TIFFANY ON HUDSON
“With a positive, clear perspective influenced from both strong family values and having attended Holy Cross, William provides a mindset that is both inspiring and alluring. As a goalie, this is incredibly beneficial as he needs to daily prepare for the onslaught of shots, especially in our up-tempo practices. With renewed confidence after returning from injury, William is ready to push for playing time and make our program better.”
• Appeared in two of UVA's 18 games
• Saw time against Dartmouth and VMI
• Joined the team as a walk-on during the 2017 spring after spending one season at Holy Cross
• Appeared in two of UVA's 15 games
• Made collegiate debut against Siena
• Also saw time against Cleveland State where he made one save
• Spent the 2016 season at Holy Cross, but did not appear in any games
• Three-year member of the varsity lacrosse team at the Westminster School under head coach Tony Souza
• Team won the Georgia state championships in 2013 and 2015
• 2014 and 2015 second-team all-state selection
• Led team to a school best 20-2 mark in 2015 while posting a 68 percent save average and a 3.6 goals against average
• Member of the Thunder Lacrosse club team under head coach Mike Rabbitt
• Member of National Honor Society
• Son of Kevin and Bunny Hudson
• Father, Kevin, was a four-year member of the men’s rowing team at Cornell (Class of 1984)
• Has one brother, Austin
Lynch Shines Again in His Season FinaleBaseball5/23/18In what was probably his final appearance for UVA, junior left-hander Daniel Lynch struck out seven Tuesday against Florida State in the ACC tournament.UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.Shared Vision Unites Mendenhall and WilliamsGeneral Release5/17/18Virginia's new athletics director, Carla Williams, has formed a strong working relationship with head football coach Bronco Mendenhall.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Falls in the NCAA Tournament at No. 6 Seed Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 5/13/2018
The Virginia Cavaliers (12-6) fell in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday night at...
Jeff White: Hooper Sets Bar High On and Off Field
M. Lacrosse | 5/11/2018
Defenseman Scott Hooper is a four-year starter for Virginia, which meets No. 6 seed Loyola in the...
UVA Opens NCAA Play at No. 6 Seed Loyola on Saturday Night
M. Lacrosse | 5/10/2018
UVA Draws Road Game at Loyola in First Round of NCAA...
M. Lacrosse | 5/6/2018
Virginia has received an at-large bid to the 2018 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship and will...
Matt Moore Named ACC Freshman of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 5/2/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse midfielder Matt Moore has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference&...
No. 9 UVA Cruises Past In-State Foe VMI, 17-8
M. Lacrosse | 5/1/2018
The No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (12-5) cruised past the VMI Keydets (2-11) on Tuesday night, 17-8, ...
Jeff White: Weekend Ends on Disappointing Note
M. Lacrosse | 04/29/2018
Virginia plays once more before the NCAA field is announced next Sunday night. UVA (11-5) hosts...
No. 9 UVA Hosts In-State Foe VMI on Tuesday
M. Lacrosse | 05/01/2018
- Online Stores