Cavaliers' Van Hoose posts upset victory over No. 10 Mike Racciato
Both teams win five bouts in nip-and-tuck battle
Cavaliers win seven of 10 weight classes to improve to 17-3
Cavaliers win seven of 10 bouts, highlighted by Spisak upset at 141 pounds
Spisak earns runner-up honors at 141, Sulzer takes third at 165
• Wrestled in one dual meet and at the ACC Championships
• Defeated No. 10 Mike Racciato (Pitt) in an 11-4 decision on 2/19
• Posted a 1-2 record after going 0-2 at the ACC Championships at 141 pounds
• Scored 8-3 win over Virginia Tech’s Gerald Ronnau in dual in Blacksburg (2/1)
• Five of his nine defeats came to NCAA qualifiers
• Posted 10-12 record, including 10-9 mark at 141 pounds
• Scored pair of wins at 141 in Southern Scuffle (1/1-2)
• Picked up three wins at Wolfpack Open (11/17)
• Wrestled up a weight class at 149 for UVa's ACC duals against Pitt, North Carolina and NC State
• Went 5-9 during freshman season, primarily competing in open tournaments
• Competed in one dual, falling 5-2 to Ohio's Kagan Squire (11/3)
• Posted three wins at Wolfpack Open (11/11)
KIRKSVILLE HIGH SCHOOL
• Four-time Missouri state champion (112, 125, 130 and 138 pounds)
• 2012 State Wrestler of the Year
• 2011 District Wrestler of the Year
• Four-time Academic All-America and All-State honoree
• Coached by Kevin Powell
• Ran on cross country team in 2010
• Parents are Eddie and Kelley VanHoose
• Has one brother, Jacob
|Weight||Overall||Dual||ACC Dual||Dual Pts.||ACC||NCAA||MD||TF||Pins||Fastest|
'Hoos Exit With Heads Held HighWomen's Basketball3/19/18In its first trip to the NCAA tourney since 2010, 10th-seeded Virginia went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating seventh-seeded Cal and losing to second-seeded South Carolina.'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA TourneyWomen's Basketball3/18/18A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the NCAA tournament's Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 2000.End Comes Too Soon for No. 1 CavaliersMen's Basketball3/17/18In the NCAA tournament's first round, No. 1 seed Virginia lost 74-54 to No. 16 seed UMBC in a South Region game in Charlotte, N.C.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Cavaliers' Run At NCAA Championships Ends Friday
Wrestling | 3/16/2018
Virginia's run at the NCAA Championships came to an end on Friday night as Louie Hayes and Jack...
Hayes Advances To NCAA Championships Quarterfinals
Wrestling | 3/15/2018
Redshirt freshman Louie Hayes advanced to the quarterfinals of the NCAA Championships, pacing...
Virginia Opens Competition At NCAA Championships Thursday
Wrestling | 3/14/2018
Virginia begins competition at the NCAA Championships with six wrestlers taking the mat in...
Brackets, Seeds Announced For 2018 NCAA Wrestling Championships
Wrestling | 3/7/2018
Brackets and seeds were announced for the NCAA Championships on Wednesday with Louie Hayes and...
Atkinson, Schany Earn Bids To 2018 NCAA Championships
Wrestling | 3/6/2018
Andrew Atkinson and Will Schany both earned at-large bids to the 2018 NCAA Wrestling...
Four Cavaliers Place At ACC Championships Saturday
Wrestling | 3/3/2018
Four Cavaliers placed to lead Virginia at the ACC Wrestling Championships on Saturday at North...
Virginia Competes At ACC Wrestling Championships Saturday
Wrestling | 03/02/2018
The Virginia wrestling team competes for a sixth ACC Championship on Saturday at North Carolina's...
Brackets, Seeds Announced For ACC Wrestling Championships
Wrestling | 02/27/2018
The brackets and seeds for the 2018 ACC Wrestling Championships were announced on Tuesday by the ...
- Online Stores