Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Cavaliers finish regular season Thursday at Memorial Gymnasium
UVa wins 25 of 30 bouts in victories over Anderson (S.C.), VMI and George Mason
Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
Cavaliers top West Virginia, Gardner-Webb and Anderson (S.C.)
• Competed in just three bouts before suffering season-ending injury
• Pinned VMI’s Juan Adams in sudden-victory time in his first dual of season (11/2)
• Earned master’s degree in higher education administration in May
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll for third time
• Competed in just two matches before suffering season-ending injury during match against West Virginia's Anthony Vizcarrondo
• Won first match of season against Gardner-Webb's Justin Kozera (11/2)
• Went 8-6 during redshirt sophomore season
• ACC runner-up at heavyweight
• Missed nearly two months with injuries; made return for good during Jan. 18 UNC dual and went 6-1 in duals after his return
• Went 4-1 in ACC duals, with decisions over Cody Klempay (UNC), Brian Self (Duke), Mike Kosoy (NC State) and Dallas Brown (Maryland) and loss to Virginia Tech's David Marone
• Wrestled two ranked foes: then-No. 19 Marone as well as then-No. 9 Jeremy Johnson of Ohio (7-5 loss)
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Posted 11-2 record during redshirt freshman season
• Missed a lot of time with two injuries
• After returning from first injury, he went 6-1 in duals before season ended with injury in practice in late February
• Placed second at NC State Open (11/13); took injury default in championship bout
• Redshirt season
• Went 22-9 while competing unattached in open tournaments
• Placed in five open tournaments
• Took runner-up honors at Wolfpack Open (11/14) and Shorty Hitchock Open (1/16); lost to Maryland All-American Spencer Myers in Shorty Hitchcock final
• Placed third at Appalachian State and Edinboro opens (1/29, 2/12)
• Finished fifth in Clarion Open (2/19)
• Advanced to World Team Trials (freestyle) after taking second place at 120 KG/264.5 pounds at FILA Junior World Team Trials (5/21)
• Earned Freestyle All-America honors after fourth-place finish at FILA Nationals (4/10)
BUCKINGHAM, BROWNE AND NICHOLS SCHOOL
• Three-time Massachusetts state champion and four-time finalist
• Three-time Prep All-American
• Named New England Prep Athlete of the Year in 2010
• Named NHSCA Junior All American
• Two-time Junior Freestyle All-American
• Named to Boston Herald and Globe All-Scholastic Team
• Named ISL Wrestler of the Year
• Earned Academic All-American honors
• Was the Massachusetts recipient for the Dave Shultz Award
• Four-year starter
• Coached by Tom Randall at BB&N
• Standout in wrestling as well as football (RB/LB)
• Five-time all-league honoree in football
• Named Massachusetts all-state
• Also named New England and ISL MVP
• Earned MVP honors in Massachusetts All-Star Game
• School President his senior year
• Worked over 100 hours of community service throughout high school
• Parents are Peter and Jean Papagianopoulos
• Has one brother, Billy
|Weight||Overall||Dual||ACC Dual||Dual Pts.||ACC||NCAA||MD||TF||Pins||Fastest|
Selflessness Marks Cavaliers' Latest WinMen's Basketball1/19/17In its latest road victory, a 71-54 conquest of Boston College, No. 16 Virginia recorded assists on 22 of its 27 field goals Wednesday night.'Hoos Find Winning Formula on RoadMen's Basketball1/14/17Led by senior London Perrantes and junior Marial Shayok, No. 19 Virginia defeated ACC rival Clemson 77-73 at Littlejohn Coliseum on Saturday.Salt Carving Out Niche at UVAMen's Basketball1/13/17Jack Salt, a redshirt sophomore from New Zealand, starts at center for No. 19 Virginia, which plays Saturday at ACC rival Clemson.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Cavaliers Down Lock Haven To Win Virginia Duals Silver...
Wrestling | 1/14/2017
The No. 24 Virginia (8-3) wrestling team defeated Lock Haven on Saturday to win the Silver...
Cavaliers Down The Citadel, Bucknell At Virginia Duals
Wrestling | 1/13/2017
The No. 24 Virginia (7-3) wrestling team defeated The Citadel and Bucknell at the Virginia Duals ...
Cavaliers Open Competition At Virginia Duals Friday
Wrestling | 1/12/2017
The Cavaliers open competition at the Virginia Duals on Friday morning, facing The Citadel and...
Cavalier Trio Places At Southern Scuffle
Wrestling | 1/2/2017
Jack Mueller finished second, while Andrew Atkinson and George DiCamillo both finished fourth in ...
Three Cavaliers Advance To Southern Scuffle Semifinals
Wrestling | 1/1/2017
Three Cavaliers went undefeated on day one at the Southern Scuffle to advance to Monday's...
Virginia Opens New Year At Prestigious Southern Scuffle
Wrestling | 12/31/2016
The No. 24 Virginia wrestling team opens the new year in competition, beginning two days of...
No. 24 Virginia Defeats George Mason 27-10
Wrestling | 12/21/2016
The No. 24 Virginia wrestling program picked up a neutral-site victory on Wednesday, defeating...
No. 24 Virginia Faces George Mason In Neutral Site Meet...
Wrestling | 12/20/2016
The No. 24 Virginia wrestling team faces George Mason on Wednesday night at 7:30 p.m. at the St. ...
- Online Stores