Atkinson, DiCamillo and Mueller grab bonus point victories to pace Cavalier offense
Four Cavaliers place in annual event hosted by Lock Haven
Cavalier junior sets program standard with nutrition, fitness
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Bison claim final four bouts
• Posted a 3-3 record after battling injury early in the season
• Went 3-2 at the Southern Scuffle (1/1-1/2) in his first action of the season
• Dropped an 8-4 decision to Sean Fausz at No. 3 NC State (1/17)
• Was 9-8 at 125 pounds, including 3-4 mark in UVa duals
• Selected to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed fifth at 125 at Hokie Open, going 4-1 with lone loss coming to eventual NCAA runner-up Zeke Moisey of West Virginia (11/9)
• Posted pair of wins at Southern Scuffle before exiting tournament with injury (1/1); scored 4-2 decision over NCAA qualifier Evan Silver in his first bout at Scuffle
• Posted 11-3 record at 125 pounds, including 2-0 mark in duals
• Competed in three open tournaments, placing in two
• Won the 125 championship at Appalachian State Open (1/25)
• Took runner-up honors at Cleveland State Open (12/14)
• Earned bonus points in each of his dual wins: pin against Anderson's Cory Monteforte (11/2) and major decision against VMI's Dalton Henderson (11/10)
• Redshirt season
• Competed in seven open tournaments at 125 pounds, compiling 18-13 record
• Placed in each of his final three tournaments
• Was runner-up at Franklin & Marshall Open (1/5)
• Placed fourth at Edinboro Open (2/9) and National Collegiate Open (2/24)
CAPE HENRY COLLEGIATE SCHOOL
• Four-time Virginia Private State Champion
• Four-time Prep All-American
• Posted 202-22 career record
• 2011 Beast of the East Champion (120 pounds)
• 2010 Prep National Champion (103 pounds)
• Named school's Senior Male Athlete of the Year
• Two-time team captain
• Coached by Jack Effner
• Also was midfielder on lacrosse team for four years
• Member of Spanish National Honor Society
• Parents are Mike and Karen Mason
• Has two brothers, Cole and Drew; Cole wrestled at Division III Cornell College
|Weight||Overall||Dual||ACC Dual||Dual Pts.||ACC||NCAA||MD||TF||Pins||Fastest|
*denotes redshirt season
'Hoos Find Winning Formula on RoadMen's Basketball1/14/17Led by senior London Perrantes and junior Marial Shayok, No. 19 Virginia defeated ACC rival Clemson 77-73 at Littlejohn Coliseum on Saturday.Salt Carving Out Niche at UVAMen's Basketball1/13/17Jack Salt, a redshirt sophomore from New Zealand, starts at center for No. 19 Virginia, which plays Saturday at ACC rival Clemson.Fong Helping Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceSwimming & Diving1/10/17The UVA men's swimming & diving team, which hosts Virginia Tech this weekend at the Aquatic & Fitness Center, is ranked No. 15 nationally.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Cavaliers Down Lock Haven To Win Virginia Duals Silver...
Wrestling | 1/14/2017
The No. 24 Virginia (8-3) wrestling team defeated Lock Haven on Saturday to win the Silver...
Cavaliers Down The Citadel, Bucknell At Virginia Duals
Wrestling | 1/13/2017
The No. 24 Virginia (7-3) wrestling team defeated The Citadel and Bucknell at the Virginia Duals ...
Cavaliers Open Competition At Virginia Duals Friday
Wrestling | 1/12/2017
The Cavaliers open competition at the Virginia Duals on Friday morning, facing The Citadel and...
Cavalier Trio Places At Southern Scuffle
Wrestling | 1/2/2017
Jack Mueller finished second, while Andrew Atkinson and George DiCamillo both finished fourth in ...
Three Cavaliers Advance To Southern Scuffle Semifinals
Wrestling | 1/1/2017
Three Cavaliers went undefeated on day one at the Southern Scuffle to advance to Monday's...
Virginia Opens New Year At Prestigious Southern Scuffle
Wrestling | 12/31/2016
The No. 24 Virginia wrestling team opens the new year in competition, beginning two days of...
No. 24 Virginia Defeats George Mason 27-10
Wrestling | 12/21/2016
The No. 24 Virginia wrestling program picked up a neutral-site victory on Wednesday, defeating...
No. 24 Virginia Faces George Mason In Neutral Site Meet...
Wrestling | 12/20/2016
The No. 24 Virginia wrestling team faces George Mason on Wednesday night at 7:30 p.m. at the St. ...
- Online Stores