Sam Book, Jake Keating, Fred Green and Brian Kennerly all place to lead Virginia
Fred Green takes first at 157; Courtney, Keating, Kennerly and Kiyono also place
• Missed the first two weeks of the season as he recovered from off-season surgery
• Posted an 11-14 record at 157 pounds
• Went 1-4 in ACC duals with a win over Solomon Chishko of Virginia Tech (2/11)
• Took first place at the Mat Town Open (11/17), going 3-0
• Also took fourth place at the Cleveland State Open (12/16) going 3-1
• Went 2-2 at the Southern Scuffle, winning both of his matches by fall
• Posted six bonus-point victories, including four falls and two major decisions
AT BOISE STATE
• Posted a 20-18 record in the 2016-17 season with team-leading 10 falls at 157 pounds
• Went 6-5 in dual meets as a redshirt freshman
• Finished fourth at 157 pounds in the Pac 12 Tournament with a 2-2 mark
• Won two matches over top-25 opponents in 2016-17
• Won by decision over No. 17 B.J. Clagon (Rider) and No. 16 Clay Ream (NDSU)
• Redshirted in 2015-16 with a 29-10 record while wrestling at 157 and 165
• Won with five major decisions, three tech falls and 18 pins as an unattached wrestler
• Wrestled in eight tournaments in his redshirt season
• Four-time state champion at Orting High School under head coach Jody Coleman
• Named Most Outstanding Wrestler as a senior at the Tri-State Championship
• Two-time Tacoma Athletic Commission/Key Bank Athlete of the Year (2013, 2014)
• Served as ASB President as a senior at Orting
• Four-time WIAA Academic Athletic Award winner
• Member of the National Honor Society
• Son of Fred Green and Brandie Betz
• Has one sister, Hannah
Thompson Starts Laying GroundworkWomen's Basketball6/20/18Summer practice started Wednesday morning for the Virginia women's basketball team, which has a new head coach, Tina Thompson.Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Mueller Sets Sights on World Title
Wrestling | 6/11/2018
Early this month, rising junior Jack Mueller clinched a spot on the U.S. team for the U23...
Mueller Secures Spot On U23 World Team
Wrestling | 6/3/2018
Rising junior Jack Mueller secured a spot on the U23 World Team when he won his weight class at...
UVA Wrestlers Open Competition At U23 World Team Trials...
Wrestling | 6/1/2018
Twelve members of the Virginia wrestling team compete for a spot on the U23 World Team at the...
Virginia Wrestlers Achieve Academic Success In Spring Semester
Wrestling | 5/22/2018
Members of the Virginia wrestling program achieved academic success this spring with five earning...
Cavaliers Experience Success At 2018 US Open Championships
Wrestling | 4/30/2018
Members of the UVA wrestling program and the Cavalier Wrestling Club RTC experienced success over...
NWCA Tabs Atkinson, Hayes As All-Academic Selections
Wrestling | 4/23/2018
The National Wrestling Coaches Association (NWCA) has tabbed Virginia wrestlers Andrew Atkinson...
Atkinson, Hayes Named To ACC All-Academic Wrestling Team
Wrestling | 04/19/2018
A pair of Virginia wrestlers were recognized by the league office for achievement in competition ...
Cavaliers' Run At NCAA Championships Ends Friday
Wrestling | 03/16/2018
Virginia's run at the NCAA Championships came to an end on Friday night as Louie Hayes and Jack...
- Online Stores