UVA has had at least one selections in 16 straight MLL Drafts
Conrad leads honorees on the third team
Conrad, Kraus and Williams all earn first-career All-ACC accolades
Senior shares honor with Duke’s Jack Bruckner
UVA senior is one of 50 male student-athletes named to the watch list
TIFFANY ON WILLIAMS
"There is an artistic approach to the game of lacrosse with which Zed brings to the field. He sees both space and teammates simultaneously as he explores the opposing defense and leaves his mark. Having moved to the attack position, Zed is being asked to play with few restrictions, allowing his creativity to flourish unabashedly. Exceptional at the two-man game as well, Zed has the unique ability and style that complement most of his teammates."
• Drafted in the 3rd round (22nd overall) of the 2017 MLL Draft by the Rochester Rattlers
• USILA All-American (HM)
• Inside Lacrosse All-American (HM)
• Tewaaraton Trophy Watch List
• Led UVA with 25 assists
• Second on the team with 52 points
• His 54 ground balls are No. 2 behind teammate Ryan Conrad for most in the nation by a non-defensive player or non-faceoff specialist
• Was the first player in the nation in 2017 to reach the 20-20, 30-30, 40-40 and 50-50 club in points and ground balls
• Only non-faceoff specialist to have at least 50 ground balls and 50 points
• Twice was named ACC Offensive Player of the Week
• Named USILA/BSN Division I Offensive National Player of the Week after scoring four second-half goals, including the OT winner against Cornell in the Pacific Coast Shootout in Costa Mesa, Calif.
• Picked up seven ground balls against Siena as an attackman
• Moved to attack in the fall of 2016
• Scored points in all 15 of UVA's games
• Scored four goals against Siena
• Scored three times at Penn
• Scored three goals and dished out one assist against North Carolina
• Scored twice at Duke and against Penn in the ACC-Penn Showcase
• USILA honorable mention All-American
• Preseason second-team All-American by Face-Off Yearbook
• Second on the team with 22 goals
• Third on the team with 28 points
• Second on the team with 54 ground balls
• One of four Cavaliers to start all 15 games
• Scored two goals at Drexel
• Scored five goal and dished one assist against High Point
• Scored two goals against Penn
• Started all 15 of UVA's games at midfield
• No. 4 on the team with 37 points courtesy of 20 goals and 17 assists
• Picked up 41 ground balls, mostly coming from the faceoff wing
• Scored three goals and dished out two assists in UVA's 13-12 win at No. 7 Loyola (Feb. 7)
• Tallied one goal and one assist in win over No. 16 Drexel (Feb. 14)
• Scored four goals and had one assist at Rutgers (Feb. 21)
• Assisted four goals in win over No. 8 Cornell (March 7)
• Scored four goals and tallied one assist, all in the second half, at No. 19 Johns Hopkins (March 21)
• Scored two goals and dished out an assist at No. 7 Duke (April 12)
• Scored two goals against Georgetown (April 18)
• Appeared in 14 of UVA's 16 games with one start
• Finished with 15 points (6-9-15), which ties for sixth-most for a true freshman midfielder during Dom Starsia's tenure at UVA
• Nine assists equal Chris LaPierre's freshman total for the most among UVA true freshmen that have played for Starsia
• Made first collegiate start at Richmond (Feb. 8)
• Made collegiate debut against No. 12 Loyola (Feb. 6)
• Picked up two ground balls and caused a turnover against the Greyhounds
• Made first career assist at Mount St. Mary's (Feb. 24)
• Scored first collegiate goal against No. 8 Syracuse (March 1)
• Also dished an assist against the Orange
• Had a career-high two assists and caused two turnovers against VMI (March 24)
• Matched career high with two assists at No. 5 North Carolina (April 5)
• Scored a career-high two goals and dished out two assists for a career-high four points against No. 2 Duke (April 11)
• Scored once vs. Johns Hopkins (May 11) in the NCAA Tournament
• Had a season-high three ground balls vs. Rutgers (Feb. 22)
• Listed as the No. 4 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Listed as the No. 2 incoming midfielder in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Under Armour All-American
