Cavaliers advance to face Stanford next Sunday
Cavaliers clinch first-round home match in ACC tournament on Wednesday vs. NC State
Cavaliers score three second-half goals in runaway victory
Cavaliers earn first clean sheet of 2016 as Opoku, Aguilar and Wade score
Foss and Opoku score as Cavaliers win season opener
Men's Soccer vs. Tulsa (by Kelsey Grant)
• Appeared in 17 matches, starting five, including the NCAA Sweet 16 game at Stanford
• Scored three goals and added a pair of assists
• Scored game-tying goal off free kick in 76th minute in NCAA 2nd Round against Vermont (11/20)
• Scored the game-winning goal against Cornell (9/27)
• Was perfect from the penalty spot, scoring two goals
• One of 30 candidates for Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award for men’s soccer
• Led team with five assists
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Started team's last 17 matches, with 15 coming at left back before starting at right back against Rider and Maryland in NCAA tournament
• Scored both of his 2015 goals off free kicks against Louisville, including incredible game winner from midfield (10/2)
• His game winner against UofL was featured on ESPN's SportsCenter Top Plays
• Recorded assists on all three of UVA's goals against Portland (10/5)
• Named ACC Defensive Player of the Week following the Portland and Louisville performance
• Played in 15 matches at midfield, including one start
• Finished on Virginia's third penalty kick in NCAA championship game against UCLA (12/14)
• Converted on one of UVA's five PKs in NCAA quarterfinal win at Georgetown (12/6)
• Scored in 81st minute to tie match against Wake Forest (10/24)
• Assisted on Darius Madison's game-tying goal against James Madison (9/30)
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Appeared in 21 of 24 games, starting 14 matches at left back
• Recorded pair of goals and two assists
• Earned assist after Ryan Zinkhan scored off his cross in NCAA second-round win over St. John's (11/24)
• Sent in free kick that led to Brian James' game-winning goal against Boston College (11/8); first career assist
• Recorded game-tying score in regular-season match against Maryland (10/11)
• Scored first college goal off free kick against Providence (9/24)
• Enrolled for Spring 2013 semester and competed with team during spring season
• Named to Athletic Honor Roll in his first semester
• Full-time member of U.S. U17 National Team in 2010-11
• Joined U.S. during its preparation for 2011 U17 FIFA World Cup
• No. 31 recruit in College Soccer News' rankings
• No. 52 recruit according to Top Drawer Soccer
• Played with DC United Youth Academy and Reserve Team from 2010-12
• Captained DC United's U18 Academy Team and named to U.S. Developmental Academy Best XI Team in 2012
• Earned Golden Boot after scoring four goals in four matches in 2011 Ajax/AEGON Youth Cup in Amsterdam
• Led DC United's U17 Youth Academy squad to 2010 MLS SUM Cup
• Competed and trained for four years with U.S. Olympic Development Program
• Was home schooled by his mother, a 1987 UVa graduate
• Played soccer at Leesburg Christian his freshman year and led team to state championship; led state in scoring (25 goals) and was named MVP of state tournament
• Parents are Michael and Elizabeth Foss
• One of nine siblings; has four brothers: Michael, Christian, Stephen and Nicholas and four sisters: Mary Beth, Katie, Kari and Sarah
• Michael played soccer at George Mason from 2007-10
• Holds a black belt in Tae Kwon Do; former Virginia state champion in both individual sparring and individual forms
• Godfather is John Harkes, a former UVA and U.S. Men's National Team standout
Reinkensmeyer Moves Center StageFootball9/19/17Redshirt freshman Dillon Reinkensmeyer will make his third start for Virginia -- his second at center -- at Boise State on Friday night.'Hoos Savor Emphatic VictoryFootball9/16/17Virginia, which finished 2-10 in 2016, improved to 2-1 in its second season under head coach Bronco Mendenhall with a 38-18 win over UConn.Cross Training for Heavier WorkloadFootball9/15/17Redshirt freshman De'Vante Cross, who expected to play quarterback and receiver for Virginia this fall, is now practicing at cornerback, too.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Opoku Earns ACC Player of the Week Honor
M. Soccer | 9/18/2017
Junior Edward Opoku was named ACC Offensive Player of the Week after scoring both goals in a 2-1 ...
Opoku’s Two Goals Lead No. 12 Virginia Past Va Tech
M. Soccer | 9/15/2017
Junior Edward Opoku (Millbrook, N.Y.) recorded the first multi-goal game of his career in a 2-1...
No. 12 Virginia Resumes ACC Play at Va Tech Friday
M. Soccer | 9/14/2017
No. 12 Virginia continues Atlantic Coast Conference play on Friday (Sept. 15) when it travels to ...
Strong Second Half Lifts No. 12 Virginia Over Marquette
M. Soccer | 9/12/2017
A pair of second half goals were the difference for No. 12 Virginia in a 2-0 victory over Marquette.
No. 11 Virginia, No. 7 Syracuse Play to 2-2 Draw
M. Soccer | 9/8/2017
No. 11 Virginia and No. 7 Syracuseplayed to an exciting, 2-2 draw in front of 2,596 at Klöck...
Golden Goal Moves No. 12 Virginia to 3-0
M. Soccer | 9/4/2017
No. 12 Virginia prevailed in its second overtime game of the season for a 2-1 win over previously...
No. 12 Virginia and UNCW Clash on Labor Day
M. Soccer | 09/03/2017
No. 12 Virginia (2-0) is at home for the third-straight game this Monday night (Sept. 4) when it ...
Four Goals Power Virginia Past Hofstra
M. Soccer | 08/31/2017
No. 12 Virginia (2-0) recorded its first shutout of the 2017 season with a 4-0 victory over...
- Online Stores