• Played in 18 matches, starting 16
• Saw most of his playing time at right back
PRIOR TO VIRGINIA
• Spent his first two seasons at Liberty before joining UVA in time for 2016 spring season
• Played in 31 matches at Liberty with 22 starts
• Scored two goals and collected seven assists; both goals came in freshman season
• Led Liberty with four assists in 2014
• Scored first collegiate goal in 2-2 draw at Marshall (9/9/14)
• Assisted on game-winning goal in overtime in 2-1 win over Robert Morris (9/12/14)
• Netted goal against No. 25 Davidson (9/19/14)
• Named to Big South Presidential Honor Roll his freshman year
• 2013 National Soccer Coaches Association (NSCA) All-American
• Named First-Team All-State, Chicago Post-Tribune Player of the Year and The Times of Northwest Player of the Year in 2013
• Attended Crown Point High School and led team to 2A state championships in 2011 and 2013
• Recorded 52 points in 2013, scoring 19 goals and assisting on 14 others
• Named school's 2013-14 Male Athlete of the Year
• Named The Times of Northwest Player of the Year, all-state honorable mention and team's Most Valuable Attacker in 2011
• Member of Chicago Fire Academy U16 team in 2010-11 and U18 team in 2012-13
• Played with Real Salt Lake Academy in 2011-12
• Named to U15 National Team roster and selected for ODP Region II Interregional and International trips
• Graduated cum laude from Crown Point
• Parents are Dave and Shari Kurtz
• Father played college soccer at Lamar
• Oldest of six children; has three brothers, Brad, Brayden and Brody, and two sisters, Kammi and Georgia
Diakite's Impact Growing for CavaliersMen's Basketball12/15/17Redshirt sophomore Mamadi Diakite has been a positive presence around the basket for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts Davidson on Saturday afternoon at JPJ.Welsh Connection Adds to Bowl StorylinesFootball12/14/17Virginia (6-6) meets Navy (6-6) in the Military Bowl, Dec. 28 in Annapolis, Md. George Welsh is a former head coach of each team.Cooper Thriving Under New StaffSwimming & Diving12/12/17A senior from Atlanta and one of the team's captains, Caitlin Cooper set the UVA women's record in the 50-yard freestyle early this month in Athens, Georgia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Trio Gets VaSID All-State Nod
M. Soccer | 12/13/2017
The Virginia Sports Information Directors (VaSID) listed Sergi Nus, Jeff Caldwell and Jean-Christ...
Cavaliers Land Five on All-South Region Team
M. Soccer | 12/2/2017
A total of five Virginia men’s soccer players were listed on the 2017 United Soccer Coaches...
Jeff White: UVA Soccer Expects Continued Success in 2018
M. Soccer | 11/30/2017
UVA's soccer teams, whose seasons ended with NCAA tournament losses this month, are looking to...
11th-seeded Virginia Upset by Fordham in Second Round
M. Soccer | 11/19/2017
Fordham broke a scoreless tie in the 83rd minute to advance to the Third Round of the NCAA...
Virginia Hosts Fordham in NCAA Second Round
M. Soccer | 11/18/2017
No. 8 Virginia will be home on Sunday night to take on Fordham in the Second Round of the 2017...
Cavalier Pro Soccer Update
M. Soccer | 11/16/2017
A total of 11 former Virginia men’s soccer players are playing in various professional...
Virginia Earns No. 11 Seed, First-Round Bye in NCAA Tournament
M. Soccer | 11/13/2017
The Virginia men’s soccer team will have first-round bye and be the No. 11 seed in the...
No. 17 Virginia ties Wake Forest in Championship, Falls in PKs
M. Soccer | 11/12/2017
Sixth-seeded Virginia tied No. 1 Wake Forest, 0-0 but fell, 4-3 in a penalty kick shootout.
- Online Stores