Aguilar and Wade score as Cavaliers rally from halftime deficit
Senior forward scored pair of goals Saturday vs. Clemson
Cavaliers come back from two goals down to earn a tie
Cavaliers finish regular season with 9-3-3 record (4-2-2 ACC)
Wade scores first two goals as Cavaliers come back to win convincingly
NCAA Men's Soccer vs. UCONN (by Jim Daves)
• Appeared in 15 matches in the Cavaliers’ attack, starting 14
• Sat out ACC tournament game at Louisville because of injury; also missed UVA’s first four matches while recovering from offseason knee surgery
• Tallied his first career multi-goal game against Clemson (9/17)
• Versatile presence for UVA, making three starts at midfielder, five at right back and two at forward (10 starts total)
• Missed first eight matches with leg injuries after sitting out entire 2014 season following ACL surgery
• Scored game-winning goal in NCAA tournament opener against Rider (11/19)
• Scored goal in his first game of 2015 against Louisville (10/2); goal came on his first shot of the season
• Recorded goal in second game vs. Portland (10/5)
• Assisted on Wesley Wade's second goal in UVA's win over Pitt (10/16)
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Redshirt season
• Sidelined after suffering offseason knee injury
• Played in 21 games, with 19 starts
• Named to ACC All-Tournament Team
• Scored UVA's second goal in ACC tournament against Notre Dame; also assisted on Nicko Corriveau's tying score and recorded winning penalty kick in shootout
• Set up UVA's game-winning penalty kick in overtime against Wake Forest in ACC quarterfinals with great through-ball to Jordan Allen, who then was fouled in box
• Recorded UVA's second goal against Maryland (10/11)
• Scored on penalty kick against NC State (9/20)
• Also picked up three assists in 2013 (Providence, Syracuse, Pitt)
• Missed three matches with groin injury
• Named to 2012 All-ACC Freshman Team
• Started all 21 games and logged third-most minutes on team (1,883) and most of UVA's midfielders
• Ranked fourth on team with seven points (two goals, three assists)
• Assisted on Eric Bird's goal in ACC quarters at Wake (11/6)
• Scored first UVA goal in 70th minute to help Cavaliers rally from 2-0 deficit in 3-2 OT win over Virginia Tech (10/19)
• Scored first career goal in Wright State match (10/16); also recorded an assist
• Recorded game-winning assist on Will Bates' goal in win over Duke (9/7)
• Ranked No. 25 on ESPNHS Class of 2012 150 College Prospects list
• Tabbed No. 18 on College Soccer News Top 150 Recruits list
• Four caps with U-18 Men's National Team
• Member of MLS SUM Cup championship team
• U.S. Development Academy select team
• Four-year starter at Georgetown Prep
• Three-time IAC first team
• Two-time First-Team All-Gazette
• All-Met honorable mention
• Three-year member of Maryland ODP Team
• Two-time Region I team
• Played four years with DC United Academy
• Parents are Ricardo and Kim Salandy-Defour
• Has one brother, Scott, who graduated from Maryland
'Hoos Savor Emphatic VictoryFootball9/16/17Virginia, which finished 2-10 in 2016, improved to 2-1 in its second season under head coach Bronco Mendenhall with a 38-18 win over UConn.Cross Training for Heavier WorkloadFootball9/15/17Redshirt freshman De'Vante Cross, who expected to play quarterback and receiver for Virginia this fall, is now practicing at cornerback, too.Mack's Impact Continues to GrowFootball9/13/17Sophomore linebacker Jordan Mack had a career-high 16 tackles last weekend for Virginia (1-1), which meets UConn (1-0) on Saturday at Scott Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Opoku Earns ACC Player of the Week Honor
M. Soccer | 9/18/2017
Junior Edward Opoku was named ACC Offensive Player of the Week after scoring both goals in a 2-1 ...
Opoku’s Two Goals Lead No. 12 Virginia Past Va Tech
M. Soccer | 9/15/2017
Junior Edward Opoku (Millbrook, N.Y.) recorded the first multi-goal game of his career in a 2-1...
No. 12 Virginia Resumes ACC Play at Va Tech Friday
M. Soccer | 9/14/2017
No. 12 Virginia continues Atlantic Coast Conference play on Friday (Sept. 15) when it travels to ...
Strong Second Half Lifts No. 12 Virginia Over Marquette
M. Soccer | 9/12/2017
A pair of second half goals were the difference for No. 12 Virginia in a 2-0 victory over Marquette.
No. 11 Virginia, No. 7 Syracuse Play to 2-2 Draw
M. Soccer | 9/8/2017
No. 11 Virginia and No. 7 Syracuseplayed to an exciting, 2-2 draw in front of 2,596 at Klöck...
Golden Goal Moves No. 12 Virginia to 3-0
M. Soccer | 9/4/2017
No. 12 Virginia prevailed in its second overtime game of the season for a 2-1 win over previously...
No. 12 Virginia and UNCW Clash on Labor Day
M. Soccer | 09/03/2017
No. 12 Virginia (2-0) is at home for the third-straight game this Monday night (Sept. 4) when it ...
Four Goals Power Virginia Past Hofstra
M. Soccer | 08/31/2017
No. 12 Virginia (2-0) recorded its first shutout of the 2017 season with a 4-0 victory over...
- Online Stores