• Appeared in 10 of UVa's 15 games
• Mostly saw time running on UVa's second midfield
• Scored his only goal of the season at VMI (March 24)
• Appeared in 11 of UVa's 16 games
• Saw time on UVa's second midfield
• Scored first collegiate goal at Richmond (Feb. 8)
• Had a career-high three goals against VMI (March 24)
• Scored a goal and assisted another against No. 2 Duke (April 11)
• Picked up a season-high two ground balls vs. VMI (March 24)
• Appeared in two of UVa's games
• Made collegiate debut against VMI (Feb. 19)
• Picked up a season-high three ground balls and caused one turnover against the Keydets
• Also saw time against Mount St. Mary's (Feb. 26) where he caused another turnover
• Listed as the No. 46 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Listed as the No. 14 incoming midfielder in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Under Armour All-American
• Tallied 81 goals, 48 assists and 96 ground balls in 2012 at Metea Valley
• All-American and an Under-Armour All-Star in 2010 and 2011
• All-state performer at Metea Valley High School
• Two-time first team all-state honoree
• Four-time first team all-conference selection
• Led the state of Illinois in points in 2009 (108) and 2010 (108)
• Is the all-time leading scorer for the state of Illinois with 316 goals, 144 assists and 460 career points
• Is the all-time leading goal scorer for the state of Illinois with 316 goals
• Played football and was listed as a Top 50 football player on both offense and defense in DuPage County in 2010
• Academic all-conference
• Member of the honor roll
• Only footblal player at Metea Valley High School to play offense and defense (TE/DE)
• Part of the very first class at Metea Valley High School
• Son of Thomas and Pam Wood
• Has one brother, Nicklaus
• Father, Thomas, played two seasons of lacrosse at the Naval Academy
• Father, Thomas, started a youth lacrosse league in Illinois so Zach and his brother Nicklaus could play
• Loves to golf
• Community service includes teaching lacrosse to underprivileged kids in a program called Wounded Warriors
Wood's Career Statistics
Lynch Makes Timely Return to MoundBaseball5/28/16In his first appearance since April 13, freshman Daniel Lynch retired all four batters he faced Friday in Virginia's ACC tournament loss to Wake Forest.Transfers Eager to Help Lift ProgramFootball5/26/16UVA's football team added three transfers this spring: quarterback Kurt Benkert, offensive guard Jared Cohen and defensive end Jack Powers.Cavaliers' Reign Atop NCAA ContinuesMen's Tennis5/25/16With a 4-1 win over Oklahoma on Tuesday night, top-seeded Virginia captured its second straight NCAA men's title and third in four seasons.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Cavaliers Place Two on the USILA All-America Team
M. Lacrosse | 5/28/2016
Virginia men’s lacrosse players Michael Howard and Zed Williams were named to the 2016...
Dom Starsia Departs as Virginia Men’s Lacrosse Coach
M. Lacrosse | 5/23/2016
University of Virginia director of athletics Craig Littlepage announced today that a change in...
No. 2 Brown Ends Virginia's Season
M. Lacrosse | 5/1/2016
The No. 2 Brown Bears (14-1) outlast the Virginia Cavaliers (7-8) through two lightning delays on...
Jeff White: Cavaliers' Margin for Error Gone
M. Lacrosse | 4/29/2016
To become eligible for an NCAA tournament bid, Virginia (7-7) must upset second-ranked Brown (13-...
UVA to Face No. 2 Brown on Saturday in Georgia
M. Lacrosse | 4/28/2016
Howard Named to the Men’s Lacrosse All-ACC Squad
M. Lacrosse | 4/27/2016
Virginia’s Michael Howard was named to the men’s lacrosse All-Atlantic Coast...
Virginia Gets Road Win at Georgetown, 8-7
M. Lacrosse | 04/23/2016
The Virginia Cavaliers (7-7) earned a road win over the Georgetown Hoyas (2-11) on Saturday...
UVA Hits the Road Saturday Night at Georgetown
M. Lacrosse | 04/21/2016
- Online Stores