Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Bison claim final four bouts
Three Cavaliers advance to semifinals on Saturday
Cavaliers top Bison, 20-15, and Bulldogs, 33-3
Eleven Cavaliers place in tournament
• Was 9-8 at 125 pounds, including 3-4 mark in UVa duals
• Selected to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed fifth at 125 at Hokie Open, going 4-1 with lone loss coming to eventual NCAA runner-up Zeke Moisey of West Virginia (11/9)
• Posted pair of wins at Southern Scuffle before exiting tournament with injury (1/1); scored 4-2 decision over NCAA qualifier Evan Silver in his first bout at Scuffle
• Posted 11-3 record at 125 pounds, including 2-0 mark in duals
• Competed in three open tournaments, placing in two
• Won the 125 championship at Appalachian State Open (1/25)
• Took runner-up honors at Cleveland State Open (12/14)
• Earned bonus points in each of his dual wins: pin against Anderson's Cory Monteforte (11/2) and major decision against VMI's Dalton Henderson (11/10)
• Redshirt season
• Competed in seven open tournaments at 125 pounds, compiling 18-13 record
• Placed in each of his final three tournaments
• Was runner-up at Franklin & Marshall Open (1/5)
• Placed fourth at Edinboro Open (2/9) and National Collegiate Open (2/24)
CAPE HENRY COLLEGIATE SCHOOL
• Four-time Virginia Private State Champion
• Four-time Prep All-American
• Posted 202-22 career record
• 2011 Beast of the East Champion (120 pounds)
• 2010 Prep National Champion (103 pounds)
• Named school's Senior Male Athlete of the Year
• Two-time team captain
• Coached by Jack Effner
• Also was midfielder on lacrosse team for four years
• Member of Spanish National Honor Society
• Parents are Mike and Karen Mason
• Has two brothers, Cole and Drew; Cole wrestled at Division III Cornell College
|Weight||Overall||Dual||ACC Dual||Dual Pts.||ACC||NCAA||MD||TF||Pins||Fastest|
*denotes redshirt season
Stage Set for Season FinaleFootball11/27/15At noon Saturday, in the rivals' annual clash for the Commonwealth Cup, Virginia (4-7, 3-4) meets Virginia Tech (5-6, 3-4) at Scott Stadium.'Hoos Have Plenty in Reserve at JPJMen's Basketball11/26/15No. 12 Virginia received 30 points from its reserves in an 80-54 win over Lehigh on Wednesday night at John Paul Jones Arena.Cavalier Football Notebook -- Virginia Tech WeekFootball11/24/15At noon Saturday, Virginia (4-7, 3-4) closes the season against Virginia Tech (5-6, 3-4) at Scott Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 23 Virginia Grabs 21-16 Win Over No. 15 Old Dominion
Wrestling | 11/15/2015
Heavyweight Pat Gillen set the tone early with a pin and freshman Fox Baldwin closed things out...
No. 23 Virginia Hosts No. 15 Old Dominion Sunday
Wrestling | 11/14/2015
The No. 23 Virginia wrestling team wrestles at home for the first time this season, hosting No....
No. 23 Virginia Drops Road Meet With No. 5 Ohio State
Wrestling | 11/13/2015
Garrett Peppelman and Zach Nye picked up victories for No. 23 Virginia as the Cavaliers traveled ...
No. 23 Virginia Travels To Face No. 5 Ohio State Friday
Wrestling | 11/12/2015
The No. 23 Virginia wrestling team continues to wrestle on the road Friday, traveling to face...
Virginia Downs SDSU, Grand Canyon At Gopher Duals
Wrestling | 11/7/2015
The Virginia wrestling team picked up a pair of wins at the Gopher Duals on Saturday, going 2-1...
Virginia Defeats No. 25 North Dakota State 25-14
Wrestling | 11/6/2015
Virginia won its final three bouts of the afternoon to rally for a 25-14 win over No. 25 North...
Virginia Travels To Face No. 25 North Dakota State Friday
Wrestling | 11/05/2015
Virginia competes in its first dual meet of the season when it travels to take on No. 25 North...
Jeff White: Team Takes Priority for Virginia Wrestlers
Wrestling | 11/04/2015
Fifth-year seniors Patrick Gillen and Ethan Hayes are battling for the starting job at...
- Online Stores