turnovers on the season.
• Grabbed his first collegiate ground ball against No. 16 Drexel (Feb. 14)
• Picked up two ground balls at Rutgers (Feb. 21)
• Listed as the No. 14 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Listed as the No. 3 incoming defenseman in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Under Armour All-American
• Four-year letterwinner at the Hotchkiss School in Lakeville, Conn.
• Team captain as a junior and senior
• All-conference performer
• Named team MVP as a senior
• Also played hockey all four years at Hotchkiss
• Son of Paul and Kim Hooper
• Has an older brother, Matt
• Father Paul was a lacrosse All-American at Washington College
• Enjoys skiing
Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.Hall Working to Raise NBA StockMen's Basketball6/12/18By the time the NBA draft arrives on June 21, former UVA guard Devon Hall will have worked out for nearly two-thirds of the league's 30 teams.Mueller Sets Sights on World TitleWrestling6/11/18Early this month, Jack Mueller, a rising junior at UVA, clinched a spot on the U.S. team that will compete at the U23 freestyle world championships in Romania.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Scott Hooper Named a USILA Scholar All-American
M. Lacrosse | 6/11/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse senior defenseman Scott Hooper has been named a USILA Scholar All-A...
Cavaliers Place Three on the USILA All-America Team
M. Lacrosse | 5/24/2018
Virginia men's lacrosse players Dox Aitken, Scott Hooper and Michael Kraus were named to the 2018...
UVA Falls in the NCAA Tournament at No. 6 Seed Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 5/13/2018
The Virginia Cavaliers (12-6) fell in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday night at...
Jeff White: Hooper Sets Bar High On and Off Field
M. Lacrosse | 5/11/2018
Defenseman Scott Hooper is a four-year starter for Virginia, which meets No. 6 seed Loyola in the...
UVA Opens NCAA Play at No. 6 Seed Loyola on Saturday Night
M. Lacrosse | 5/10/2018
UVA Draws Road Game at Loyola in First Round of NCAA...
M. Lacrosse | 5/6/2018
Virginia has received an at-large bid to the 2018 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship and will...
Matt Moore Named ACC Freshman of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 05/02/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse midfielder Matt Moore has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference&...
No. 9 UVA Cruises Past In-State Foe VMI, 17-8
M. Lacrosse | 05/01/2018
The No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (12-5) cruised past the VMI Keydets (2-11) on Tuesday night, 17-8, ...
- Online Stores