Caldwell records career-high seven saves for Cavaliers
Top images from the run to a seventh NCAA title
• Played in three matches
• Started at center forward for UVA’s NCAA tournament match at Stanford (11/27)
• Came off the bench to play in two games at defender: Coastal Carolina (8/26) and at Louisville (9/24)
• Played in five matches at defender, including starts at center back in each of UVA's last three matches (each postseason match)
• Started at Notre Dame in ACC tournament and vs. Rider and Maryland in NCAA tournament
• Also saw playing time off the bench in ACC matches against Louisville and North Carolina
• Played final 90 minutes (70 in regulation, 20 in extra time) off bench at center back in place of Sheldon Sullivan against UNC (10/30)
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Played in six matches off bench during his freshman season
• Saw time against Syracuse, James Madison, Pitt, George Mason, Duke and Wake Forest
• Played for New York Red Bulls Academy
• Earned three Northeast Division championships with academy team
• Team gave up fewest goals in country in 2012-13
• Played high school soccer his freshman and sophomore seasons
• Totaled 30 goals and 15 assists during his two seasons of high school soccer
• Was North Jersey Sophomore of the Year and an all-state honoree
• Also played basketball for two years; his team won league championship his sophomore year
• Graduated with honors
• Parents are Victor and Folu Odusote
• Uncle, Victor Ikpeba, played professional soccer with AS Monaco (1993-99) and Borussia Dortmund (1999-2002)
• Has two brothers, Timothy and Samuel, and one sister, Suzanna
• Born in London, England
UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.Shared Vision Unites Mendenhall and WilliamsGeneral Release5/17/18Virginia's new athletics director, Carla Williams, has formed a strong working relationship with head football coach Bronco Mendenhall.Lillie Helps Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceWomen's Golf5/16/18Beth Lillie, one of four freshmen named to the All-ACC team, is second in scoring average for UVA, which plays in the NCAA championships this week.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia to Play Maryland at Audi Field
M. Soccer | 5/15/2018
Cavaliers will play former ACC foe, Maryland on September 3, 2018 at Audi Field.
Barnold Takes Position with U.S. Soccer
M. Soccer | 5/4/2018
A.J. Barnold has landed a full-time role at U.S. Soccer, working closely with the United States...
Jeff White: Kessler Earning High Marks On and Off Field
M. Soccer | 4/12/2018
A rising sophomore who arrived at UVA in January 2017 with an associate's degree, Henry Kessler...
Ryan Hopkins Hired as Assistant Men's Soccer Coach
M. Soccer | 2/14/2018
Ryan Hopkins has been hired as an assistant coach for the Virginia men's soccer program, as...
Virginia Will Be Part of U.S. Soccer Spring Program
M. Soccer | 2/8/2018
Seven-time national champion, Virginia will compete in the first-ever U.S. Soccer Spring Program,...
Caldwell, Opoku Selected in MLS SuperDraft
M. Soccer | 1/19/2018
Jeff Caldwell was selected in the first round by New York City FC and Edward Opoku was taken in...
Aguilar, Sullivan Selected in Third Round of SuperDraft
M. Soccer | 01/21/2018
The Houston Dynamo took both Pablo Aguilar and Sheldon Sullivan in the third round of the MLS...
Four Cavaliers Named to ACC All-Academic Team
M. Soccer | 02/01/2018
Goalkeeper Jeff Caldwell, honored for the third time in his career, was one of four Cavaliers...
- Online Stores