TIFFANY ON AMBROSINO
“Pound for pound, Zach is arguably the strongest of men in our program. Combining this power with his feverish awareness on the field makes for an alert, energetic physical defenseman who seeks out the body contact. Zach can be an intimidating matchup as he is unapologetic for his furious play. Even more importantly, Zach is evolving into a leader from within the program as he takes more ownership and serves as a beacon for the rest of us.”
• Appeared in all 15 of UVA's games with 14 starts on defense
• Picked up 23 ground balls and caused 10 turnovers
• Picked up four ground balls and caused three turnovers against North Carolina
• Also picked up four ground balls against Drexel
• Appeared in 14 of UVA's 15 games with nine starts on defense
• Made collegiate debut against Loyola
• Picked up two ground balls against High Point
• Made first collegiate start at Cornell for the injured Tanner Scales
• Picked up two ground balls and caused three turnovers in 9-0 win over Richmond
• Listed as the No. 29 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Listed as the No. 7 defenseman in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Under Armour All-American
• USILA All-American
• NILCA All-American
• Two-time All-Western New England selection
• Western New England Defensive Player of the Year
• Also played football and was on the wrestling team
• Son of Gary and Julie Ambrosino
• Has a younger brother, Matthew
• Played drums for 10 years
Prime Opportunity Eludes CavaliersWomen's Basketball2/18/18Virginia, which lost Sunday to ACC rival Miami at John Paul Jones Arena, has two regular-season games remaining, both on the road.Jackson Comfortable in Leading RoleWomen's Lacrosse2/16/18As a sophomore last season, Maggie Jackson led the Cavaliers in points, ground balls and draw controls and tied for the lead in assists.Eikhoff Eager to Assume Larger RoleBaseball2/15/18No. 15 Virginia, which opens the season Friday against No. 22 Central Florida, is counting on production from junior infield Nate Eikhoff.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Aitken Leads No. 11 UVA Over Drexel, 13-8
M. Lacrosse | 2/17/2018
Sophomore midfielder scores four goals in Cavalier win
No. 11 Virginia Travels to Drexel on Saturday
M. Lacrosse | 2/15/2018
UVA Sweeps ACC Player of the Week Honors
M. Lacrosse | 2/12/2018
Laviano and Thompson honored for their play against then-No. 13 Loyola, helping the Cavaliers win...
Jeff White: Newcomer Provides Boost on Faceoffs
M. Lacrosse | 2/11/2018
A transfer from Monmouth, Justin Schwenk won 16 of 26 faceoffs Saturday in Virginia's season-open...
Aitken’s Goal Lifts UVA Over No. 13 Loyola in 2OT, 13-12
M. Lacrosse | 2/10/2018
Ian Laviano leads Cavaliers in collegiate debut with five goals and one assist to help the UVA...
UVA Hosts No. 13 Loyola in Season Opener on Saturday
M. Lacrosse | 2/8/2018
UVA Broadcasting Schedule for Men's Lacrosse
M. Lacrosse | 02/09/2018
Ten of UVA's 15 games will appear on ESPN affiliated networks. UVA opens the 2018 season on Feb. ...
Davenport & Klöckner Clear Bag Policy & Entry...
M. Lacrosse | 01/31/2018
The Virginia athletics department announced today (Jan. 31) its clear bag policy and entrance...
- Online Stores