Aguilar and Wade score as Cavaliers rally from halftime deficit
Senior forward scored pair of goals Saturday vs. Clemson
Cavaliers come back from two goals down to earn a tie
Cavaliers finish regular season with 9-3-3 record (4-2-2 ACC)
Wade scores first two goals as Cavaliers come back to win convincingly
NCAA Men's Soccer vs. UCONN (by Jim Daves)
• Appeared in 15 matches in the Cavaliers’ attack, starting 14
• Sat out ACC tournament game at Louisville because of injury; also missed UVA’s first four matches while recovering from offseason knee surgery
• Tallied his first career multi-goal game against Clemson (9/17)
• Versatile presence for UVA, making three starts at midfielder, five at right back and two at forward (10 starts total)
• Missed first eight matches with leg injuries after sitting out entire 2014 season following ACL surgery
• Scored game-winning goal in NCAA tournament opener against Rider (11/19)
• Scored goal in his first game of 2015 against Louisville (10/2); goal came on his first shot of the season
• Recorded goal in second game vs. Portland (10/5)
• Assisted on Wesley Wade's second goal in UVA's win over Pitt (10/16)
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Redshirt season
• Sidelined after suffering offseason knee injury
• Played in 21 games, with 19 starts
• Named to ACC All-Tournament Team
• Scored UVA's second goal in ACC tournament against Notre Dame; also assisted on Nicko Corriveau's tying score and recorded winning penalty kick in shootout
• Set up UVA's game-winning penalty kick in overtime against Wake Forest in ACC quarterfinals with great through-ball to Jordan Allen, who then was fouled in box
• Recorded UVA's second goal against Maryland (10/11)
• Scored on penalty kick against NC State (9/20)
• Also picked up three assists in 2013 (Providence, Syracuse, Pitt)
• Missed three matches with groin injury
• Named to 2012 All-ACC Freshman Team
• Started all 21 games and logged third-most minutes on team (1,883) and most of UVA's midfielders
• Ranked fourth on team with seven points (two goals, three assists)
• Assisted on Eric Bird's goal in ACC quarters at Wake (11/6)
• Scored first UVA goal in 70th minute to help Cavaliers rally from 2-0 deficit in 3-2 OT win over Virginia Tech (10/19)
• Scored first career goal in Wright State match (10/16); also recorded an assist
• Recorded game-winning assist on Will Bates' goal in win over Duke (9/7)
• Ranked No. 25 on ESPNHS Class of 2012 150 College Prospects list
• Tabbed No. 18 on College Soccer News Top 150 Recruits list
• Four caps with U-18 Men's National Team
• Member of MLS SUM Cup championship team
• U.S. Development Academy select team
• Four-year starter at Georgetown Prep
• Three-time IAC first team
• Two-time First-Team All-Gazette
• All-Met honorable mention
• Three-year member of Maryland ODP Team
• Two-time Region I team
• Played four years with DC United Academy
• Parents are Ricardo and Kim Salandy-Defour
• Has one brother, Scott, who graduated from Maryland
Afamefuna Thriving in New RoleMen's Soccer4/24/17After making the ACC's All-Freshman team as a defender last fall, Virginia's Robin Afamefuna is looking to contribute more at the attacking end this year.'Hoos Head Into Postseason on High NoteWomen's Lacrosse4/22/17In its regular-season finale, Virginia clinched the No. 3 seed in the ACC tournament with a 6-5 win over Virginia Tech at Klöckner Stadium.Coleman Making Most of OpportunityFootball4/21/17Lester Coleman, who'll be a redshirt junior in the fall, has emerged as a strong candidate to succeed Nicholas Conte as Virginia's punter.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Afamefuna Thriving in New Role
M. Soccer | 4/24/2017
An ACC All-Freshman selection as a defender last fall, Virginia's Robin Afamefuna is looking to...
Caldwell, Lowe Named to All-ACC Academic Team
M. Soccer | 2/7/2017
Caldwell, a history major, earned his second All-ACC Academic Team distinction in as many seasons...
Claudio Reyna Named to Virginia Sports Hall of Fame
M. Soccer | 1/18/2017
UVA soccer alum played for 13 years with U.S. National Team and competed in four FIFA World Cups.
Opoku Named NSCAA Second-Team All-American
M. Soccer | 12/9/2016
Opoku finished second on the team with six goals in 2016, including five game-winning scores.
Opoku and Nus Earn NSCAA All-South Region Honors
M. Soccer | 12/6/2016
Opoku was a first-team selection at forward, while Nus earned a spot on the third team at defender.
Jeff White: Soccer Teams Turn Attention to 2017
M. Soccer | 12/2/2016
Virginia's soccer teams are fixtures in their respective NCAA tournaments, and 2017 should bring ...
UVA's Season Ends in Double OT Loss at Stanford
M. Soccer | 11/27/2016
Seeded No. 12 in the tournament, the Cavaliers finish their season with an 11-4-5 record.
UVA Travels to Stanford Sunday for NCAA 3rd Round
M. Soccer | 11/25/2016
- Online Stores