Cavaliers erase two deficits, improve to 7-0 in non-ACC contests
Cavaliers tally third overtime win of 2017
Cavalier forward earns the second weekly honor of his career
George Gelnovatch registers career win No. 300
Sergi Nus scores game-winner in 95th minute to down UNCW
Men's Soccer vs. Tulsa (by Kelsey Grant)
• Named Second-Team All-American and First-Team All-Region by NSCAA
• Second-Team All-ACC honoree for second straight season
• Played and started in 18 matches at forward
• Missed two matches in September with ankle injury, including Louisville match
• Second on team and 14th in ACC with six goals, including five game-winning goals (second in the ACC)
• Ranked 13th nationally in game-winning goals
• Earned career-high three points against James Madison (10/28)
• Scored game-winning goals against Coastal Carolina, VCU, Hofstra, Notre Dame and William & Mary
• Named Third-Team All-ACC and to ACC All-Freshman Team
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Played in all 18 matches, starting 15 at forward (with most coming atop UVA's 4-2-3-1 formation)
• Scored UVA's first goal and assisted on Wesley Wade's game winner against Pitt (10/16)
• Scored his first college goal in win over Portland (10/5)
• Set Millbrook School records with 85 goals and 115 points
• Rated No. 34 prospect in 2015 class by College Soccer News and No. 147 by Top Drawer Soccer
• Named Co-MVP at 2014 High School All-America Soccer Game after scoring game-winning goal
• Was Western New England Prep School All-Select honoree each of his four years
• Came to United States from Ghana at age 15 through Right to Dream program
• Full name is Edward Opoku Yeboah Alexander
• Born in Ghana
• Parents are Regina Nkansah and Christina Lang; guardian is John Powers
• Has two siblings, sister Sophia Lang and brother Robert Lang
Williams Excited About Opportunity at UVAGeneral Release10/22/17The next athletics director at UVA will be Carla Williams, who's been a student--athlete, coach and an administrator at the University of Georgia.'Hoos Take Step Back in One-Sided LossFootball10/21/17For Virginia, which lost 41-10 to visiting Boston College on Saturday, the next opportunity to become bowl-eligible comes next weekend at Pitt.Green Adjusting to New SurroundingsWrestling10/20/17A transfer from Boise State, which dropped its wrestling program last spring, Fred Green is a candidate to start at 157 pounds for Virginia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Koffi Scores Electrifying Golden Goal in Double OT win over ...
M. Soccer | 10/20/2017
Junior Jean-Christophe Koffi scored the game-winning goal in the 107th minute, propelling No. 10 ...
No. 10 Virginia Hosts Pitt in Home Finale
M. Soccer | 10/19/2017
No. 10 Virginia looks to improve its position for the ACC Tournament with a match scheduled for 7...
No. 10 Virginia Upended by Radford at Home
M. Soccer | 10/17/2017
A second half Radford goal proved to the difference in a 1-0 victory over No. 10 Virginia. The...
No. 10 Virginia Closes Non-Conference Slate Tuesday vs. Radford
M. Soccer | 10/16/2017
No. 10 Virginia (9-1-3) will host Radford (7-4-2) on Tuesday night (Oct. 17) in a non-conference ...
No. 10 Virginia and NC State Play to 0-0 Draw
M. Soccer | 10/13/2017
No. 10 Virginia gained ground in the ACC Coastal Division standings after a 0-0 draw on the road...
No. 10 Virginia Preps for Road Match at NC State
M. Soccer | 10/12/2017
No. 10 Virginia will play its third road match of the season on Friday (Oct. 13) when they visit ...
Four Second-Half Goals Power No. 10 Virginia in Comeback Win
M. Soccer | 10/10/2017
No. 10 Virginia (9-1-2) came-from-behind twice and scored four second-half goals in a 4-2 win...
No. 11 Virginia Hosts Midweek Tilt Against Lehigh
M. Soccer | 10/09/2017
No. 11 Virginia will conclude its three-game home stand on Tuesday night with a non-conference...
- Online Stores