Atkinson, Mueller and Krivus continue on in consolation bracket on Friday morning
Six Cavaliers begin quest for NCAA Championships in opening round Thursday morning
Hayes earns No. 12 seed at 125 pounds, while Mueller earns No. 10 seed at 133 pounds
Hayes and Mueller take second-place finishes, while Atkinson and Krivus both take third
Atkinson, Hayes earn first-round byes as one of the top two seeds at their weight class
• Competed unattached at 125 pounds with an 18-8 record during a redshirt season
• Went 7-1 in matches decided by fall, 2-0 in tech falls and 3-1 in major decisions
• Finished third at the Clarion Open (11/6) losing only to teammate Jack Mueller
• Finished third at the Cleveland State Open (12/17) with a 4-1 record
• Finished third at the Wilkes Open (12/22) with a 5-1 record
• Went 1-2 at the Southern Scuffle with a win over No. 3 Dylan Peters of N. Iowa (1/1)
• Finished fourth at the Appalachian Open (1/28)
• Lettered four years at Carl Sandberg High School under Eric Sebert
• Three-time team captain, serving in the role his sophomore through senior years
• IHSA State Champion
• Ranked No. 13 at 113 pounds as a senior
• Junior Freestyle National Champion
• Junior Greco-Roman National Champion
• Four-time Honor Roll Athlete
• Son of Lori and Phil Hayes
• Has nine siblings, five brothers and four sisters
• Father, Phil, played golf at St. Norberts
|Weight||Overall||Dual||ACC Dual||Dual Pts.||ACC||NCAA||MD||TF||Pins||Fastest|
'Hoos Exit With Heads Held HighWomen's Basketball3/19/18In its first trip to the NCAA tourney since 2010, 10th-seeded Virginia went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating seventh-seeded Cal and losing to second-seeded South Carolina.'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA TourneyWomen's Basketball3/18/18A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the NCAA tournament's Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 2000.End Comes Too Soon for No. 1 CavaliersMen's Basketball3/17/18In the NCAA tournament's first round, No. 1 seed Virginia lost 74-54 to No. 16 seed UMBC in a South Region game in Charlotte, N.C.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Cavaliers' Run At NCAA Championships Ends Friday
Wrestling | 3/16/2018
Virginia's run at the NCAA Championships came to an end on Friday night as Louie Hayes and Jack...
Hayes Advances To NCAA Championships Quarterfinals
Wrestling | 3/15/2018
Redshirt freshman Louie Hayes advanced to the quarterfinals of the NCAA Championships, pacing...
Virginia Opens Competition At NCAA Championships Thursday
Wrestling | 3/14/2018
Virginia begins competition at the NCAA Championships with six wrestlers taking the mat in...
Brackets, Seeds Announced For 2018 NCAA Wrestling Championships
Wrestling | 3/7/2018
Brackets and seeds were announced for the NCAA Championships on Wednesday with Louie Hayes and...
Atkinson, Schany Earn Bids To 2018 NCAA Championships
Wrestling | 3/6/2018
Andrew Atkinson and Will Schany both earned at-large bids to the 2018 NCAA Wrestling...
Four Cavaliers Place At ACC Championships Saturday
Wrestling | 3/3/2018
Four Cavaliers placed to lead Virginia at the ACC Wrestling Championships on Saturday at North...
Virginia Competes At ACC Wrestling Championships Saturday
Wrestling | 03/02/2018
The Virginia wrestling team competes for a sixth ACC Championship on Saturday at North Carolina's...
Brackets, Seeds Announced For ACC Wrestling Championships
Wrestling | 02/27/2018
The brackets and seeds for the 2018 ACC Wrestling Championships were announced on Tuesday by the ...
- Online Stores