Three Cavaliers advance to semifinals on Saturday
UVa wins 25 of 30 bouts in victories over Anderson (S.C.), VMI and George Mason
Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
No. 13 Cavaliers top No. 14 Edinboro, 20-19, to earn title
Cavaliers top VMI (42-3) and Kent State (29-12) and fall to No. 20 Wisconsin (19-17)
• Went 8-13 while wrestling at 149 pounds
• Took runner-up honors at Lock Haven Invitational (12/29)
• Scored two wins each at Franklin & Marshall Open (1/3) and Shorty Hitchcock Memorial (1/18)
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Went 9-13, including 2-5 in duals
• Recorded four wins at Cleveland State Open (12/14)
• Earned three victories at Wolfpack Open, including pin of VMI's Hunter Hickman (11/17)
• Picked up dual wins over Anderson's Ian Harper and VMI's Shabaka Johns
• Was 5-10 during freshman season
• Competed in five open tournaments and one dual
• Posted two wins at Hokie Open (11/4) and Franklin & Marshall Open (1/5)
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Two-time Pennsylvania State Champion at 135 pounds (2011, 2012)
• 2011 National Prep Champion at 135 pounds
• Took third at 2010 and 2012 National Prep Championships
• 2011 NHSCA Junior All-American
• Took sixth place at 2012 Beast of the East
• Four-time state placewinner (third in 2010, fifth in 2009)
• First-Team All-Southereastern PA selection in 2011, second-team honoree in 2012
• Two-time All-Inter-Ac selection (2011, 2012)
• Coached by Steve Hill
• Parents are Chris and Barbara Yankowich
• Has three sisters: Rachelle, Ryan and Riley
• Born in Seattle, Wash.
|Weight||Overall||Dual||ACC Dual||Dual Pts.||ACC||NCAA||MD||TF||Pins||Fastest|
'Hoos Have Plenty in Reserve at JPJMen's Basketball11/26/15No. 12 Virginia received 30 points from its reserves in an 80-54 win over Lehigh on Wednesday night at John Paul Jones Arena.Cavalier Football Notebook -- Virginia Tech WeekFootball11/24/15At noon Saturday, Virginia (4-7, 3-4) closes the season against Virginia Tech (5-6, 3-4) at Scott Stadium.'Hoos Hit Their Stride In CharlestonMen's Basketball11/23/15In winning the Charleston (S.C.) Classic, the Virginia men's basketball team posted an average margin of victory of 25.7 points.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 23 Virginia Grabs 21-16 Win Over No. 15 Old Dominion
Wrestling | 11/15/2015
Heavyweight Pat Gillen set the tone early with a pin and freshman Fox Baldwin closed things out...
No. 23 Virginia Hosts No. 15 Old Dominion Sunday
Wrestling | 11/14/2015
The No. 23 Virginia wrestling team wrestles at home for the first time this season, hosting No....
No. 23 Virginia Drops Road Meet With No. 5 Ohio State
Wrestling | 11/13/2015
Garrett Peppelman and Zach Nye picked up victories for No. 23 Virginia as the Cavaliers traveled ...
No. 23 Virginia Travels To Face No. 5 Ohio State Friday
Wrestling | 11/12/2015
The No. 23 Virginia wrestling team continues to wrestle on the road Friday, traveling to face...
Virginia Downs SDSU, Grand Canyon At Gopher Duals
Wrestling | 11/7/2015
The Virginia wrestling team picked up a pair of wins at the Gopher Duals on Saturday, going 2-1...
Virginia Defeats No. 25 North Dakota State 25-14
Wrestling | 11/6/2015
Virginia won its final three bouts of the afternoon to rally for a 25-14 win over No. 25 North...
Virginia Travels To Face No. 25 North Dakota State Friday
Wrestling | 11/05/2015
Virginia competes in its first dual meet of the season when it travels to take on No. 25 North...
Jeff White: Team Takes Priority for Virginia Wrestlers
Wrestling | 11/04/2015
Fifth-year seniors Patrick Gillen and Ethan Hayes are battling for the starting job at...
- Online Stores