• Broke two national career high school records (goals and points)
• Scored 444 career goals, breaking Grant Whiteway's (Billeraca, Mass.) record of 353
• Also broke the national high school career mark in points with 729, breaking Tim Stratton's (Manheim Township, Pa.) mark of 589
• Also tallied 285 career assists
• A varsity player since eighth grade, Williams racked up more than 100 points in five consecutive seasons
• Scored over 90 goals three times in high school
• In the eighth grade played varsity lacrosse and scored 74 goals and 28 assists
• Scored 101 goals and dished out 73 assists for 174 points in 2010
• Scored 99 goals and dished out 56 assists for 155 points in 2011
• Scored 75 goals and dished out 51 assists for 126 points in 2012
• Scored 95 goals and dished out 77 assists for 172 points in 2013
• Won the 2013 Borrelli Award as the outstanding lacrosse player in Western New York
• Three-time All-American
• Helped lead Silver Creek to five consecutive Class C Sectional titles
• After his junior season he had amassed 554 career points, surpassing the New York high school record held by Casey Powell, the former All-American from Syracuse
• Playing for the Six Nations Rebels of the Ontario Lacrosse Association, Williams helped guide the Rebels to their third consecutive Founder Cup title -- the Canadian Lacrosse Association's Junior B national championship.
• In 2012 he registered 30 goals and 37 assists in the regular season, 55 points in the OLA playoffs, and then put up 23 points in the Founders Cup tourney. He is also a standout football and basketball player.
• Son of Dan and Wendy Williams
• Member of the Seneca tribe and has lived his entire life on the Cattaraugus Reservation, which is a part of the Iroquois confederacy that is located just south of Buffalo, N.Y.
• Has four older brothers, Jon, JoJo, Zach and "Cornbread", and one younger brother, Sherman
• Has two older sisters, Samantha and Mary
• Enjoys spending time with his family
Hazzard Aiming to Uphold Family TraditionTrack & Field, Cross Country12/11/17A freshman from Long Island, New York, Halle Hazzard is the younger sister of Payton Hazzard, who was an All-America sprinter for the Cavaliers.UVA's Campbell Winners Share Special BondFootball12/6/17UVA is the only ACC school with multiple winners of the prestigious Campbell Trophy: Tom Burns in 1993 and Micah Kiser this year.'Hoos Draw Valuable Lessons from LossMen's Basketball12/6/17No. 15 Virginia heads into its exam break with an 8-1 record after losing 68-61 Tuesday night at No. 18 West Virginia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Lacrosse Season Tickets Now on Sale
M. Lacrosse | 11/28/2017
Season tickets for the 2018 Virginia men's and women's lacrosse seasons are now on sale. Virginia...
Tiffany Announces Men’s Lacrosse Captains for 2018
M. Lacrosse | 10/3/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse head coach Lars Tiffany announced that midfielder Ryan Conrad and...
Tiffany Welcomes the 2017 Recruiting Class
M. Lacrosse | 7/17/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse head coach Lars Tiffany welcomes the Virginia men’s lacrosse ...
Five Cavaliers Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
M. Lacrosse | 6/27/2017
Five members of the UVA men’s lacrosse team were named to the 2017 All-ACC Academic MenR...
Tanner Scales Named a USILA Scholar All-American
M. Lacrosse | 6/8/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse senior defenseman Tanner Scales has been named a USILA Scholar All-...
Three Cavaliers Selected in the 2017 MLL Draft
M. Lacrosse | 5/28/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse had three seniors selected in the 2017 Major League Lacrosse...
Cavaliers Place Four on the USILA All-America Team
M. Lacrosse | 05/24/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse players Dox Aitken, Ryan Conrad, Michael Kraus and Zed Williams...
Doug Knight to be Inducted into the US Lacrosse Hall of Fame
M. Lacrosse | 05/23/2017
Former Virginia men’s lacrosse attackman Doug Knight is a member of the 2017 US Lacrosse...
- Online Stores