Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
LaPierre leads the Cavalier quartet with a first-team nod
By Jeff White (email@example.com)
• Appeared in four of UVa's 15 games
• Saw time at Rutgers, at VMI, against Richmond and versus Johns Hopkins in the NCAA Tournament
• Picked up one ground ball at VMI
• Caused one turnover against Johns Hopkins in the NCAA Tournament
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Missed entire season with injury
• Became only the fourth lacrosse player under Dom Starsia that gained at least one letter playing football and one playing men's lacrosse at UVa
• Joins the list of Andrew Dausch, Pat Kerney and Brian Pomper
• Made collegiate lacrosse debut against VMI (Feb. 18)
• Appeared in two games for the Cavaliers
• Also appeared against Bellarmine at the faceoff X position
• Nearly won his first career faceoff, but UVa didn't pick up the ground ball cleanly
AT VIRGINIA (Football)
• Joined the men's lacrosse program after being a one-year letterwinner on the UVa football team in 2011
• Appeared in 11 of UVa's 13 games in 2011, including versus Auburn in the Chick-fil-A Bowl
• Made four tackles and 0.5 tackles for loss
• His QB pressure pushed Miami's Stephen Morris out of the pocket on the game's final play
• The pressure forced Morris to settle short and UVa recorded the tackle at the 10-yard line as time expired to secure the victory
• The win allowed UVa to become the first program in college football history to record road victories at Miami (Fla.) and Florida State in the same season
• Was a four-year letterwinner in lacrosse
• All-Prep League and captain in lacrosse
• Scored three goals as a defenseman senior year
• Rated the No. 66 defensive end in nation by ESPN.com
• Rated a three-star prospect by Scout.com, ESPN.com and Rivals.com
• All-state and All-Prep League in football
• Ranked the No. 20 football recruit in the state by Rivals.com
• Helped St. Christopher's to the 2010 VPL championship game
• Son of Trigg and Carrington Brown
• Has four brothers, Trigg Brown, Rob Cann, Merrill Cann and Lawrence Cann
• Brother Rob Cann played soccer at East Carolina
• Brother Lawrence Cann played soccer at Davidson
• Enjoys fishing and riding horses
Brown's Career Statistics
Thompson Starts Laying GroundworkWomen's Basketball6/20/18Summer practice started Wednesday morning for the Virginia women's basketball team, which has a new head coach, Tina Thompson.Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Scott Hooper Named a USILA Scholar All-American
M. Lacrosse | 6/11/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse senior defenseman Scott Hooper has been named a USILA Scholar All-A...
Cavaliers Place Three on the USILA All-America Team
M. Lacrosse | 5/24/2018
Virginia men's lacrosse players Dox Aitken, Scott Hooper and Michael Kraus were named to the 2018...
UVA Falls in the NCAA Tournament at No. 6 Seed Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 5/13/2018
The Virginia Cavaliers (12-6) fell in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday night at...
Jeff White: Hooper Sets Bar High On and Off Field
M. Lacrosse | 5/11/2018
Defenseman Scott Hooper is a four-year starter for Virginia, which meets No. 6 seed Loyola in the...
UVA Opens NCAA Play at No. 6 Seed Loyola on Saturday Night
M. Lacrosse | 5/10/2018
UVA Draws Road Game at Loyola in First Round of NCAA...
M. Lacrosse | 5/6/2018
Virginia has received an at-large bid to the 2018 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship and will...
Matt Moore Named ACC Freshman of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 05/02/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse midfielder Matt Moore has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference&...
No. 9 UVA Cruises Past In-State Foe VMI, 17-8
M. Lacrosse | 05/01/2018
The No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (12-5) cruised past the VMI Keydets (2-11) on Tuesday night, 17-8, ...
- Online Stores