TIFFANY ON HUDSON
“With a positive, clear perspective influenced from both strong family values and having attended Holy Cross, William provides a mindset that is both inspiring and alluring. As a goalie, this is incredibly beneficial as he needs to daily prepare for the onslaught of shots, especially in our up-tempo practices. With renewed confidence after returning from injury, William is ready to push for playing time and make our program better.”
• Joined the team as a walk-on during the 2017 spring after spending one season at Holy Cross
• Appeared in two of UVA's 15 games
• Made collegiate debut against Siena
• Also saw time against Cleveland State where he made one save
• Spent the 2016 season at Holy Cross, but did not appear in any games
• Three-year member of the varsity lacrosse team at the Westminster School under head coach Tony Souza
• Team won the Georgia state championships in 2013 and 2015
• 2014 and 2015 second-team all-state selection
• Led team to a school best 20-2 mark in 2015 while posting a 68 percent save average and a 3.6 goals against average
• Member of the Thunder Lacrosse club team under head coach Mike Rabbitt
• Member of National Honor Society
• Son of Kevin and Bunny Hudson
• Father, Kevin, was a four-year member of the men’s rowing team at Cornell (Class of 1984)
• Has one brother, Austin
Davenport Field Ready for UnveilingBaseball2/20/18No. 15 Virginia hosts VMI at 5 p.m. Tuesday at Davenport Field, which has been expanded and upgraded since the end of last season.Prime Opportunity Eludes CavaliersWomen's Basketball2/18/18Virginia, which lost Sunday to ACC rival Miami at John Paul Jones Arena, has two regular-season games remaining, both on the road.Jackson Comfortable in Leading RoleWomen's Lacrosse2/16/18As a sophomore last season, Maggie Jackson led the Cavaliers in points, ground balls and draw controls and tied for the lead in assists.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 6 UVA Snatches Road Win at High Point, 18-12
M. Lacrosse | 2/20/2018
Kraus leads UVA with five goals and seven points
No. 6 UVA Heads to High Point for a Tuesday-Night Clash
M. Lacrosse | 2/19/2018
Aitken Leads No. 11 UVA Over Drexel, 13-8
M. Lacrosse | 2/17/2018
Sophomore midfielder scores four goals in Cavalier win
No. 11 Virginia Travels to Drexel on Saturday
M. Lacrosse | 2/15/2018
UVA Sweeps ACC Player of the Week Honors
M. Lacrosse | 2/12/2018
Laviano and Thompson honored for their play against then-No. 13 Loyola, helping the Cavaliers win...
Jeff White: Newcomer Provides Boost on Faceoffs
M. Lacrosse | 2/11/2018
A transfer from Monmouth, Justin Schwenk won 16 of 26 faceoffs Saturday in Virginia's season-open...
Aitken’s Goal Lifts UVA Over No. 13 Loyola in 2OT, 13-12
M. Lacrosse | 02/10/2018
Ian Laviano leads Cavaliers in collegiate debut with five goals and one assist to help the UVA...
UVA Hosts No. 13 Loyola in Season Opener on Saturday
M. Lacrosse | 02/08/2018
- Online Stores