Aguilar and Wade score as Cavaliers rally from halftime deficit
Senior forward scored pair of goals Saturday vs. Clemson
Cavaliers come back from two goals down to earn a tie
Cavaliers finish regular season with 9-3-3 record (4-2-2 ACC)
Wade scores first two goals as Cavaliers come back to win convincingly
NCAA Men's Soccer vs. UCONN (by Jim Daves)
• Appeared in 15 matches in the Cavaliers’ attack, starting 14
• Sat out ACC tournament game at Louisville because of injury; also missed UVA’s first four matches while recovering from offseason knee surgery
• Tallied his first career multi-goal game against Clemson (9/17)
• Versatile presence for UVA, making three starts at midfielder, five at right back and two at forward (10 starts total)
• Missed first eight matches with leg injuries after sitting out entire 2014 season following ACL surgery
• Scored game-winning goal in NCAA tournament opener against Rider (11/19)
• Scored goal in his first game of 2015 against Louisville (10/2); goal came on his first shot of the season
• Recorded goal in second game vs. Portland (10/5)
• Assisted on Wesley Wade's second goal in UVA's win over Pitt (10/16)
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Redshirt season
• Sidelined after suffering offseason knee injury
• Played in 21 games, with 19 starts
• Named to ACC All-Tournament Team
• Scored UVA's second goal in ACC tournament against Notre Dame; also assisted on Nicko Corriveau's tying score and recorded winning penalty kick in shootout
• Set up UVA's game-winning penalty kick in overtime against Wake Forest in ACC quarterfinals with great through-ball to Jordan Allen, who then was fouled in box
• Recorded UVA's second goal against Maryland (10/11)
• Scored on penalty kick against NC State (9/20)
• Also picked up three assists in 2013 (Providence, Syracuse, Pitt)
• Missed three matches with groin injury
• Named to 2012 All-ACC Freshman Team
• Started all 21 games and logged third-most minutes on team (1,883) and most of UVA's midfielders
• Ranked fourth on team with seven points (two goals, three assists)
• Assisted on Eric Bird's goal in ACC quarters at Wake (11/6)
• Scored first UVA goal in 70th minute to help Cavaliers rally from 2-0 deficit in 3-2 OT win over Virginia Tech (10/19)
• Scored first career goal in Wright State match (10/16); also recorded an assist
• Recorded game-winning assist on Will Bates' goal in win over Duke (9/7)
• Ranked No. 25 on ESPNHS Class of 2012 150 College Prospects list
• Tabbed No. 18 on College Soccer News Top 150 Recruits list
• Four caps with U-18 Men's National Team
• Member of MLS SUM Cup championship team
• U.S. Development Academy select team
• Four-year starter at Georgetown Prep
• Three-time IAC first team
• Two-time First-Team All-Gazette
• All-Met honorable mention
• Three-year member of Maryland ODP Team
• Two-time Region I team
• Played four years with DC United Academy
• Parents are Ricardo and Kim Salandy-Defour
• Has one brother, Scott, who graduated from Maryland
Blount Eager to Assume Larger RoleFootball3/21/18The job will not be handed to rising sophomore Joey Blount. He'll have to earn it. This is head coach Bronco Mendenhall's program, after all. But after spending the 2017 season as free safety Quin Blanding's understudy, Blount is the leading candidate to take over in the secondary for the University of Virginia's all-time leading tackler.'Hoos Exit With Heads Held HighWomen's Basketball3/19/18In its first trip to the NCAA tourney since 2010, 10th-seeded Virginia went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating seventh-seeded Cal and losing to second-seeded South Carolina.'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA TourneyWomen's Basketball3/18/18A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the NCAA tournament's Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 2000.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Ryan Hopkins Hired as Assistant Men's Soccer Coach
M. Soccer | 2/14/2018
Ryan Hopkins has been hired as an assistant coach for the Virginia men's soccer program, as...
Virginia Will Be Part of U.S. Soccer Spring Program
M. Soccer | 2/8/2018
Seven-time national champion, Virginia will compete in the first-ever U.S. Soccer Spring Program,...
Caldwell, Opoku Selected in MLS SuperDraft
M. Soccer | 1/19/2018
Jeff Caldwell was selected in the first round by New York City FC and Edward Opoku was taken in...
Aguilar, Sullivan Selected in Third Round of SuperDraft
M. Soccer | 1/21/2018
The Houston Dynamo took both Pablo Aguilar and Sheldon Sullivan in the third round of the MLS...
Four Cavaliers Named to ACC All-Academic Team
M. Soccer | 2/1/2018
Goalkeeper Jeff Caldwell, honored for the third time in his career, was one of four Cavaliers...
Opoku Signs Generation Adidas Contract
M. Soccer | 1/11/2018
Virginia junior Edward Opoku signed a Generation adidas contract offer from Major League Soccer (...
Boss to Depart UVA, Named Oregon State Head Coach
M. Soccer | 12/28/2017
Associate Head Coach Terry Boss has been named the Head Men’s Soccer Coach at Oregon State ...
Aguilar, Caldwell Receive MLS Combine Invites
M. Soccer | 12/22/2017
Pablo Aguilar and Jeff Caldwell were among 60 College players invited to participate at the 2018 ...
- Online Stores