Pannell, Tucker and Williams grace this year's watch list
• Started all 15 of UVa's games at midfield
• No. 4 on the team with 37 points courtesy of 20 goals and 17 assists
• Picked up 41 ground balls, mostly coming from the faceoff wing
• Scored three goals and dished out two assists in UVa’s 13-12 win at No. 7 Loyola (Feb. 7)
• Tallied one goal and one assist in win over No. 16 Drexel (Feb. 14)
• Scored four goals and had one assist at Rutgers (Feb. 21)
• Assisted four goals in win over No. 8 Cornell (March 7)
• Scored four goals and tallied one assist, all in the second half, at No. 19 Johns Hopkins (March 21)
• Scored two goals and dished out an assist at No. 7 Duke (April 12)
• Scored two goals against Georgetown (April 18)
• Appeared in 14 of UVa's 16 games with one start
• Finished with 15 points (6-9-15), which ties for sixth-most for a true freshman midfielder during Dom Starsia's tenure at UVa
• Nine assists equal Chris LaPierre's freshman total for the most among UVa true freshmen that have played for Starsia
• Made first collegiate start at Richmond (Feb. 8)
• Made collegiate debut against No. 12 Loyola (Feb. 6)
• Picked up two ground balls and caused a turnover against the Greyhounds
• Made first career assist at Mount St. Mary's (Feb. 24)
• Scored first collegiate goal against No. 8 Syracuse (March 1)
• Also dished an assist against the Orange
• Had a career-high two assists and caused two turnovers against VMI (March 24)
• Matched career high with two assists at No. 5 North Carolina (April 5)
• Scored a career-high two goals and dished out two assists for a career-high four points against No. 2 Duke (April 11)
• Scored once vs. Johns Hopkins (May 11) in the NCAA Tournament
• Had a season-high three ground balls vs. Rutgers (Feb. 22)
• Listed as the No. 4 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Listed as the No. 2 incoming midfielder in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Under Armour All-American
• Broke two national career high school records (goals and points)
• Scored 444 career goals, breaking Grant Whiteway's (Billeraca, Mass.) record of 353
• Also broke the national high school career mark in points with 729, breaking Tim Stratton's (Manheim Township, Pa.) mark of 589
• Also tallied 285 career assists
• A varsity player since eighth grade, Williams racked up more than 100 points in five consecutive seasons
• Scored over 90 goals three times in high school
• In the eighth grade played varsity lacrosse and scored 74 goals and 28 assists
• Scored 101 goals and dished out 73 assists for 174 points in 2010
• Scored 99 goals and dished out 56 assists for 155 points in 2011
• Scored 75 goals and dished out 51 assists for 126 points in 2012
• Scored 95 goals and dished out 77 assists for 172 points in 2013
• Won the 2013 Borrelli Award as the outstanding lacrosse player in Western New York
• Three-time All-American
• Helped lead Silver Creek to five consecutive Class C Sectional titles
• After his junior season he had amassed 554 career points, surpassing the New York high school record held by Casey Powell, the former All-American from Syracuse
• Playing for the Six Nations Rebels of the Ontario Lacrosse Association, Williams helped guide the Rebels to their third consecutive Founder Cup title -- the Canadian Lacrosse Association's Junior B national championship.
• In 2012 he registered 30 goals and 37 assists in the regular season, 55 points in the OLA playoffs, and then put up 23 points in the Founders Cup tourney. He is also a standout football and basketball player.
• Son of Dan and Wendy Williams
• Member of the Seneca tribe and has lived his entire life on the Cattaraugus Reservation, which is a part of the Iroquois confederacy that is located just south of Buffalo, N.Y.
• Has four older brothers, Jon, JoJo, Zach and "Cornbread", and one younger brother, Sherman
• Has two older sisters, Samantha and Mary
• Enjoys spending time with his family
Cavalier Football: Virginia Tech PostscriptFootball11/29/15Virginia's sixth season under head coach Mike London ended Saturday with a 23-20 loss to Virginia Tech at Scott Stadium.End Comes Too Soon for 'HoosWomen's Soccer11/28/15In women's soccer, Virginia finished with a 19-1-13 after falling in the NCAA quarterfinals to Rutgers in a penalty-kick shootout Friday at Klöckner Stadium.Stage Set for Season FinaleFootball11/27/15At noon Saturday, in the rivals' annual clash for the Commonwealth Cup, Virginia (4-7, 3-4) meets Virginia Tech (5-6, 3-4) at Scott Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Fall Ball Yields Positives for Cavaliers
M. Lacrosse | 10/22/2015
Virginia, which concluded fall practice with an intrasquad scrimmage last week, returns most of...
Starsia Announces Men's Lacrosse Captains for 2016
M. Lacrosse | 10/2/2015
Virginia men's lacrosse head coach Dom Starsia announced that midfielder Greg Coholan, attackman ...
Starsia Announces 2015 Team Awards
M. Lacrosse | 9/18/2015
In a fall tradition, Virginia men's lacrosse head coach Dom Starsia announced team award winners ...
Three Cavaliers Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
M. Lacrosse | 6/22/2015
Three members of UVa's men's lacrosse team were named to the 2015 All-ACC Academic Men's Lacrosse...
Barrett Headlines UVa's Four USILA All-America Honorees
M. Lacrosse | 5/21/2015
Earning second-team honors, Virginia's sophomore goalie Matt Barrett headlines four UVa men's...
Sacco, Tucker & Van Arsdale are Named USILA Scholar All-Amer...
M. Lacrosse | 5/18/2015
Virginia men's lacrosse senior defenseman Davi Sacco, senior midfielder Ryan Tucker and senior...
Starsia Announces 2015 Recruiting Class
M. Lacrosse | 05/11/2015
Virginia men's lacrosse head coach Dom Starsia announced the signing of 12 student-athletes for...
Jeff White: Curtain Falls on Lacrosse Season at Virginia
M. Lacrosse | 05/11/2015
For UVa's lacrosse teams, the end came Sunday at Klöckner Stadium. Each lost in the NCAA...
- Online Stores