Senior logged four wins against ranked opponents in the final week of the regular season
Senior talks about his trip to the White House as well as previewing the UNC match
Shane and Mac Styslinger will be co-captains for the 2016 season
Main draw runs from Dec. 1-6 in Tallahassee, Fla.
Three singles players and two doubles teams will be competing starting Monday at the Boar's Head Sports Club
Men's Tennis vs. George Washington (by Matt Riley)
Men's Tennis NCAA vs. USC (by Matt Riley)
Men's Tennis NCAA vs. Baylor (by Matt Riley)
Men's Tennis NCAA vs. Notre Dame (by Matt Riley)
Men's Tennis NCAA vs. Army (by Matt Riley)
• All-ACC First Team, his second-straight year of earning first-team honors and third overall all-conference award
• Has been ranked in the top-10 for singles since March 22 and top-10 of doubles since Feb. 23
• Named the ACC Player of the Week in the final week of the season after logging two wins in singles and two wins in doubles over ranked opponents including downing Wake Forest’s No. 14 Skander Mansouri en route to Virginia wrapping up its 13th-consecutive ACC regular-season title
• Logged his 100th career singles victory in the win against Wake’s Mansouri (Apr. 15)
• Was the USTA’s collegiate representative at this year’s White House Easter Egg roll, meeting President Obama while helping to teach tennis to kids at the event
• Ranked No. 2 in both preseason singles and doubles rankings; started the spring season ranked No. 11 in singles and No. 15 in doubles
• Competed in the main draw of the 2015 US Open, falling to No. 27 Jeremy Chardy 6-2, 6-1, 6-7, 6-2 in the first round (Aug. 31)
• Won the Oracle/ITA Masters Doubles title Corinteli, also playing in the singles bracket, winning the consolation final (Sept. 20)
• Won 1st pro singles title at Costa Mesa Pro Classic Futures (Sept. 27)
• Won the doubles title at the CarX Futures of Champaign (Ill.), partnering with his older brother, Justin (Aug. 15)
• Was the runner-up in singes at the Tallahassee Futures Tournament (Dec. 6)
• Fell in the semifinals of the USTA American Collegiate Invitational at the US Open (Sept. 11)
2014-15 SEASON - NCAA Team Champions
• NCAA Singles Champion
• ITA Singles and Doubles All-American
• Ended the season ranked No. 2 nationally in singles and No. 5 nationally in doubles
• NCAA Doubles Championship participant with Luca Corinteli (No. 3 seed)
• NCAA All-Tournament Team (No. 1 singles)
• First-Team All-ACC
• Had a 36-8 singles record and a 27-6 doubles record
• ITA National Indoor Championship semifinalist
• ITA Atlantic Regional Singles Champion
• ITA Atlantic Regional Doubles Champion with Corinteli
• ITA Atlantic Region Player to Watch
• 2nd Team All-ACC
• NCAA Singles Championship second round
• Ranked as high as No. 40 nationally in singles and ended the year at No. 43
• Had a 28-7 overall singles record, including a 20-2 dual match record
• Had a 3-5 doubles record
2012-13 SEASON - NCAA Team Champions
• NCAA Singles Championship Alternate
• Ranked as high as No. 22 nationally in singles and ended the year at No. 70
• Singles flight champion at the UVa Ranked+1 Invitational
• Advanced from Pre-Qualifying to Qualifying at the ITA All-American Championships
• Had a 20-6 overall singles record, including a 10-4 dual match record
• Had a 3-3 doubles record, all coming in the fall
• Blue chip recruit by tennisrecruiting.net
• Third place finish at the 2012 Boys Spring Championships
• Undefeated in high school tennis at JEB Stuart
• Three-time high school district champion
• Son of Alaine and Jack Shane
• Older brother, Justin, was a member the UVA tennis team from 2011-14
• Also has a younger brother, Zachary
• Major: Foreign Affairs
Margin of Error Gone for CavaliersMen's Lacrosse4/29/16To become eligible for an NCAA men's lacrosse tournament bid, Virginia (7-7) must upset second-ranked Brown (13-1) on Saturday night.UVA Spring Football NotebookFootball4/27/16With spring practice over, Virginia head coach Bronco Mendenhall and his assistants have turned their focus to recruiting.Cavaliers Push On With Heavy HeartsBaseball4/25/16No. 21 Virginia, coming off an emotionally draining weekend in Coral Gables, Fla., meets ODU at noon Tuesday in Norfolk at Harbor Park.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Harrison Richmond Competing at Tampa Futures Qualifying
M. Tennis | 5/2/2016
Redshirt junior Harrison Richmond made it to the finals of the qualifying for the Tampa USTA Men'...
Six Cavaliers Earn All-ACC Men’s Tennis Honors
M. Tennis | 4/28/2016
Ryan Shane (1st team), Thai-Son Kwiatkowski (2nd), Collin Altamirano (2nd), J.C. Aragone (3rd),...
UVA Comes Up Short in Third-Set Tiebreak, Falls 4-3 to Wake ...
M. Tennis | 4/24/2016
The ACC Championship was decided in a tiebreaker in the third set of No. 6 singles, with the...
No. 1 Virginia Rallies For a 4-3 Victory over No. 3 UNC
M. Tennis | 4/23/2016
After trailing 3-0, Virginia won four-straight singles matches to down UNC. UVA will take on Wake...
No. 1 Virginia Advances to the ACC Tournament Semifinals
M. Tennis | 4/22/2016
The Cavaliers downed NC State 4-1 to advance to Saturday's 2 p.m. semifinal against North Carolina.
No. 1 Virginia Competes at ACC Men's Tennis Championship
M. Tennis | 4/20/2016
The top-seeded Virginia men's tennis team will take on either NC State on Friday, April 22 at 12 ...
Ryan Shane Named ACC Men's Tennis Player of the Week
M. Tennis | 04/19/2016
Senior Ryan Shane was named the ACC Men's Tennis Player of the Week for the third time in his...
Virginia Downs Miami 7-0 in Regular-Season Finale
M. Tennis | 04/17/2016
The Cavaliers finish the season in sole possession of first place in the conference, winning...
- Online Stores