Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Senior will earn bachelor's degree from UVa next week
Sulzer is second three-time All-American in program history
Butler, DiCamillo and Sulzer compete for All-America honors this evening
DiCamillo advances to quarterfinals at 133 pounds
2014 NCAA Qualifier - 157 pounds
2014 ACC Champion - 157 pounds
AT VIRGINIA: 2014-15
• Automatic NCAA qualifier for second straight season after moving up two weight classes from 157 to 174 pounds
• Earned No. 5 seed at 174 pounds at NCAA Championships
• Was 3-2 at NCAA Championships, falling in Round of 12, one win short of All-America status
• Went 14-5 against 2015 NCAA qualifiers, including 5-5 mark against seeds
• Runner-up at ACC Championships (3/8)
• Ranked No. 6 in final 174 rankings by AWN, Flowrestling, InterMat and TheOpenMat; was No. 7 in final WIN rankings
• Finished with No. 1 RPI at 174
• Placed second at Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invitational (12/5-6); defeated three 2015 NCAA qualifiers, including then-No. 1-ranked Logan Storley of Minnesota in semifinals
• Was 4-1 in ACC duals
• Missed about a month because of injury, which kept him out of Southern Scuffle
• Graduated in May with bachelor’s degree in history
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Posted 22-8 record at 157 pounds, including 15-5 mark in duals
• Won ACC championship at 157 pounds
• Qualified for NCAA Championships for first time and earned No. 10 national seed at NCAAs
• Went 2-2 at NCAA Championships, including wins over Rutgers' Anthony Perrotti and Columbia's Markus Schedel
• Was 5-1 in conference action
• Placed sixth at Cliff Keen/Las Vegas Invitational (12/6-7)
• Earned nine wins against 2014 NCAA qualifiers, including victories over two national seeds: No. 4 Ian Miller of Kent State and No. 8 Roger Pena of Oregon State; lost twice in sudden-victory time fall to No. 7-seeded Brian Realbuto of Cornell (second came at NCAAs)
• Won 10 straight bouts prior to loss to Realbuto at NCAAs 2012-13
• Went 13-6 while competing at 157 pounds
• Won 157 title at Wolfpack Open (11/11)
• Placed third at Mat Town Open (11/24)
• Was 2-2 in dual competitions
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Redshirt season
• Went 20-9 while competing unattached in open tournaments
• Placed at four tournaments, including his last three
• Won the Appalachian Open (1/29), scoring a pair of falls among his four wins
• Placed third at Shorty Hitchcock Classic (1/15)
• Took fifth at Hokie Open (11/6) and Edinboro Open (2/11)
BOYLAN CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL
• Two-time All-State and All-American
• Cadet Freestyle All-American (2009)
• Junior Freestyle All-American (2010)
• Preseason National Runner-up (2010)
• FILA Cadet Runner-up (2010)
* Two-time NIC-10 MVP
• Four-time all-conference selection
• Four-time NIC-10 Scholar-Athlete
• Coached by Randy Smith at BCHS
• Also earned two letters in soccer while at BCHS
• Son of Martin and Debra Butler
• Father wrestled at Amherst College
• Has two brothers, Tyler and Alex
|Weight||Overall||Dual||ACC Dual||Dual Pts.||ACC||NCAA||MD||TF||Pins||Fastest|
Cavalier Football Notebook: UNC WeekFootball10/21/16At 3 p.m. Saturday, UVA (2-4, 1-1) hosts Coastal Division rival North Carolina (5-2, 3-1) in an ACC football game at Scott Stadium.Lucas Playing Key Role in TurnaroundField Hockey10/20/16Carrera Lucas' play at goalkeeper has helped No.9 Virginia, which hosts No. 7 Louisville on Friday night, win seven of its past eight games.Media Day NotebookMen's Basketball10/18/16Virginia, which advanced to the NCAA tournament's Elite Eight in 2015-16, opens the season Nov. 11 against UNC Greensboro at the Greensboro Coliseum.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Wrestling To Hold Outdoor Practice, Meet The Team Day This...
Wrestling | 10/20/2016
The Virginia wrestling team will host its annual outdoor practice Saturday afternoon prior to...
Jordan Leen Elevated To Associate Head Coach
Wrestling | 10/7/2016
Jordan Leen, a former NCAA champion in his sixth season with the Virginia wrestling program, has ...
Virginia Announces Hiring Of Mark Ellis As Assistant Coach
Wrestling | 9/24/2016
Virginia head coach Steve Garland announced the hiring of NCAA Champion and two-time All-American...
Virginia Announces 2016-17 Wrestling Schedule
Wrestling | 8/30/2016
Virginia head coach Steve Garland announced the 2016-17 wrestling schedule on Tuesday, with dual ...
Three Virginia Wrestlers Named NWCA All-Academic
Wrestling | 5/9/2016
Three members of the Virginia wrestling team were selected as NWCA All-Academic honorees the...
Five Wrestlers Named All-ACC Academic Team Selections
Wrestling | 4/26/2016
Five members of the Virginia wrestling team were named All-ACC Academic Team selections the...
Virginia Announces Addition Of Edwin Rubio For 2016-17
Wrestling | 04/13/2016
Virginia head coach announced Wednesday that heavyweight Edwin Rubio has signed a financial aid...
Jay Aiello To Join Virginia Wrestling Program
Wrestling | 04/04/2016
Virginia head coach Steve Garland announced Monday that Jay Aiello has signed a financial aid...
- Online Stores