Four Cavaliers earn bonus-point victories
Six Cavaliers pick up wins in UVA's first ACC victory
Sulzer is second three-time All-American in program history
Butler, DiCamillo and Sulzer compete for All-America honors this evening
DiCamillo advances to quarterfinals at 133 pounds
Nine Virginia wrestlers competed in the NCAA Championships Thursday (March 21).
2013 ACC Freshman of the Year
2013, 2015 NCAA Qualifier - 133 pounds
2013, 2015 ACC Champion - 133 pounds
• Earned automatic qualification for NCAA Championships for second time
• Was No. 12 seed at 133 pounds at NCAAs
• Finished with 28-9 record (second on team in wins)
• Cruised to his second ACC championship at 133 pounds (3/8)
• Went 2-2 at NCAAs, including wins over Kevin Norstrem of Virginia Tech (MD, 8-0) and No. 5 seed Zane Richards of Illinois (SV, 6-4)
• Both losses at NCAAs came to seeds, including eventual national champion Cody Brewer (Oklahoma) and A.J. Schopp (Edinboro)
• Was 11-8 against 2015 NCAA qualifiers
• Eight of nine defeats came to ranked opponents, all of whom were seeded at NCAAs
• Ranked No. 11 in final TheOpenMat 133 rankings, No. 12 by Flowrestling, No. 13 by AWN and WIN and No. 14 by InterMat
• Went 5-0 in ACC duals – earned bonus points in three of five (all five decided by four-plus points)
• Placed sixth at Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invitational – suffered pair of one-point losses to top-10 opponents
• Won 133-pound championship at Hokie Open (11/10)
• Redshirt season
• Named ACC Freshman of the Year
• Set Virginia record for wins by a freshman as he went 33-10 on the season
• Won the ACC championship at 133 pounds - first Virginia freshman ACC champion since Gage Short at 177 pounds in 1995
• First Virginia freshman to earn a national seed at NCAA Championships (No. 11)
• Won the Hokie and Wolfpack opens at 133 pounds
• Placed fifth at 133 at Las Vegas Invitational and Southern Scuffle
• Wrestled 10 of the top 20-ranked wrestlers (in final poll) during season
• Was 13-9 against 2013 NCAA qualifiers
• Wrestled seven of the NCAA Championships' national seeds (No. 2 Tony Ramos of Iowa, No. 5 Chris Dardanes of Minnesota, No. 6 Nathan McCormick of Missouri, No. 7 Jonathon Morrison of Oklahoma State, No. 9 Levi Wolfensperger of Northern Iowa, No. 10 Scotti Sentes of Central Michigan, No. 12 Jordan Conaway of Penn State)
• Went 4-1 in ACC dual competition; lone loss came to Maryland's Geoffrey Alexander
• Lost in sudden victory time to then-No. 6 Nathan McCormick of Missouri at Las Vegas Invitational and No. 5 Chris Dardanes of Minnesota at Southern Scuffle
• Won the first two college tournaments of his career, the Hokie Open (11/4) and Wolfpack Open (11/11)
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
SAINT IGNATIUS HIGH SCHOOL
• Two-time Ohio state champion (112 pounds in 2011, 120 pounds in 2012)
• Three-time Walsh Ironman champion
• Finished with 152-7 career record
• Set school records for most wins and best career record
• Won his matches at the Dapper Dan Wrestling Classic and for Team USA at Dream Team Classic
• Coached by Mark Sullivan
• Parents are Ralph and Mary Lou DiCamillo
• Has one sister, Marissa
|Weight||Overall||Dual||ACC Dual||Dual Pts.||ACC||NCAA||MD||TF||Pins||Fastest|
Rivalry Win Continues Cavaliers' AscentMen's Basketball2/10/16In defeating Virginia Tech for the 10th time in the rivals' past 12 meetings, seventh-ranked Virginia never trailed Tuesday night at John Paul Jones Arena.Even-Keeled Cavaliers Ready for RematchMen's Basketball2/9/16At 8 p.m. Tuesday, No. 7 Virginia meets ACC rival Virginia Tech at John Paul Jones Arena. The Hokies upset the Cavaliers last month in Blacksburg.Short-Handed Cavaliers' Struggles ContinueWomen's Basketball2/8/16Since losing All-ACC guard Faith Randolph, the Virginia women's basketball team has lost six of eight games. UVA hosts Syracuse on Thursday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 23 Virginia Grabs 21-16 Win Over No. 15 Old Dominion
Wrestling | 11/15/2015
Heavyweight Pat Gillen set the tone early with a pin and freshman Fox Baldwin closed things out...
No. 23 Virginia Hosts No. 15 Old Dominion Sunday
Wrestling | 11/14/2015
The No. 23 Virginia wrestling team wrestles at home for the first time this season, hosting No....
No. 23 Virginia Drops Road Meet With No. 5 Ohio State
Wrestling | 11/13/2015
Garrett Peppelman and Zach Nye picked up victories for No. 23 Virginia as the Cavaliers traveled ...
No. 23 Virginia Travels To Face No. 5 Ohio State Friday
Wrestling | 11/12/2015
The No. 23 Virginia wrestling team continues to wrestle on the road Friday, traveling to face...
Virginia Downs SDSU, Grand Canyon At Gopher Duals
Wrestling | 11/7/2015
The Virginia wrestling team picked up a pair of wins at the Gopher Duals on Saturday, going 2-1...
Virginia Defeats No. 25 North Dakota State 25-14
Wrestling | 11/6/2015
Virginia won its final three bouts of the afternoon to rally for a 25-14 win over No. 25 North...
Virginia Travels To Face No. 25 North Dakota State Friday
Wrestling | 11/05/2015
Virginia competes in its first dual meet of the season when it travels to take on No. 25 North...
Jeff White: Team Takes Priority for Virginia Wrestlers
Wrestling | 11/04/2015
Fifth-year seniors Patrick Gillen and Ethan Hayes are battling for the starting job at...
- Online Stores