TIFFANY ON MALONEY
"Demolition ball analogies abound as this man identifies the shortest direction to the goal and smashes anything and everything in this path. Wade is a hard-charging midfielder, with a durable body to both deliver and endure punishing blows. This dodging technique is a formidable challenge for opposing defenders and gives offensive coordinator Sean Kirwan another weapon in his arsenal. Wade’s shooting accuracy has notably improved as well."
• Appeared in seven of UVA's 18 games
• Saw some time on UVA's second and third midfield lines
• Scored one goal and dished out two assists
• Also picked up one ground ball
• Scored first collegiate goal against Johns Hopkins
• Dished out two assists against Richmond
• Appeared in two of UVA's 15 games
• Made collegiate debut against Siena
• Also saw time against High Point
• Listed as the No. 53 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Listed as the No. 17 midfielder in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Under Armour All-American
• A 2016 graduate of the Lawrenceville School
• Scored 24 goals and 42 points as a senior in 2016
• Tallied 34 goals and 49 points as a junior in 2015
• Finished career with 83 goals, 61 assists, 144 points and 165 ground balls
• Son of Tom and Alison Maloney
• Has a younger sister, Tess
• Father, Tom, played soccer and lacrosse at Brown
• Father, Tom, was lacrosse teammates at Brown with current UVA head coach Lars Tiffany, and played for former UVA Hall of Fame head coach Dom Starsia
UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.Shared Vision Unites Mendenhall and WilliamsGeneral Release5/17/18Virginia's new athletics director, Carla Williams, has formed a strong working relationship with head football coach Bronco Mendenhall.Lillie Helps Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceWomen's Golf5/16/18Beth Lillie, one of four freshmen named to the All-ACC team, is second in scoring average for UVA, which plays in the NCAA championships this week.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Falls in the NCAA Tournament at No. 6 Seed Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 5/13/2018
The Virginia Cavaliers (12-6) fell in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday night at...
Jeff White: Hooper Sets Bar High On and Off Field
M. Lacrosse | 5/11/2018
Defenseman Scott Hooper is a four-year starter for Virginia, which meets No. 6 seed Loyola in the...
UVA Opens NCAA Play at No. 6 Seed Loyola on Saturday Night
M. Lacrosse | 5/10/2018
UVA Draws Road Game at Loyola in First Round of NCAA...
M. Lacrosse | 5/6/2018
Virginia has received an at-large bid to the 2018 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship and will...
Matt Moore Named ACC Freshman of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 5/2/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse midfielder Matt Moore has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference&...
No. 9 UVA Cruises Past In-State Foe VMI, 17-8
M. Lacrosse | 5/1/2018
The No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (12-5) cruised past the VMI Keydets (2-11) on Tuesday night, 17-8, ...
Jeff White: Weekend Ends on Disappointing Note
M. Lacrosse | 04/29/2018
Virginia plays once more before the NCAA field is announced next Sunday night. UVA (11-5) hosts...
No. 9 UVA Hosts In-State Foe VMI on Tuesday
M. Lacrosse | 05/01/2018
- Online Stores