Cavalier senior was the 28th overall selection
Conrad and Hooper selected by peers as captains
D'Amario, Hooper and Scales earn second career accolades
D’Amario, Hooper, Murphy and Scales all earn first career accolades
TIFFANY ON HOOPER
“The impact Scott is making with our program is felt in many ways. As one of our captains, Scott is inspiring his teammates with consistent, tenacious defensive play and a patient, positively constructive voice. Off the field, Scott has initiated and organized our venture with Team IMPACT, an outfit that has brought to us a new team member: Brian. Even more will be placed on Scott’s shoulders this spring as he will often be assigned some of the nation’s toughest attackmen to defend.”
• Appeared in all 15 games with 14 starts
• Picked up 42 ground balls and caused 35 turnovers
• Did not receive one penalty
• No. 1 in the ACC and No. 5 in the NCAA with 2.33 caused turnovers per game
• Caused seven turnovers against Robert Morris, a season high in the nation
• Dished one assist against Notre Dame
• One of four Cavaliers to start all 15 games
• Led UVA with 23 caused turnovers
• Picked up 26 ground balls
• Grabbed three ground balls and caused two turnovers against Penn
• Had four ground balls and three caused turnovers against Syracuse
• Caused five turnovers in 9-0 win at Richmond
• One of two true freshmen to start for the UVA defense in the season-opening win at No. 7 Loyola (Feb. 7)
• Picked up nine ground balls and caused seven turnovers on the season.
• Grabbed his first collegiate ground ball against No. 16 Drexel (Feb. 14)
• Picked up two ground balls at Rutgers (Feb. 21)
• Listed as the No. 14 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Listed as the No. 3 incoming defenseman in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Under Armour All-American
• Four-year letterwinner at the Hotchkiss School in Lakeville, Conn.
• Team captain as a junior and senior
• All-conference performer
• Named team MVP as a senior
• Also played hockey all four years at Hotchkiss
• Son of Paul and Kim Hooper
• Has an older brother, Matt
• Father Paul was a lacrosse All-American at Washington College
• Enjoys skiing
Spring Football NotebookFootball4/20/18As part of the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend, spring football concludes for the Cavaliers with an open practice April 28 at Scott Stadium.Thompson Ready To Lead From FrontWomen's Basketball4/18/18The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at John Paul Jones Arena, where Tina Thompson was introduced as UVA's women's basketball coach.Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in PostseasonMen's Golf4/18/18Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's ACC tournament in good form.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 13 UVA and Vermont Meet Saturday in Connecticut
M. Lacrosse | 4/19/2018
Hooper Selected by Charlotte in the Fourth Round of the 2018...
M. Lacrosse | 4/18/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse defenseman Scott Hooper was selected in the 2018 Major League...
Jeff White: Kraus Sparkles Even in Defeat
M. Lacrosse | 4/14/2018
Sophomore attackman Michael Kraus had four goals and five assists -- both team highs -- in No. 10...
No. 3 Duke Outlasts No. 10 UVA, 18-13
M. Lacrosse | 4/14/2018
The No. 3 Duke Blue Devils (11-2, 3-1 ACC) outlasted the No. 10 Virginia Cavaliers (9-3, 1-3 ACC)...
No. 10 UVA hosts No. 3 Duke Saturday for Senior Day
M. Lacrosse | 4/12/2018
Virginia Announces Wahoowa Weekend for April 27-29
M. Lacrosse | 4/10/2018
The Virginia athletics department announced the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend today that is scheduled...
Kraus Named ACC Offensive Player of the Week
M. Lacrosse | 04/09/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse attackman Michael Kraus has been named the ACC Offensive Player of ...
No. 11 UVA Races Past No. 20 UNC, 15-12
M. Lacrosse | 04/07/2018
Michael Kraus scored seven points (3 goals, 4 assists) and Mike D’Amario added four goals...
- Online Stores