- Made his collegiate debut at the Farnsworth Invitational at Princeton, N.J. (Oct. 6)
- Picked up his first collegiate victory in the qualifying tournament at the ITA Atlantic Regional, downing Hampton's Peter Odegbami 6-0, 7-6 (5) (Oct. 19)
- Advanced through qualifying to earn a spot in the main draw of the ITA Atlantic Regional and then picked up a victory over Liberty's Diego Castano in the first round to advance to the Round of 64
- Advanced to the Round of 16 in doubles at the ITA Atlantic Regional (Oct. 23)
- Played singles in seven dual matches in the spring, playing primarily at No. 6
- Played doubles in six duals, competing on court three
- Picked up his first conference win with a 7-5, 7-6 (4) win over BC's Max Palmer at No. 6 (March 16)
- Four-year letterwinner at Marist School, twice being named the MVP and twice earning the Team Captain award
- Helped lead his squad to four-straight AAAA Georgia State championships, the first-ever team to win four in a row
- Parents are Sally and Scott Dockter
- Father, Scott, was a four-year letterwinner in tennis at UVA
- His three older siblings, Jack, Kathryn and Sarah, have all attended Virginia. Jack swam one season for the Cavaliers
- Won the National Silver Medal for Scholastic Art award in high school as well as winning two Georgia Gold Key awards for Scholastic Art
- Undeclared major
Thompson Starts Laying GroundworkWomen's Basketball6/20/18Summer practice started Wednesday morning for the Virginia women's basketball team, which has a new head coach, Tina Thompson.Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Aswin Lizen Falls in NCAA Singles First Round
M. Tennis | 5/23/2018
Junior Aswin Lizen was eliminated with a 7-6, 6-3 loss to No. 10 Mazen Osama in the first round...
Lizen Begins NCAA Singles Championship Wednesday
M. Tennis | 5/22/2018
Junior Aswin Lizen will face Alabama's Mazen Osama on Wednesday, May 23 at 11:30 a.m. in the...
Ross Named ITA Atlantic Region Rookie of Year
M. Tennis | 5/21/2018
Freshman Gianni Ross was named the 2018 Atlantic Region Rookie of the Year, the 11th player in...
Virginia Falls to Columbia, 4-2
M. Tennis | 5/12/2018
The Cavaliers' season came to an end with a 4-2 loss to Columbia in the second round of the NCAA ...
Virginia Downs VCU 4-0 in NCAA Opener
M. Tennis | 5/11/2018
The Cavaliers advance to the second round where they will face No. 16 Columbia on Saturday, May...
Virginia Begins NCAA Championship Friday in NY
M. Tennis | 5/9/2018
The Virginia men's tennis team begins its title defense on Friday, May 11 at 10 a.m., taking on...
Two Cavaliers Named to All-ACC Teams
M. Tennis | 05/03/2018
Carl Söderlund was named First Team All-ACC while Aswin Lizen was named to the second team.
Two Cavaliers Selected for NCAA Singles Championship
M. Tennis | 05/02/2018
Sophomore Carl Söderlund and junior Aswin Lizen have earned spots in the 64-player field of ...
- Online Stores