No. 6-seed Cavaliers move on to quarterfinals Sunday to play No. 3-seed Louisville
Cavaliers clinch first-round home match in ACC tournament on Wednesday vs. NC State
Cavaliers extend unbeaten streak to seven matches
Freshman scores in 84th minute as UVa remains unbeaten
Virginia wins PK shootout 4-2 for championship
Men's Soccer vs. Tulsa (by Kelsey Grant)
Cavaliers prevail in penalty kicks to claim their seventh national championship
Top images from the run to a seventh NCAA title
• Appeared in 19 of UVA’s 20 matches, including 11 starts
• Recorded two assists off the bench against William & Mary (10/18) and NC State (11/2)
• Spent most of his playing time on the left side of the midfield, but started both NCAA tournament matches at left back
• Started first 15 matches at center back
• Played full game in first 37 matches of his career over past two seasons (3,274 minutes)
• Prior to leaving North Carolina match with season-ending injury after 20 minutes, he was lone Cavalier to play every minute of every game in 2015
• Missed UVA's final three matches with injury
• Starting left back for most of season
• Named to College Soccer News 2014 All-Freshman Team (second team)
• Lone Cavalier to start all 23 matches; did not come off the field at any point during the season (team-leading 2,174 minutes)
• Named to NCAA College Cup All-Tournament Team
• Sent long ball into box and credited with assist on Todd Wharton's equalizer in final minute at Georgetown in NCAA quarters (12/6)
• Redshirt season
• Three-year starter at North Stafford High School
• Helped team to AAA state championship in 2011
• Two-time all-district honoree
• All-area honoree in 2012
• Was four-year starter on Virginia Youth Soccer Association State ODP team
• Starter on 2011 Virginia ODP national championship squad
• Four-year starter on Region 1 Olympic Development team
• Selected for adidas Super Group All-Star Team at Disney Showcase Inter-Regional Tournament in 2010
• Parents are Hugh and Audrey Sullivan
• Has one brother, Kyler, who played for UVA soccer team from 2011-14
Welsh Connection Adds to Bowl StorylinesFootball12/14/17Virginia (6-6) meets Navy (6-6) in the Military Bowl, Dec. 28 in Annapolis, Md. George Welsh is a former head coach of each team.Cooper Thriving Under New StaffSwimming & Diving12/12/17A senior from Atlanta and one of the team's captains, Caitlin Cooper set the UVA women's record in the 50-yard freestyle early this month in Athens, Georgia.Hazzard Aiming to Uphold Family TraditionTrack & Field, Cross Country12/11/17A freshman from Long Island, New York, Halle Hazzard is the younger sister of Payton Hazzard, who was an All-America sprinter for the Cavaliers.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Trio Gets VaSID All-State Nod
M. Soccer | 12/13/2017
The Virginia Sports Information Directors (VaSID) listed Sergi Nus, Jeff Caldwell and Jean-Christ...
Cavaliers Land Five on All-South Region Team
M. Soccer | 12/2/2017
A total of five Virginia men’s soccer players were listed on the 2017 United Soccer Coaches...
Jeff White: UVA Soccer Expects Continued Success in 2018
M. Soccer | 11/30/2017
UVA's soccer teams, whose seasons ended with NCAA tournament losses this month, are looking to...
11th-seeded Virginia Upset by Fordham in Second Round
M. Soccer | 11/19/2017
Fordham broke a scoreless tie in the 83rd minute to advance to the Third Round of the NCAA...
Virginia Hosts Fordham in NCAA Second Round
M. Soccer | 11/18/2017
No. 8 Virginia will be home on Sunday night to take on Fordham in the Second Round of the 2017...
Cavalier Pro Soccer Update
M. Soccer | 11/16/2017
A total of 11 former Virginia men’s soccer players are playing in various professional...
Virginia Earns No. 11 Seed, First-Round Bye in NCAA Tournament
M. Soccer | 11/13/2017
The Virginia men’s soccer team will have first-round bye and be the No. 11 seed in the...
No. 17 Virginia ties Wake Forest in Championship, Falls in PKs
M. Soccer | 11/12/2017
Sixth-seeded Virginia tied No. 1 Wake Forest, 0-0 but fell, 4-3 in a penalty kick shootout.
- Online Stores