Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Senior will earn bachelor's degree from UVa next week
Sulzer is second three-time All-American in program history
Butler, DiCamillo and Sulzer compete for All-America honors this evening
DiCamillo advances to quarterfinals at 133 pounds
2014 NCAA Qualifier - 157 pounds
2014 ACC Champion - 157 pounds
AT VIRGINIA: 2014-15
• Automatic NCAA qualifier for second straight season after moving up two weight classes from 157 to 174 pounds
• Earned No. 5 seed at 174 pounds at NCAA Championships
• Was 3-2 at NCAA Championships, falling in Round of 12, one win short of All-America status
• Went 14-5 against 2015 NCAA qualifiers, including 5-5 mark against seeds
• Runner-up at ACC Championships (3/8)
• Ranked No. 6 in final 174 rankings by AWN, Flowrestling, InterMat and TheOpenMat; was No. 7 in final WIN rankings
• Finished with No. 1 RPI at 174
• Placed second at Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invitational (12/5-6); defeated three 2015 NCAA qualifiers, including then-No. 1-ranked Logan Storley of Minnesota in semifinals
• Was 4-1 in ACC duals
• Missed about a month because of injury, which kept him out of Southern Scuffle
• Graduated in May with bachelor’s degree in history
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Posted 22-8 record at 157 pounds, including 15-5 mark in duals
• Won ACC championship at 157 pounds
• Qualified for NCAA Championships for first time and earned No. 10 national seed at NCAAs
• Went 2-2 at NCAA Championships, including wins over Rutgers' Anthony Perrotti and Columbia's Markus Schedel
• Was 5-1 in conference action
• Placed sixth at Cliff Keen/Las Vegas Invitational (12/6-7)
• Earned nine wins against 2014 NCAA qualifiers, including victories over two national seeds: No. 4 Ian Miller of Kent State and No. 8 Roger Pena of Oregon State; lost twice in sudden-victory time fall to No. 7-seeded Brian Realbuto of Cornell (second came at NCAAs)
• Won 10 straight bouts prior to loss to Realbuto at NCAAs 2012-13
• Went 13-6 while competing at 157 pounds
• Won 157 title at Wolfpack Open (11/11)
• Placed third at Mat Town Open (11/24)
• Was 2-2 in dual competitions
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Redshirt season
• Went 20-9 while competing unattached in open tournaments
• Placed at four tournaments, including his last three
• Won the Appalachian Open (1/29), scoring a pair of falls among his four wins
• Placed third at Shorty Hitchcock Classic (1/15)
• Took fifth at Hokie Open (11/6) and Edinboro Open (2/11)
BOYLAN CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL
• Two-time All-State and All-American
• Cadet Freestyle All-American (2009)
• Junior Freestyle All-American (2010)
• Preseason National Runner-up (2010)
• FILA Cadet Runner-up (2010)
* Two-time NIC-10 MVP
• Four-time all-conference selection
• Four-time NIC-10 Scholar-Athlete
• Coached by Randy Smith at BCHS
• Also earned two letters in soccer while at BCHS
• Son of Martin and Debra Butler
• Father wrestled at Amherst College
• Has two brothers, Tyler and Alex
|Weight||Overall||Dual||ACC Dual||Dual Pts.||ACC||NCAA||MD||TF||Pins||Fastest|
Johnson Eager to Make Mark as CavalierMen's Basketball8/23/17The addition of graduate student Nigel Johnson, who averaged 11.3 points for Rutgers last season, strengthens UVA's backcourt.New Coaches Welcomed Into Cavaliers' FoldWomen's Rowing8/18/17Virginia's rowing team heads into 2017-18 with two new coaches: associate head coach Emily Ford and assistant Erin Neppel.Nelson Making Name for Himself in SecondaryFootball8/16/17Redshirt freshman Brenton Nelson, who was put on scholarship this month, is competing for a starting job in Virginia's nickel defense.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Paulsons Eager to Help Elevate UVA Wrestling
Wrestling | 7/25/2017
UVA head coach Steve Garland's new assistants are twins Travis and Trent Paulson, former All-Amer...
Trent Paulson Joins Virginia Wrestling Coaching Staff
Wrestling | 5/31/2017
NCAA Champion and three-time All-American Trent Paulson has joined the Virginia wrestling...
Virginia Wrestling Announces 2017 Recruiting Class
Wrestling | 5/12/2017
Virginia head wrestling coach Steve Garland announced the 2017 recruiting class on Friday, a...
Travis Paulson Joins UVA Wrestling As Assistant Coach
Wrestling | 5/2/2017
Virginia head coach Steve Garland announced the addition of three-time All-American Travis...
Five Wrestlers Named ACC All-Academic Team Selections
Wrestling | 4/17/2017
Five Virginia wrestlers were named to the ACC All-Academic Team on Monday for excellence in the...
DiCamillo, Mueller Take Pair Of ACC Awards
Wrestling | 3/28/2017
George DiCamillo was named ACC Wrestler of the Year and Jack Mueller was named ACC Freshman of...
DiCamillo Finishes Runner-Up At NCAA Championships
Wrestling | 03/18/2017
Virginia senior George DiCamillo matched the best individual finish in program history, finishing...
DiCamillo Advances To Finals Of NCAA Championships
Wrestling | 03/17/2017
Redshirt senior George DiCamillo advanced to the NCAA Championships finals and earned All-America...
- Online Stores