• Appeared in 10 of UVa's 15 games
• Mostly saw time running on UVa's second midfield
• Scored his only goal of the season at VMI (March 24)
• Appeared in 11 of UVa's 16 games
• Saw time on UVa's second midfield
• Scored first collegiate goal at Richmond (Feb. 8)
• Had a career-high three goals against VMI (March 24)
• Scored a goal and assisted another against No. 2 Duke (April 11)
• Picked up a season-high two ground balls vs. VMI (March 24)
• Appeared in two of UVa's games
• Made collegiate debut against VMI (Feb. 19)
• Picked up a season-high three ground balls and caused one turnover against the Keydets
• Also saw time against Mount St. Mary's (Feb. 26) where he caused another turnover
• Listed as the No. 46 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Listed as the No. 14 incoming midfielder in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Under Armour All-American
• Tallied 81 goals, 48 assists and 96 ground balls in 2012 at Metea Valley
• All-American and an Under-Armour All-Star in 2010 and 2011
• All-state performer at Metea Valley High School
• Two-time first team all-state honoree
• Four-time first team all-conference selection
• Led the state of Illinois in points in 2009 (108) and 2010 (108)
• Is the all-time leading scorer for the state of Illinois with 316 goals, 144 assists and 460 career points
• Is the all-time leading goal scorer for the state of Illinois with 316 goals
• Played football and was listed as a Top 50 football player on both offense and defense in DuPage County in 2010
• Academic all-conference
• Member of the honor roll
• Only footblal player at Metea Valley High School to play offense and defense (TE/DE)
• Part of the very first class at Metea Valley High School
• Son of Thomas and Pam Wood
• Has one brother, Nicklaus
• Father, Thomas, played two seasons of lacrosse at the Naval Academy
• Father, Thomas, started a youth lacrosse league in Illinois so Zach and his brother Nicklaus could play
• Loves to golf
• Community service includes teaching lacrosse to underprivileged kids in a program called Wounded Warriors
Wood's Career Statistics
Spring Football NotebookFootball4/20/18As part of the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend, spring football concludes for the Cavaliers with an open practice April 28 at Scott Stadium.Thompson Ready To Lead From FrontWomen's Basketball4/18/18The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at John Paul Jones Arena, where Tina Thompson was introduced as UVA's women's basketball coach.Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in PostseasonMen's Golf4/18/18Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's ACC tournament in good form.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 13 UVA and Vermont Meet Saturday in Connecticut
M. Lacrosse | 4/19/2018
Hooper Selected by Charlotte in the Fourth Round of the 2018...
M. Lacrosse | 4/18/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse defenseman Scott Hooper was selected in the 2018 Major League...
Jeff White: Kraus Sparkles Even in Defeat
M. Lacrosse | 4/14/2018
Sophomore attackman Michael Kraus had four goals and five assists -- both team highs -- in No. 10...
No. 3 Duke Outlasts No. 10 UVA, 18-13
M. Lacrosse | 4/14/2018
The No. 3 Duke Blue Devils (11-2, 3-1 ACC) outlasted the No. 10 Virginia Cavaliers (9-3, 1-3 ACC)...
No. 10 UVA hosts No. 3 Duke Saturday for Senior Day
M. Lacrosse | 4/12/2018
Virginia Announces Wahoowa Weekend for April 27-29
M. Lacrosse | 4/10/2018
The Virginia athletics department announced the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend today that is scheduled...
Kraus Named ACC Offensive Player of the Week
M. Lacrosse | 04/09/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse attackman Michael Kraus has been named the ACC Offensive Player of ...
No. 11 UVA Races Past No. 20 UNC, 15-12
M. Lacrosse | 04/07/2018
Michael Kraus scored seven points (3 goals, 4 assists) and Mike D’Amario added four goals...
- Online Stores