Tucker received the Allen Voshell Award winner as Team MVP
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
UVa has had at least one first round selection in each of the past seven drafts
Coholan, German, Tucker and Van Arsdale selected by peers as captains
Cavaliers squandered an eight-goal lead before winning in overtime
Men's Lacrosse vs. Bellarmine (by Matt Riley)
• Appeared in all 15 of UVa's games with nine starts
• Started the last nine games of the season after season-ending injury to James Pannell
• One of UVa's five captains
• Selected in the fith round (31st overall) by the Charlotte Hounds in the 2015 MLL Draft
• Dished out one assist and picked up three ground balls at No. 7 Loyola (Feb. 7)
• Scored two goals against No. 16 Drexel (Feb. 14)
• Dished out one assist at Rutgers (Feb. 21)
• Scored three goals at No. 19 Johns Hopkins (March 21)
• Two goals and two assists against Penn (April 25)
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Appeared in all 16 of UVa's games with one start
• Made first career start at No. 5 North Carolina (April 5)
• Led the second midfield with 12 goals and 17 points
• Scored points in 12 of UVa's 16 games
• Scored first two career goals against No. 12 Loyola (Feb. 6)
• Recorded two goals at Richmond (Feb. 8)
• Scored two goals against No. 2 Duke (April 11)
• Tallied two goals against No. 6 North Carolina (April 26) in Chester, Pa.
• Appeared in nine of UVa's 15 games
• Took faceoffs for the first time in his career, finishing 28-of-53 (.528)
• Took his first career draws against Drexel (Feb. 16)
• Went 3-of-6 against VMI (Feb. 19)
• Was key in UVa's win against Bellarmine (April 20), going 14-of-21 as the primary FOGO
• Picked up a career-high six ground balls against Bellarmine (April 20)
• Went 9-of-18 at the faceoff X during the ACC Tournament, including 6-of-11 against North Carolina (April 28)
• Appeared in nine games as a SSDM
• Made collegiate debut at No. 20 Drexel
• Picked up three ground balls against VMI
• Listed as the No. 36 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Rated the No. 8 incoming midfielder in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Under Armour All-American
• Had 42 goals and 53 assists as a senior
• Two-year team captain and a four-time All-Bayside first team honoree
• Bayside Player of the Year
• Earned four letters in basketball and three in football
• All-State in football and Bayside Player of the Year at QB
• First-team All-Bayside and selected to play in the Crab Bowl
• Graduated Queen Anne's County as the school's all-time leader in career basketball points (1,112)
• Was the nation's No. 44 rising senior by Inside Lacrosse as he entered his final year of lacrosse at Queen Anne's County
• Son of Christina and Clark German
• Has a younger sister, Kallie
• Father Clark was the QB for Delaware Football from 1985-88
• Has worked in the community at Triple Threat Lacrosse Camp and the St. Benedict's Single Mothers Home
German's Career Statistics
Hall's NBA Stock RisingMen's Basketball6/12/18By the time the NBA draft arrives on June 21, former UVA guard Devon Hall will have worked out for nearly two-thirds of the league's 30 teams.Mueller Sets Sights on World TitleWrestling6/11/18Early this month, Jack Mueller, a rising junior at UVA, clinched a spot on the U.S. team that will compete at the U23 freestyle world championships in Romania.Master Plan Offers Transformational BlueprintGeneral Release6/8/18A proposed master plan for the athletics precinct on North Grounds was presented Thursday to the Board of Visitors' Buildings and Grounds Committee.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Scott Hooper Named a USILA Scholar All-American
M. Lacrosse | 6/11/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse senior defenseman Scott Hooper has been named a USILA Scholar All-A...
Cavaliers Place Three on the USILA All-America Team
M. Lacrosse | 5/24/2018
Virginia men's lacrosse players Dox Aitken, Scott Hooper and Michael Kraus were named to the 2018...
UVA Falls in the NCAA Tournament at No. 6 Seed Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 5/13/2018
The Virginia Cavaliers (12-6) fell in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday night at...
Jeff White: Hooper Sets Bar High On and Off Field
M. Lacrosse | 5/11/2018
Defenseman Scott Hooper is a four-year starter for Virginia, which meets No. 6 seed Loyola in the...
UVA Opens NCAA Play at No. 6 Seed Loyola on Saturday Night
M. Lacrosse | 5/10/2018
UVA Draws Road Game at Loyola in First Round of NCAA...
M. Lacrosse | 5/6/2018
Virginia has received an at-large bid to the 2018 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship and will...
Matt Moore Named ACC Freshman of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 05/02/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse midfielder Matt Moore has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference&...
No. 9 UVA Cruises Past In-State Foe VMI, 17-8
M. Lacrosse | 05/01/2018
The No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (12-5) cruised past the VMI Keydets (2-11) on Tuesday night, 17-8, ...
- Online Stores