TIFFANY ON AMBROSINO
“Pound for pound, Zach is arguably the strongest of men in our program. Combining this power with his feverish awareness on the field makes for an alert, energetic physical defenseman who seeks out the body contact. Zach can be an intimidating matchup as he is unapologetic for his furious play. Even more importantly, Zach is evolving into a leader from within the program as he takes more ownership and serves as a beacon for the rest of us.”
• Appeared in 12 of UVA's 18 games with six starts on defense
• Picked up 8 ground balls and caused one turnover
• Missed four games with an injury
• Picked up a season-high three ground balls against Dartmouth
• Appeared in all 15 of UVA's games with 14 starts on defense
• Picked up 23 ground balls and caused 10 turnovers
• Picked up four ground balls and caused three turnovers against North Carolina
• Also picked up four ground balls against Drexel
• Appeared in 14 of UVA's 15 games with nine starts on defense
• Made collegiate debut against Loyola
• Picked up two ground balls against High Point
• Made first collegiate start at Cornell for the injured Tanner Scales
• Picked up two ground balls and caused three turnovers in 9-0 win over Richmond
• Listed as the No. 29 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Listed as the No. 7 defenseman in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Under Armour All-American
• USILA All-American
• NILCA All-American
• Two-time All-Western New England selection
• Western New England Defensive Player of the Year
• Also played football and was on the wrestling team
• Son of Gary and Julie Ambrosino
• Has a younger brother, Matthew
• Played drums for 10 years
UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.Shared Vision Unites Mendenhall and WilliamsGeneral Release5/17/18Virginia's new athletics director, Carla Williams, has formed a strong working relationship with head football coach Bronco Mendenhall.Lillie Helps Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceWomen's Golf5/16/18Beth Lillie, one of four freshmen named to the All-ACC team, is second in scoring average for UVA, which plays in the NCAA championships this week.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Falls in the NCAA Tournament at No. 6 Seed Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 5/13/2018
The Virginia Cavaliers (12-6) fell in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday night at...
Jeff White: Hooper Sets Bar High On and Off Field
M. Lacrosse | 5/11/2018
Defenseman Scott Hooper is a four-year starter for Virginia, which meets No. 6 seed Loyola in the...
UVA Opens NCAA Play at No. 6 Seed Loyola on Saturday Night
M. Lacrosse | 5/10/2018
UVA Draws Road Game at Loyola in First Round of NCAA...
M. Lacrosse | 5/6/2018
Virginia has received an at-large bid to the 2018 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship and will...
Matt Moore Named ACC Freshman of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 5/2/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse midfielder Matt Moore has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference&...
No. 9 UVA Cruises Past In-State Foe VMI, 17-8
M. Lacrosse | 5/1/2018
The No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (12-5) cruised past the VMI Keydets (2-11) on Tuesday night, 17-8, ...
Jeff White: Weekend Ends on Disappointing Note
M. Lacrosse | 04/29/2018
Virginia plays once more before the NCAA field is announced next Sunday night. UVA (11-5) hosts...
No. 9 UVA Hosts In-State Foe VMI on Tuesday
M. Lacrosse | 05/01/2018
- Online Stores