Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Senior will earn bachelor's degree from UVa next week
Sulzer is second three-time All-American in program history
Butler, DiCamillo and Sulzer compete for All-America honors this evening
DiCamillo advances to quarterfinals at 133 pounds
2014 NCAA Qualifier - 157 pounds
2014 ACC Champion - 157 pounds
AT VIRGINIA: 2014-15
• Automatic NCAA qualifier for second straight season after moving up two weight classes from 157 to 174 pounds
• Earned No. 5 seed at 174 pounds at NCAA Championships
• Was 3-2 at NCAA Championships, falling in Round of 12, one win short of All-America status
• Went 14-5 against 2015 NCAA qualifiers, including 5-5 mark against seeds
• Runner-up at ACC Championships (3/8)
• Ranked No. 6 in final 174 rankings by AWN, Flowrestling, InterMat and TheOpenMat; was No. 7 in final WIN rankings
• Finished with No. 1 RPI at 174
• Placed second at Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invitational (12/5-6); defeated three 2015 NCAA qualifiers, including then-No. 1-ranked Logan Storley of Minnesota in semifinals
• Was 4-1 in ACC duals
• Missed about a month because of injury, which kept him out of Southern Scuffle
• Graduated in May with bachelor’s degree in history
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Posted 22-8 record at 157 pounds, including 15-5 mark in duals
• Won ACC championship at 157 pounds
• Qualified for NCAA Championships for first time and earned No. 10 national seed at NCAAs
• Went 2-2 at NCAA Championships, including wins over Rutgers' Anthony Perrotti and Columbia's Markus Schedel
• Was 5-1 in conference action
• Placed sixth at Cliff Keen/Las Vegas Invitational (12/6-7)
• Earned nine wins against 2014 NCAA qualifiers, including victories over two national seeds: No. 4 Ian Miller of Kent State and No. 8 Roger Pena of Oregon State; lost twice in sudden-victory time fall to No. 7-seeded Brian Realbuto of Cornell (second came at NCAAs)
• Won 10 straight bouts prior to loss to Realbuto at NCAAs 2012-13
• Went 13-6 while competing at 157 pounds
• Won 157 title at Wolfpack Open (11/11)
• Placed third at Mat Town Open (11/24)
• Was 2-2 in dual competitions
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Redshirt season
• Went 20-9 while competing unattached in open tournaments
• Placed at four tournaments, including his last three
• Won the Appalachian Open (1/29), scoring a pair of falls among his four wins
• Placed third at Shorty Hitchcock Classic (1/15)
• Took fifth at Hokie Open (11/6) and Edinboro Open (2/11)
BOYLAN CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL
• Two-time All-State and All-American
• Cadet Freestyle All-American (2009)
• Junior Freestyle All-American (2010)
• Preseason National Runner-up (2010)
• FILA Cadet Runner-up (2010)
* Two-time NIC-10 MVP
• Four-time all-conference selection
• Four-time NIC-10 Scholar-Athlete
• Coached by Randy Smith at BCHS
• Also earned two letters in soccer while at BCHS
• Son of Martin and Debra Butler
• Father wrestled at Amherst College
• Has two brothers, Tyler and Alex
|Weight||Overall||Dual||ACC Dual||Dual Pts.||ACC||NCAA||MD||TF||Pins||Fastest|
'Hoos Learn Painful Lessons in LossMen's Basketball12/3/16No. 6 Virginia's 24-game winning streak at John Paul Jones Arena ended Saturday with a 66-57 loss to No. 25 West Virginia.Soccer Teams Turn Attention to 2017Men's Soccer12/2/16The Virginia men's and women's soccer teams are fixtures in their respective NCAA tournaments, and 2017 should bring more success for both.Home-Court Advantage Proves Pivotal AgainMen's Basketball12/1/16No. 6 Virginia, which hosts No. 25 West Virginia on Saturday afternoon, has won 24 straight games at John Paul Jones Arena.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Picks Up 34-11 Win At No. 24 Chattanooga
Wrestling | 12/4/2016
Virginia got a pair of tech falls and three pins in the first six matches Sunday on the way to a ...
Virginia Takes Down Gardner-Webb With 22-18 Victory
Wrestling | 12/2/2016
Virginia got bonus points in four of its five match wins on Friday as the Cavaliers defeated...
Virginia Travels To Gardner-Webb, No. 25 Chattanooga
Wrestling | 12/1/2016
The Virginia wrestling team hits the road this weekend for road dual matches at Gardner-Webb and ...
Mason Wins Title For Virginia At Mat Town Open
Wrestling | 11/27/2016
Senior Will Mason claimed the championship at 133 pounds to lead Virginia at the Mat Town Open on...
Virginia Competes At Mat Town Open On Sunday
Wrestling | 11/26/2016
Members of the Virginia wrestling team continue competition this weekend at the Mat Town Open...
Virginia Defeats Lock Haven and Maryland in Tri-Meet
Wrestling | 11/20/2016
The Virginia wrestling team defeated Lock Haven, 24-16, and Maryland, 22-13, in its first home...
Virginia Hosts Lock Haven, Maryland Sunday
Wrestling | 11/19/2016
Virginia hosts home competition for the first time this season Sunday, welcoming Lock Haven and...
Virginia Drops Dual Match At No. 17 Central Michigan
Wrestling | 11/13/2016
Virginia got wins from Ray Bethea, George DiCamillo and Jack Mueller on Sunday at No. 17 Central ...
- Online Stores