“The first-year growth and development is supposed to be slow and include a steep-learning curve. While this was true initially for this first-year, Will took a major step forward the second half of the Fall semester in many areas. With changes to his approach angles and stance, Will has become a more consistent, reliable defensive teammate. He continues to be a disruptive defender with a knack for intercepting and knocking down passes.”
• Appeared in all 18 of UVA's games as an LSM
• Scored one goal and dished out five assists
• Picked up 48 ground balls and caused 17 turnovers
• Scored first collegiate point on an assist in collegiate debut against Loyola
• Tallied first collegiate goal against VMI
• Also notched assists against Syracuse, Johns Hopkins, Richmond and Vermont
• Picked up five ground balls against Richmond and at Stony Brook
• Caused three turnovers at North Carolina and at Drexel
• Three-time WCAC Champion
• Suffered only one league loss in four years of high school
• Played for a school that was ranked in the Top 5 two times throughout high school
• Was awarded most improved junior year and earned the coach's award senior year
• Captain senior year
• First-team All-WCAC
• Second-team All-Met
• Son of Frances Rock
Lynch Shines Again in His Season FinaleBaseball5/23/18In what was probably his final appearance for UVA, junior left-hander Daniel Lynch struck out seven Tuesday against Florida State in the ACC tournament.UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.Shared Vision Unites Mendenhall and WilliamsGeneral Release5/17/18Virginia's new athletics director, Carla Williams, has formed a strong working relationship with head football coach Bronco Mendenhall.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Falls in the NCAA Tournament at No. 6 Seed Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 5/13/2018
The Virginia Cavaliers (12-6) fell in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday night at...
Jeff White: Hooper Sets Bar High On and Off Field
M. Lacrosse | 5/11/2018
Defenseman Scott Hooper is a four-year starter for Virginia, which meets No. 6 seed Loyola in the...
UVA Opens NCAA Play at No. 6 Seed Loyola on Saturday Night
M. Lacrosse | 5/10/2018
UVA Draws Road Game at Loyola in First Round of NCAA...
M. Lacrosse | 5/6/2018
Virginia has received an at-large bid to the 2018 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship and will...
Matt Moore Named ACC Freshman of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 5/2/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse midfielder Matt Moore has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference&...
No. 9 UVA Cruises Past In-State Foe VMI, 17-8
M. Lacrosse | 5/1/2018
The No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (12-5) cruised past the VMI Keydets (2-11) on Tuesday night, 17-8, ...
Jeff White: Weekend Ends on Disappointing Note
M. Lacrosse | 04/29/2018
Virginia plays once more before the NCAA field is announced next Sunday night. UVA (11-5) hosts...
No. 9 UVA Hosts In-State Foe VMI on Tuesday
M. Lacrosse | 05/01/2018
- Online Stores