Mueller takes second while Atkinson and DiCamillo both take fourth
Cavalier senior wins top-20 bout to open 2016-17 campaign
Cavalier's season ends on near fall at buzzer to Utah Valley's Jade Rauser
DiCamillo, Nye remain alive for day two at NCAA Championships
Five Cavaliers begin competition at Madison Square Garden Thursday morning
Nine Virginia wrestlers competed in the NCAA Championships Thursday (March 21).
2013 ACC Freshman of the Year
2013, 2015, 2016 NCAA Qualifier - 133 pounds
2013, 2015, 2016 ACC Champion - 133 pounds
• Earned All-ACC honors as ACC Champion at 133 pounds
• Became seventh UVA wrestler to win three ACC Championships
• Earned his third NCAA Championships berth
• Posted a 29-5 mark
• Posted seven falls, four tech falls and seven major decisions
• Went 10-1 in dual meets and 4-0 in ACC dual meets
• Opened the season 9-0 before suffering his first loss to No. 5 Johnni DiJulius at No. 5 Ohio State (11/13)
• Went 5-3 vs. nationally-ranked foes
• Finished third at 133 pounds at Cliff Keen Invitational (12/4-12/5)
• Wins over then No. 20 Joey Palmer (Oregon State), No. 15 Zach Synon (Missouri), No. 5 Johni DiJulius by medical forfeit (Ohio State) No 7 Earl Hall (Iowa State) at Cliff Keen
• Only Cliff Keen loss came to eventual national champion Nashon Garrett (Cornell)
• Placed third at the Southern Scuffle (1/1-1/2)
• Went 2-2 at the NCAA Championships
• Earned automatic qualification for NCAA Championships for second time
• Was No. 12 seed at 133 pounds at NCAAs
• Finished with 28-9 record (second on team in wins)
• Cruised to his second ACC championship at 133 pounds (3/8)
• Went 2-2 at NCAAs, including wins over Kevin Norstrem of Virginia Tech (MD, 8-0) and No. 5 seed Zane Richards of Illinois (SV, 6-4)
• Both losses at NCAAs came to seeds, including eventual national champion Cody Brewer (Oklahoma) and A.J. Schopp (Edinboro)
• Was 11-8 against 2015 NCAA qualifiers
• Eight of nine defeats came to ranked opponents, all of whom were seeded at NCAAs
• Ranked No. 11 in final TheOpenMat 133 rankings, No. 12 by Flowrestling, No. 13 by AWN and WIN and No. 14 by InterMat
• Went 5-0 in ACC duals – earned bonus points in three of five (all five decided by four-plus points)
• Placed sixth at Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invitational – suffered pair of one-point losses to top-10 opponents
• Won 133-pound championship at Hokie Open (11/10)
• Redshirt season
• Named ACC Freshman of the Year
• Set Virginia record for wins by a freshman as he went 33-10 on the season
• Won the ACC championship at 133 pounds - first Virginia freshman ACC champion since Gage Short at 177 pounds in 1995
• First Virginia freshman to earn a national seed at NCAA Championships (No. 11)
• Won the Hokie and Wolfpack opens at 133 pounds
• Placed fifth at 133 at Las Vegas Invitational and Southern Scuffle
• Wrestled 10 of the top 20-ranked wrestlers (in final poll) during season
• Was 13-9 against 2013 NCAA qualifiers
• Wrestled seven of the NCAA Championships' national seeds (No. 2 Tony Ramos of Iowa, No. 5 Chris Dardanes of Minnesota, No. 6 Nathan McCormick of Missouri, No. 7 Jonathon Morrison of Oklahoma State, No. 9 Levi Wolfensperger of Northern Iowa, No. 10 Scotti Sentes of Central Michigan, No. 12 Jordan Conaway of Penn State)
• Went 4-1 in ACC dual competition; lone loss came to Maryland's Geoffrey Alexander
• Lost in sudden victory time to then-No. 6 Nathan McCormick of Missouri at Las Vegas Invitational and No. 5 Chris Dardanes of Minnesota at Southern Scuffle
• Won the first two college tournaments of his career, the Hokie Open (11/4) and Wolfpack Open (11/11)
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
SAINT IGNATIUS HIGH SCHOOL
• Two-time Ohio state champion (112 pounds in 2011, 120 pounds in 2012)
• Three-time Walsh Ironman champion
• Finished with 152-7 career record
• Set school records for most wins and best career record
• Won his matches at the Dapper Dan Wrestling Classic and for Team USA at Dream Team Classic
• Coached by Mark Sullivan
• Parents are Ralph and Mary Lou DiCamillo
• Has one sister, Marissa
|Weight||Overall||Dual||ACC Dual||Dual Pts.||ACC||NCAA||MD||TF||Pins||Fastest|
'Hoos Find Winning Formula on RoadMen's Basketball1/14/17Led by senior London Perrantes and junior Marial Shayok, No. 19 Virginia defeated ACC rival Clemson 77-73 at Littlejohn Coliseum on Saturday.Salt Carving Out Niche at UVAMen's Basketball1/13/17Jack Salt, a redshirt sophomore from New Zealand, starts at center for No. 19 Virginia, which plays Saturday at ACC rival Clemson.Fong Helping Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceSwimming & Diving1/10/17The UVA men's swimming & diving team, which hosts Virginia Tech this weekend at the Aquatic & Fitness Center, is ranked No. 15 nationally.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Cavaliers Down Lock Haven To Win Virginia Duals Silver...
Wrestling | 1/14/2017
The No. 24 Virginia (8-3) wrestling team defeated Lock Haven on Saturday to win the Silver...
Cavaliers Down The Citadel, Bucknell At Virginia Duals
Wrestling | 1/13/2017
The No. 24 Virginia (7-3) wrestling team defeated The Citadel and Bucknell at the Virginia Duals ...
Cavaliers Open Competition At Virginia Duals Friday
Wrestling | 1/12/2017
The Cavaliers open competition at the Virginia Duals on Friday morning, facing The Citadel and...
Cavalier Trio Places At Southern Scuffle
Wrestling | 1/2/2017
Jack Mueller finished second, while Andrew Atkinson and George DiCamillo both finished fourth in ...
Three Cavaliers Advance To Southern Scuffle Semifinals
Wrestling | 1/1/2017
Three Cavaliers went undefeated on day one at the Southern Scuffle to advance to Monday's...
Virginia Opens New Year At Prestigious Southern Scuffle
Wrestling | 12/31/2016
The No. 24 Virginia wrestling team opens the new year in competition, beginning two days of...
No. 24 Virginia Defeats George Mason 27-10
Wrestling | 12/21/2016
The No. 24 Virginia wrestling program picked up a neutral-site victory on Wednesday, defeating...
No. 24 Virginia Faces George Mason In Neutral Site Meet...
Wrestling | 12/20/2016
The No. 24 Virginia wrestling team faces George Mason on Wednesday night at 7:30 p.m. at the St. ...
- Online Stores