Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Senior will earn bachelor's degree from UVa next week
Sulzer is second three-time All-American in program history
Butler, DiCamillo and Sulzer compete for All-America honors this evening
DiCamillo advances to quarterfinals at 133 pounds
2014 NCAA Qualifier - 157 pounds
2014 ACC Champion - 157 pounds
AT VIRGINIA: 2014-15
• Automatic NCAA qualifier for second straight season after moving up two weight classes from 157 to 174 pounds
• Earned No. 5 seed at 174 pounds at NCAA Championships
• Was 3-2 at NCAA Championships, falling in Round of 12, one win short of All-America status
• Went 14-5 against 2015 NCAA qualifiers, including 5-5 mark against seeds
• Runner-up at ACC Championships (3/8)
• Ranked No. 6 in final 174 rankings by AWN, Flowrestling, InterMat and TheOpenMat; was No. 7 in final WIN rankings
• Finished with No. 1 RPI at 174
• Placed second at Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invitational (12/5-6); defeated three 2015 NCAA qualifiers, including then-No. 1-ranked Logan Storley of Minnesota in semifinals
• Was 4-1 in ACC duals
• Missed about a month because of injury, which kept him out of Southern Scuffle
• Graduated in May with bachelor’s degree in history
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Posted 22-8 record at 157 pounds, including 15-5 mark in duals
• Won ACC championship at 157 pounds
• Qualified for NCAA Championships for first time and earned No. 10 national seed at NCAAs
• Went 2-2 at NCAA Championships, including wins over Rutgers' Anthony Perrotti and Columbia's Markus Schedel
• Was 5-1 in conference action
• Placed sixth at Cliff Keen/Las Vegas Invitational (12/6-7)
• Earned nine wins against 2014 NCAA qualifiers, including victories over two national seeds: No. 4 Ian Miller of Kent State and No. 8 Roger Pena of Oregon State; lost twice in sudden-victory time fall to No. 7-seeded Brian Realbuto of Cornell (second came at NCAAs)
• Won 10 straight bouts prior to loss to Realbuto at NCAAs 2012-13
• Went 13-6 while competing at 157 pounds
• Won 157 title at Wolfpack Open (11/11)
• Placed third at Mat Town Open (11/24)
• Was 2-2 in dual competitions
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Redshirt season
• Went 20-9 while competing unattached in open tournaments
• Placed at four tournaments, including his last three
• Won the Appalachian Open (1/29), scoring a pair of falls among his four wins
• Placed third at Shorty Hitchcock Classic (1/15)
• Took fifth at Hokie Open (11/6) and Edinboro Open (2/11)
BOYLAN CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL
• Two-time All-State and All-American
• Cadet Freestyle All-American (2009)
• Junior Freestyle All-American (2010)
• Preseason National Runner-up (2010)
• FILA Cadet Runner-up (2010)
* Two-time NIC-10 MVP
• Four-time all-conference selection
• Four-time NIC-10 Scholar-Athlete
• Coached by Randy Smith at BCHS
• Also earned two letters in soccer while at BCHS
• Son of Martin and Debra Butler
• Father wrestled at Amherst College
• Has two brothers, Tyler and Alex
|Weight||Overall||Dual||ACC Dual||Dual Pts.||ACC||NCAA||MD||TF||Pins||Fastest|
Spring Football NotebookFootball4/20/18As part of the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend, spring football concludes for the Cavaliers with an open practice April 28 at Scott Stadium.Thompson Ready To Lead From FrontWomen's Basketball4/18/18The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at John Paul Jones Arena, where Tina Thompson was introduced as UVA's women's basketball coach.Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in PostseasonMen's Golf4/18/18Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's ACC tournament in good form.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Atkinson, Hayes Named To ACC All-Academic Wrestling Team
Wrestling | 4/19/2018
A pair of Virginia wrestlers were recognized by the league office for achievement in competition ...
Cavaliers' Run At NCAA Championships Ends Friday
Wrestling | 3/16/2018
Virginia's run at the NCAA Championships came to an end on Friday night as Louie Hayes and Jack...
Hayes Advances To NCAA Championships Quarterfinals
Wrestling | 3/15/2018
Redshirt freshman Louie Hayes advanced to the quarterfinals of the NCAA Championships, pacing...
Virginia Opens Competition At NCAA Championships Thursday
Wrestling | 3/14/2018
Virginia begins competition at the NCAA Championships with six wrestlers taking the mat in...
Brackets, Seeds Announced For 2018 NCAA Wrestling Championships
Wrestling | 3/7/2018
Brackets and seeds were announced for the NCAA Championships on Wednesday with Louie Hayes and...
Atkinson, Schany Earn Bids To 2018 NCAA Championships
Wrestling | 3/6/2018
Andrew Atkinson and Will Schany both earned at-large bids to the 2018 NCAA Wrestling...
Four Cavaliers Place At ACC Championships Saturday
Wrestling | 03/03/2018
Four Cavaliers placed to lead Virginia at the ACC Wrestling Championships on Saturday at North...
Virginia Competes At ACC Wrestling Championships Saturday
Wrestling | 03/02/2018
The Virginia wrestling team competes for a sixth ACC Championship on Saturday at North Carolina's...
- Online Stores