Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Senior will earn bachelor's degree from UVa next week
Sulzer is second three-time All-American in program history
Butler, DiCamillo and Sulzer compete for All-America honors this evening
DiCamillo advances to quarterfinals at 133 pounds
2014 NCAA Qualifier - 157 pounds
2014 ACC Champion - 157 pounds
AT VIRGINIA: 2014-15
• Automatic NCAA qualifier for second straight season after moving up two weight classes from 157 to 174 pounds
• Earned No. 5 seed at 174 pounds at NCAA Championships
• Was 3-2 at NCAA Championships, falling in Round of 12, one win short of All-America status
• Went 14-5 against 2015 NCAA qualifiers, including 5-5 mark against seeds
• Runner-up at ACC Championships (3/8)
• Ranked No. 6 in final 174 rankings by AWN, Flowrestling, InterMat and TheOpenMat; was No. 7 in final WIN rankings
• Finished with No. 1 RPI at 174
• Placed second at Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invitational (12/5-6); defeated three 2015 NCAA qualifiers, including then-No. 1-ranked Logan Storley of Minnesota in semifinals
• Was 4-1 in ACC duals
• Missed about a month because of injury, which kept him out of Southern Scuffle
• Graduated in May with bachelor’s degree in history
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Posted 22-8 record at 157 pounds, including 15-5 mark in duals
• Won ACC championship at 157 pounds
• Qualified for NCAA Championships for first time and earned No. 10 national seed at NCAAs
• Went 2-2 at NCAA Championships, including wins over Rutgers' Anthony Perrotti and Columbia's Markus Schedel
• Was 5-1 in conference action
• Placed sixth at Cliff Keen/Las Vegas Invitational (12/6-7)
• Earned nine wins against 2014 NCAA qualifiers, including victories over two national seeds: No. 4 Ian Miller of Kent State and No. 8 Roger Pena of Oregon State; lost twice in sudden-victory time fall to No. 7-seeded Brian Realbuto of Cornell (second came at NCAAs)
• Won 10 straight bouts prior to loss to Realbuto at NCAAs 2012-13
• Went 13-6 while competing at 157 pounds
• Won 157 title at Wolfpack Open (11/11)
• Placed third at Mat Town Open (11/24)
• Was 2-2 in dual competitions
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Redshirt season
• Went 20-9 while competing unattached in open tournaments
• Placed at four tournaments, including his last three
• Won the Appalachian Open (1/29), scoring a pair of falls among his four wins
• Placed third at Shorty Hitchcock Classic (1/15)
• Took fifth at Hokie Open (11/6) and Edinboro Open (2/11)
BOYLAN CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL
• Two-time All-State and All-American
• Cadet Freestyle All-American (2009)
• Junior Freestyle All-American (2010)
• Preseason National Runner-up (2010)
• FILA Cadet Runner-up (2010)
* Two-time NIC-10 MVP
• Four-time all-conference selection
• Four-time NIC-10 Scholar-Athlete
• Coached by Randy Smith at BCHS
• Also earned two letters in soccer while at BCHS
• Son of Martin and Debra Butler
• Father wrestled at Amherst College
• Has two brothers, Tyler and Alex
|Weight||Overall||Dual||ACC Dual||Dual Pts.||ACC||NCAA||MD||TF||Pins||Fastest|
'Hoos Find Winning Formula on RoadMen's Basketball1/14/17Led by senior London Perrantes and junior Marial Shayok, No. 19 Virginia defeated ACC rival Clemson 77-73 at Littlejohn Coliseum on Saturday.Salt Carving Out Niche at UVAMen's Basketball1/13/17Jack Salt, a redshirt sophomore from New Zealand, starts at center for No. 19 Virginia, which plays Saturday at ACC rival Clemson.Fong Helping Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceSwimming & Diving1/10/17The UVA men's swimming & diving team, which hosts Virginia Tech this weekend at the Aquatic & Fitness Center, is ranked No. 15 nationally.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Cavaliers Down Lock Haven To Win Virginia Duals Silver...
Wrestling | 1/14/2017
The No. 24 Virginia (8-3) wrestling team defeated Lock Haven on Saturday to win the Silver...
Cavaliers Down The Citadel, Bucknell At Virginia Duals
Wrestling | 1/13/2017
The No. 24 Virginia (7-3) wrestling team defeated The Citadel and Bucknell at the Virginia Duals ...
Cavaliers Open Competition At Virginia Duals Friday
Wrestling | 1/12/2017
The Cavaliers open competition at the Virginia Duals on Friday morning, facing The Citadel and...
Cavalier Trio Places At Southern Scuffle
Wrestling | 1/2/2017
Jack Mueller finished second, while Andrew Atkinson and George DiCamillo both finished fourth in ...
Three Cavaliers Advance To Southern Scuffle Semifinals
Wrestling | 1/1/2017
Three Cavaliers went undefeated on day one at the Southern Scuffle to advance to Monday's...
Virginia Opens New Year At Prestigious Southern Scuffle
Wrestling | 12/31/2016
The No. 24 Virginia wrestling team opens the new year in competition, beginning two days of...
No. 24 Virginia Defeats George Mason 27-10
Wrestling | 12/21/2016
The No. 24 Virginia wrestling program picked up a neutral-site victory on Wednesday, defeating...
No. 24 Virginia Faces George Mason In Neutral Site Meet...
Wrestling | 12/20/2016
The No. 24 Virginia wrestling team faces George Mason on Wednesday night at 7:30 p.m. at the St. ...
- Online Stores