• Appeared in 10 of UVa's 15 games
• Mostly saw time running on UVa's second midfield
• Scored his only goal of the season at VMI (March 24)
• Appeared in 11 of UVa's 16 games
• Saw time on UVa's second midfield
• Scored first collegiate goal at Richmond (Feb. 8)
• Had a career-high three goals against VMI (March 24)
• Scored a goal and assisted another against No. 2 Duke (April 11)
• Picked up a season-high two ground balls vs. VMI (March 24)
• Appeared in two of UVa's games
• Made collegiate debut against VMI (Feb. 19)
• Picked up a season-high three ground balls and caused one turnover against the Keydets
• Also saw time against Mount St. Mary's (Feb. 26) where he caused another turnover
• Listed as the No. 46 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Listed as the No. 14 incoming midfielder in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Under Armour All-American
• Tallied 81 goals, 48 assists and 96 ground balls in 2012 at Metea Valley
• All-American and an Under-Armour All-Star in 2010 and 2011
• All-state performer at Metea Valley High School
• Two-time first team all-state honoree
• Four-time first team all-conference selection
• Led the state of Illinois in points in 2009 (108) and 2010 (108)
• Is the all-time leading scorer for the state of Illinois with 316 goals, 144 assists and 460 career points
• Is the all-time leading goal scorer for the state of Illinois with 316 goals
• Played football and was listed as a Top 50 football player on both offense and defense in DuPage County in 2010
• Academic all-conference
• Member of the honor roll
• Only footblal player at Metea Valley High School to play offense and defense (TE/DE)
• Part of the very first class at Metea Valley High School
• Son of Thomas and Pam Wood
• Has one brother, Nicklaus
• Father, Thomas, played two seasons of lacrosse at the Naval Academy
• Father, Thomas, started a youth lacrosse league in Illinois so Zach and his brother Nicklaus could play
• Loves to golf
• Community service includes teaching lacrosse to underprivileged kids in a program called Wounded Warriors
Wood's Career Statistics
Changes Mark New Era at Scott StadiumFootball8/28/16University of Virginia football fans will notice many changes in the team's first season under head coach Bronco Mendenhall.Revamped Cavaliers Ready for New SeasonMen's Soccer8/26/16Newcomers abound for the Virginia men's soccer team, which opens the season Friday night against Coastal Carolina at Klöckner Stadium.Stearns Making Mark on UniversityWomen's Soccer8/25/16A four-year starter for the Virginia women's soccer team, Morgan Stearns hold the program record for career victories by a goalkeeper.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Kirwan Eager to Get Up and Running
M. Lacrosse | 8/1/2016
Sean Kirwan, one of Virginia coach Lars Tiffany's new assistants, coordinated the nation's top...
Jeff White: Turner Embraces New Challenge at UVA
M. Lacrosse | 7/18/2016
Former UVA star Kip Turner is back at his alma mater as an assistant on new head coach Lars...
Lars Tiffany Announces Men's Lacrosse Coaching Staff
M. Lacrosse | 7/11/2016
Virginia men’s lacrosse head coach Lars Tiffany announced that Sean Kirwan and Kip Turner, ...
Jeff White: Tiffany Plans to Push Pace at UVA
M. Lacrosse | 6/21/2016
New head coach Lars Tiffany comes to Virginia from Brown, which went 16-3 and led the nation in...
Virginia Names Lars Tiffany Head Men's Lacrosse Coach
M. Lacrosse | 6/21/2016
Virginia athletics director Craig Littlepage announced Tuesday (June 21) that Lars Tiffany, the...
Four Cavaliers Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
M. Lacrosse | 6/20/2016
Four members of UVA’s men’s lacrosse team were named to the 2016 All-ACC Academic Men...
Cavaliers Place Two on the USILA All-America Team
M. Lacrosse | 05/28/2016
Virginia men’s lacrosse players Michael Howard and Zed Williams were named to the 2016...
Dom Starsia Departs as Virginia Men’s Lacrosse Coach
M. Lacrosse | 05/23/2016
University of Virginia director of athletics Craig Littlepage announced today that a change in...
- Online Stores